The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ard'Boys Fantasy sign up -- updated on 4/18/2008

3 posters

Go down

Ard'Boys Fantasy sign up -- updated on 4/18/2008 Empty Ard'Boys Fantasy sign up -- updated on 4/18/2008

Post by luis the young Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:54 pm

UPDATED ON 4/18/2008

Spoke with Joel today and confirmed Saturday the 19th of April, for the tournament. Please make sure to arrive at 10:00 AM, as the tournament will start shortly thereafter. Also, please make sure to provide me with your army list not later then 4/17 in either Army Builder 3.0, PDF, or Excel (spreadsheet) format. DO NOT FORGET TO SEND IT ON TIME. I WILL BE ADDING POINTS TO YOUR GAME TOTAL FOR A LIST SUBMITTED ON TIME...ENOUGH TO AFFECT WHERE YOU FINISH IN THE EVENT.

I have received lists from all participants and verified them. Sadly, Max has had to bow out, so no Vampire Count goodness (I still hope to see/hear him heckling people with his usual vigor) and no High Elf love. I have printed out 5 copies of EVERYONE'S list so that you can give a copy to your opponent and so that they will be uniform (easier to read/interpret). At any rate, looking forward to seeing you there on Saturday.

Participants (as of 4/18):

1) Luis -- Tomb Kings (confirmed on 4/10) -- Received list on 4/14 -- List confirmed on 4/16
2) Juan -- Skaven (confirmed on 4/10) -- Received list on 4/17 -- List confirmed on 4/17
3) Dale -- Army TBD (confirmed on 4/10) -- Received list on 4/15 -- List confirmed on 4/16
4) Stephan -- Army TBD (confirmed on 4/10) -- Received list on 4/17 -- List confirmed on 4/18
5) Max -- Vampire Counts (confirmed on 4/10) -- withdrew on 4/17
6) Nate -- Dark Elves (confirmed on 4/11) -- Received list on 4/17 -- List confirmed on 4/17
7) Bill -- Chaos -- Received list on 4/16 -- List confirmed on 4/17

=====================================================================

The tournament will be the 1st round of 3.

Round 1: Sunshine Gaming on April 19: If you need the address, please click here --> Store Website
Round 2: Location TBD on May 31
Round 3: Chicago, IL (as part of Chicago Games Day) from 25-26 July

To find a list of participating stores for the first round, please go here:

Participating Stores

Please plan on being at Sunshine at 10:00 AM on Saturday, April 19.

Somethings that will NOT/NOT change:

1) As the games will be 3500 points and I expect you to take 3 hours per game, you
MUST arrive by 10:00 AM on April 19, 2008.

2) The tournament will consist of three rounds, with a 15 minute break between rounds (yes, seems short, but I've done many tournaments and 15 minutes is plenty of time). Also, we'll have a 30 minute break for lunch after the first round.

3) I will be the rules judge and my rulings will be final. I have all the FAQs printed out, as well as all the Erata, so feel comfortable making rulings. Plus, I've been the judge at virtually all the tournaments in which I've participated down here.

The rules can be found here: 'Ard Boyz Rules

Your score will be based on:

1) battle points (up to a max of 24/game)
2) sportsmanship -- not 100% certain I'll do this...depends how much of a dufus some players decide to be
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Ard'Boys Fantasy sign up -- updated on 4/18/2008 Empty Re: Ard'Boys Fantasy sign up -- updated on 4/18/2008

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:55 am

Dakai wrote:um i might have a problem...do to the lack of time that last few weeks....i might no have some models not finished....i will try to have atlest the front rank finished...i mean it is only a a 10 man unit. would this be alright sam??? please let me know as soon as possiable. This is nate by the way. the army is going to sent to you shortly
Not a problem...as long as the unit has the correct models in the front, I can lend you some for your back rank. You will need them if you finish high enough to go on to the semis, though.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Ard'Boys Fantasy sign up -- updated on 4/18/2008 Empty Re: Ard'Boys Fantasy sign up -- updated on 4/18/2008

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:48 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Are you going to supply copies of our Army Builder lists for our opponents?

For those of you who send me your lists ahead of time, I've been replying with a PDF file of your list created from Army Builder -- to keep the format consistent. You should print out those lists (5 copies in total) to give to me, your opponents, and yourself.

For those of you who do not supply me with a list ahead of time (you can just type it into a word document for all I care), you will be penalized in tournament points for not having a list in ahead of time, plus your opponent will still need to get a copy of your list from you. So, save yourself the headache and send me the darn list ahead of time.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Okay,

I have received everyone's list and verified it. I have sent PDF files to everyone, though decided after the fact to print out everyone's list. So, I have 5 copies of each of your lists, which I will bring with me to the tournament. Remember, no tweaking tonight as you're hit with inspiration. You need to play the list you sent me.

Also, I updated the main post to include the website for Sunshine Adventure Gaming in case you need the address or the phone number. For convenience, click here --> Sunshine Adventure Gaming Website if you don't want to look in the message above.

Remember, arrive at the store not later then 10:00 AM tomorrow (Saturday). I will also post the scenarios now, as I have everyone's list (again, no changing, based on anything from the scenarios). Not to fear, I have lots of copies of each.

Scenarios (from the 'ArdBoyz Website) --> Scenarios for Round 1

Hope to see everyone there.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:41 am

i want to fight against the skeaven in a round i have a score to settle with jaun...i bitter that i got shoutdown by a banner...a 75 point banner killed my dragon!!!!!!
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:02 am

Please see the posted results on the 'Ard Boyz Topic. Thanks to all who participated...I had a good time and hope everyone enjoyed themselves through the Marathon tournament.

Special thanks to Max for agreeing to help get everyone food to keep the tournament on schedule.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down