The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dust Warfare, anyone playing or interested in doing so?

+4
rokassan
Kyle
TheLimey
Frantic
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dust Warfare, anyone playing or interested in doing so? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dust Warfare, anyone playing or interested in doing so?

Post by Frantic Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:50 am

I think that's true for a lot of games (scenarios). I'm gla more game companies are doing that these days...in fact the scenario generator for dust is one if its shining features Wink
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Dust Warfare, anyone playing or interested in doing so? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dust Warfare, anyone playing or interested in doing so?

Post by AshDOG Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:38 am

I'm really liking Dust, already played my first game and now have a better understanding of the rules. Definatley a fun game and I like the whole alternate WW2 history behind the game.
AshDOG
AshDOG
Neophyte

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Just to chime in for funzies.

I have a small 25pt WM/H army and I will say it's fun game, but I see it as one that really needs to be your primary game to do well. With all the combos and synergies it's quite easy to forget that extra level that are not necessary on the cards. I've enjoyed the games I have played with some of the groups up in Broward but it's just too far of a drive to go up regulatory.

I sort of think it as a gamers game. Almost like the Counter Strike or Call of Duty of the Table Top realm, and I am saying that in the best way possible. Games are fast and furious and you can easily fit 2-3 in a night of gaming. So while the learning curve is steep you do get in more games in less time to help tackle the curve.

I've been looking at this Dust business is anyone playing at the old sunshine? I'd like to give it a test drive if anyone has some extra figs.

Not to stir the pot any more but has anyone seen this Bolt Action game. It's a new 28mm WWII game from some old GW writers. Seems interesting been toying with the idea of geting the starter kit.

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 231
Armies : FOW: US Paras (Late War) WOTR: Elves
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:49 pm

I was looking at that and was up in the air of which one to get and ended up choosing Dust. I am happy with my decision. The whole thing of pulling dice one by one to determine unit activation kind of turned me off. Also, the walkers in Dust are amazing. Just look at the Konigsluther.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:25 pm

Konigsluther is will be my next purchase. Just because Its almost 100 points... so I can jump from 200 to 300 with one model...and also its sooo sexy! Very Happy
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Hey, just found this free army builder for dust: http://dust.mainecoon.net/

Very simple and strait foward
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Yea. It was one of the first models I got. I also got the Wotan and I had to get the Jagdluther with Sigrid as a pilot. I know they dont have the rules out for her in the Jagdluther yet but the kit is resin and the detail is amazing. Also oicked up a second Hans and a second unit of Flak grenadiers.

Also last night i ordered the comic, the source book, and Jagdprince since he is coming out in Icarus.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:30 pm

So it sounds like most of yo u guys are playing the Axis? I'm between them and the soviets after looking through the ranges.

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 231
Armies : FOW: US Paras (Late War) WOTR: Elves
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by AshDOG Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:49 pm

I am Allies!
AshDOG
AshDOG
Neophyte

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:59 pm

In our group we have 2 Axis (Hector and me), 2 Allies (Eric and Ash), and Bill playing S.S.U.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:30 pm

I play axis and Oscar plays allies. Looks like we are split even with the odd man out being ssu Smile
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Well to be fare Bill does not count since he never plays. And mind you I live in Naples and play more then him in Miami. tongue
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:13 am

I've played a game with Bill already in his defense..lol We did some things wrong btw Bill.

Has anyone painted their minis yet? If you go with the base color they paint up super fast. I did a really basic paint scheme and was able to paint each squad/walker in about 30 minutes.

Heres a pick of the Axis from the starter: Dust Warfare, anyone playing or interested in doing so? - Page 2 09141210

Its a crappy cell phone pic. I will take a decent one when I get home today.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:39 pm

I like the board game version, as it plays like a very quick and simple version of AT-43. Got the warfare book, seems ok ruleset, not crazy about some of the ideas such as sharing abilities with a unit which feels awkward at times. Some diversity to the game was really needed, the Soviet stuff was nice to finally get. It sadly though sounds like only one more faction is going to be added to the game (the Aliens- Vrill). Most of the other countries have unfortunately been consolidated into the generic Axis/Allies/SSU. Hope that with future releases that warfare comes up with unique country specific factional lists so a person could do something like a British list or Chinese force.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:08 pm

I agree Kyle. A big beef I have with the game is limited factions. They should have gone with the flames of war approach here.

Edit: Here's a better quality pic with all my 200 points:

Dust Warfare, anyone playing or interested in doing so? - Page 2 Dust10
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:32 pm

How do you post pictures? I tried and cant.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:33 pm

The 6th little button to the right. Shows a disk and a pic in the background.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:06 pm

Here are mine so far. I had to blow dry the guy running to make him more ercet. I did not like how he is almost falling over.

Still have a lot to paint. Plus, I am still not sure what camo scheme to paint the walkers.

Dust Warfare, anyone playing or interested in doing so? - Page 2 Imag0115

Dust Warfare, anyone playing or interested in doing so? - Page 2 Imag0116

Dust Warfare, anyone playing or interested in doing so? - Page 2 Imag0117
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:20 pm

Anyone up for a game at sunshine after 5:00? I can do up to 300 PTA.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:03 pm

I like the planet of the apes squad
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Those look great! Especially the Apes.

Played a 150ap game with Rob yesterday. He used my Axis and I used a friends allies. It was a good match, very bloody! It's nice that even at low point levels you can still have a good fight in a small amount of time.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:37 pm

I really like the mechanics. I will eh down next weekend if you wanna get together can play.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:40 pm

As in the 27-28?
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:00 pm

yep. i asked Bill but he never answered. Plus I am more likely to have sex with 3 hot girls at the same time then Bill is likely to be let out of the house.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Lol

Sadly I will be out of town those days Sad
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next