The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally finished reading Legion ***warning spoilers on thread ******

2 posters

Go down

Finally finished reading Legion  ***warning spoilers on thread ****** Empty Finally finished reading Legion ***warning spoilers on thread ******

Post by Ovich Wed May 13, 2009 7:32 am

What did previous readers think of the book?

I liked it, thought it was cool, but was left wanting more of the story about the Alpha Legion. Very compelling story with the twin primarchs and the choice to help the emperor by creating his downfall.

Here's what I struggle with though... the cabal told the twins that by helping to bring about the downfall of the emperor they would be saving the universe. So obviously, the legion went rogue in order to do " the practical thing" , but that's why I thought the story was kind of hollow compared to some of Abnett's other work. It felt rushed.

No civil strife among the ranks of the Alpha Legion, like there was in every other legion shown so far. ? No Alpha Legionaires who thought that fighting against the emperor in order to eventually save the universe was the wrong way to go?

Why would 2 primarchs believe the psychic witchery of a xenos race? Seems like they fell for it too easily.

and then the most compelling question of all..... After Horus failed, why would the Alpha legion continue to fight against the imperium. If they knew they had failed their mission of saving the universe by bringing about the downfall of the emperor, why would they continue to stay rogue?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Finally finished reading Legion  ***warning spoilers on thread ****** Empty Re: Finally finished reading Legion ***warning spoilers on thread ******

Post by Dakai Fri May 15, 2009 3:13 pm

well Alpharuis (think that is how it spelled) was slain by the Ultramarines, how had no love for the sneaky black op fighting style that the 20th legion had developed. For example after one of the greatest victories in the Alpha Legion's history, The Ultramarines responded with this "What a waste of the Emperor's Bolter Shells". Also when you think about it they never truly fell to chaos, they simple went rouge, and there true motives remain unseen. Are they fighting for humanity or against it...

They are a legion sworn to secrecy, hell not even the other primarch's knew about the twins, no-one knows where their home planet is or even if they had one. And when you think about it they have not finished saving humanity from itself, as that is their mission objective. Or is it all a shame...lol

But, um there was a article in white dwarf back in 2004 i think, when they where doing all the "First Founding" fluff stuff. That goes more into it. If you want i could get it to you cause i have on pdf somewhere. Also in white dwarf when "Legion" came out there was an article saying that there is several secrets about the legion and that this book only uncovers one of them so yea!!!!
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Finally finished reading Legion  ***warning spoilers on thread ****** Empty Re: Finally finished reading Legion ***warning spoilers on thread ******

Post by Dakai Fri May 15, 2009 3:16 pm

oh also they are the same person just in two bodies....it goes along with the whole hydra thing...

Oh and on the whole no enter fighting thing, it is simple with them it is Legion First.
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down