The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warmachine/Hordes

+13
Corpazious
ar2
The Eldar Guy
Abaddon
ShadowMaster
rokassan
DarkAngel_Cesar
luis the young
Vycem
Hurricane
Ovich
Warlord Solskritt
dork_jedi
17 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Warmachine/Hordes - Page 7 Empty Re: Warmachine/Hordes

Post by Kyle Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:10 am

If your getting into the game then probably stay away from the battle boxes at this point. The battle boxes are severely outdated and many of the jacks in them are usually not seen used anymore. The game has a power creep that happens continually and they never updated the box sets. Many of the old jacks in those sets have been basically replaced with better alternatives in the newer releases. Back in the day the figs used to be simple with maybe one or two abilities, now you get similar statted jacks with page full of crazy special rules.

If your looking to learn the game, it's not a bad deal though realize when you start really playing, your going to shelf most of it outside of the caster generally. If possible get some folks to just teach you with their own figs, they usually will have extra figs. Study up, and get what you like after you know the basics.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:34 am

Kyle wrote:If your getting into the game then probably stay away from the battle boxes at this point. The battle boxes are severely outdated and many of the jacks in them are usually not seen used anymore. The game has a power creep that happens continually and they never updated the box sets. Many of the old jacks in those sets have been basically replaced with better alternatives in the newer releases. Back in the day the figs used to be simple with maybe one or two abilities, now you get similar statted jacks with page full of crazy special rules.

If your looking to learn the game, it's not a bad deal though realize when you start really playing, your going to shelf most of it outside of the caster generally. If possible get some folks to just teach you with their own figs, they usually will have extra figs. Study up, and get what you like after you know the basics.

Eh...I have to disagree.The battle boxes seem good.My Cygnar box seems pretty good and the only jack I'd drop is the Charger as he's a focus hog.The Lancer is a pretty good arcnode jack.The Ironclad is also a good warjack with a nice weapon.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by plodolo Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:11 am

Some battle boxes are better than others. Mine is ok. It comes with Juggernaut and Destroyer and Sorcha. Sorcha rocks! Juggy and Destroyer are still used but are outdated. I would field Destroyer on certain occasions.
plodolo
plodolo
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 161
Armies : KHADOR and NECRONS!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:27 pm

I guess Hordes has a less of a problem with this? Being that it came out much later.

I bought the Skorne Box, and while Morghul looks to be the least effective warlock, the Cyclop Savages and Titan Gladiator seemed to be used in many lists.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:05 pm

Stephan,
From what I'm reading about Morghul he looks like a "lead from the front" type of warlock. His feat denies generating Fury on warbeasts in his control area along with damage transference. I would pop this when I'm in close with an enemy warlock/caster. I would use my titan to manhandle(elephant/rhino-handle?) people out of the way because he gets free slams. walk up with Morghul and use cyclops anumus on himself and pop feat. you now can roll, decide if you want to boost hits and damage after you roll and all damage you do to the warlock/caster cannot be transferred off the model to a warbeast. you *should* be able to assasinate on that turn.

With that said, i think the model sucks and from what I'm reading on gurudojo.com he's not a favorite 'lock.
You can read some info on him here: http://battlecollege.wikispaces.com/Morghoul
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:03 pm

As the battle college points out, Morghul is generally considered the weakest of all Skorne warlocks, although he did come in second in the 2007 UK Nationals.

The problem is that because of his spells he seems to be a natrually beast heavy warlock, but his Fury is so low that he can't run a real horde of them. He does have a very good alpha strike and can definitely be used to assainate though.

Epic Morghul is a much bigger assassination threat though. I plan on getting him soon.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7