The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flames of War Escalation League!

4 posters

Go down

Flames of War Escalation League! Empty Flames of War Escalation League!

Post by scurrdi Fri May 15, 2009 12:28 am

Alright, here's the deal.

I would like to run an Escalation League for FOW. I haven't spoken with Joel about this really and I'd like to see it more player driven. Here's what I'm thinking so far.

1. We would meet every 2 or 3 weeks (pending interest). When we meet would be the marking point of how many points we are now playing at and also how many points you would need to have assembled and painted by. A judging of painting would happen here (up to debate or change).
a. The current rankings would also be announced here.

2. In between meetings players would play 2 or 3 (pending group decision) games of the current point value against other players in the league. These games can be held anywhere (not just Joels').
a. In order to solidify these games, an AAR (After Action Report) would need to be posted on these forums. Photos are strongly encouraged.

3. The league would start in June, looking to end in August or so.
a. This is a mixed goal. For veteran players I hope it will re-spark interest and help us get our armies painted. For new players I think it will a good way to learn the game, help the financial costs by spreading it out, and get their armies painted!

What do you guys think? I'd love to see this happen!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Flames of War Escalation League! Empty Re: Flames of War Escalation League!

Post by Vycem Fri May 15, 2009 7:26 am

I'd love to try. The British 7th Armored Division has been dying to roll out. How many points would it start at, and how many points would it increment by? I'm more worried about my painting speed more than anything else!

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by [(Anthony)] Fri May 15, 2009 8:35 pm

I was looking into playing myself, but when I went to the site I was a little put off by the scale of the models since I play 40k. And I have no idea how the rules work, its very foreign to me.

[(Anthony)]
Neophyte

Male
Number of posts : 26
Armies : Tau, Dark Angels, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Fri May 15, 2009 9:07 pm

I was a bit apprehensive too at first about the size of the models. I had never painted anything so small. But, it is actually the best size for this size of tank. It makes the game much more affordable especially if you wanted to play with an Armor Company. Imagine if you had to pay 40 or so dollars ( I don't remember what a 40K tank goes for) for 13 or so tanks. Instead of the 12 dollars it costs now. And once you start playing with that size models it really is very good. Anyways, there are plenty of us with 2 or 3 armies so If you wanted to try it out we could help you so you don't have to spend any money yet. Oh and the rules are probrobly the best I have seen in a long time. Way better than the 40K rules. Much more realistic and gives you more strategic opportunities.

Hurricane

Hurricane
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun May 17, 2009 1:02 am

Don't be put off by the rules at all, just remember that first time you learned the 40k rules. There are some similarities so it won't be that bad.

I also echo what Hurricane said. I hated thinking about painting those minatures, but it's currently the only fully painted army I own.

When the league gets going take a look and get a 600 pt army or so. Even if you don't do tanks it'll probably run you no more then $30 for a couple of blisters, which is all you need for 600 pts. Or try one of our extra armies and see what happens!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by [(Anthony)] Mon May 18, 2009 4:19 pm

That actually sounds pretty cool, when are their going to be organized events so I can see them for myself.

And if I played I'd probably look into some kind of armored company or paratrooper army.

[(Anthony)]
Neophyte

Male
Number of posts : 26
Armies : Tau, Dark Angels, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon May 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Events and stuff are still up in the air, I'm trying to gauge interest / commitment at this point.

Sundays are FOW days though so if you start swinging by on those days I hopefully will have my armies and stuff there (and other people too!)

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down