The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venue change

+5
rokassan
Vycem
ar2
ShadowMaster
galonso
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Venue change Empty Venue change

Post by galonso Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:42 pm

Warmachine at Sunshine has ended for Cary and I. We will not be running anymore leagues, tournaments, or stepping foot in there ever again.

We will continue to hold tournaments every two weeks until further notice. The events will be held at War and Pieces on Saturday until the new site is ready.

In a few weeks we will start holding league and tournaments at Outland Station in Miami. Mark is currently working with me to get the boards set up.

All future events will be posted on my website (www.gurudojo.com) under South Florida Warmachine/Hordes Community in the forums. I invite you all to make an account and participate.

Most of the community should have my number if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks,

Gabriel
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male
Number of posts : 226
Armies : Warmachine: All, Hordes : All
Registration date : 2008-11-21

http://www.gurudojo.com

Back to top Go down

Venue change Empty Re: Venue change

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:50 pm

Play where ever you like, but in interest of keeping a united game community I'd like to suggest you still communicate with your group on these boards.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:15 pm

I'll be attending Outland once the new league gets going, and I know Andre and Ed will as well.

Is Outland a good option for the rest of the WM/H group, namely Stephan, Cesar, Ray, and the rest?

- Art

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 196
Armies : Cygnar and Retribution(Warmachine), Trollblood(Hordes)
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:23 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Play where ever you like, but in interest of keeping a united game community I'd like to suggest you still communicate with your group on these boards.

+1!

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:54 pm

What days will you be playing there? Will you be supporting free play or just the league?

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:41 pm

Vycem wrote:What days will you be playing there? Will you be supporting free play or just the league?

Not positive on the day, but I think it's going to be Thursdays. As for free play or league, we'll probably be doing a bit of both. Gabriel will be able to fill you in more thoroughly than I can at the moment.

- Art

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:08 pm

What in the fuck happened now. What great transgression has Joel committed?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Yeah.. give us the juicy gossip.. What did Joel do now?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by galonso Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:10 am

ShadowMaster wrote:Play where ever you like, but in interest of keeping a united game community I'd like to suggest you still communicate with your group on these boards.

Mostly Sunshine players post here and they are small portion of my player base. I have players that don't fall into that category and don't know about this site (Ft. Lauderdale). I have a website for Warmachine/Hordes and I plan to make use of it.

Last edited by galonso on Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:21 am

Gabe,

It wouldn't hurt to post on this board too from time to time.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:05 am

galonso wrote:

Mostly Sunshine players post here and they are small portion of my player base. I have players that don't fall into that category and don't know about this site (Ft. Lauderdale). I have a website for Warmachine/Hordes and I plan to use of it.

Like it says on the title dude - this is "A South Florida community gaming site."
You know that we are not tied to any one store.
Your Ft. Lauderdale friends would know about this site if you sent them over here.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by galonso Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:16 pm

Thanks "dude". I didnt notice that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I guess Im not being clear. I will continue to post here for the few players that come here.

The only people I know on this site are my friends or have spoken to me about the game. If they want to know about GW games, Flames of War etc. Ill send them here. If they want WM/Hordes Ill direct them to my site.
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:49 pm

Never mind Gabe.

You were clearly in a bad mood when you wrote the thread and I'm sure you don't mean to come off sounding like as much of an insulting ass as you do here.

Good luck with your site.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by galonso Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:18 pm

No one insulted you. I dont even know who you are. I do know that you always have something smart to say even though you are not part of the WM/Hordes community in South Florida. Ive never seen you at any demos, leagues, or events in Dade or Broward county.
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:56 pm

Well, now you are sounding like an A-hole. Whether you meant to or not.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:52 am

Guys, this is not constructive in any way whatsoever.

Gabe, since this site is still a main site for gaming in the South Florida community, it would help, as a press ganger, to continue to post tournament and league info here, for those people who still play warmachine.

I know you're interested in attracting new players to WM, so continuing to post here may increase interest in the game.

That's the main idea people are trying to get across.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by galonso Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:03 am

Hurricane wrote:Well, now you are sounding like an A-hole. Whether you meant to or not.

Heres another person from this site that I don't know, that doesnt participate in any of my events, that isnt part of my gaming community that has something smart to say. And you want me to send people to this site?

To Ovich:

I never said I wasnt going to post events and information here. All I said was:

"All future events will be posted on my website (www.gurudojo.com) under South Florida Warmachine/Hordes Community in the forums. I invite you all to make an account and participate."

and

"Mostly Sunshine players post here and they are small portion of my player base. I have players that don't fall into that category and don't know about this site (Ft. Lauderdale). I have a website for Warmachine/Hordes and I plan to make use of it."

and clarified with this-

"I guess Im not being clear. I will continue to post here for the few players that come here."
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:31 am

galonso wrote:Heres another person from this site that I don't know, that doesnt participate in any of my events, that isnt part of my gaming community that has something smart to say. And you want me to send people to this site?

That is so unproductive, just take the high road and ignore it if you really want to indicate that you want to participate in a growing community of war gaming. So your priorities are Privateer Press; we're trying to convey that we wanted you to actively provide content relating to your interests here in hopes you might attract more gamers from the South Florida gaming scene that posts on here.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by galonso Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:41 pm

I'm done.

Thanks everyone.
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:40 pm

Be great to get more broward players to post on this board so we can have a unified south florida gaming community, many of us are willing to drive to other places to play and to simply separate the community does no good. Most of the board users are Sunshine players? Well that's never gonna change is others don't hit up this board from other areas of South Florida.

And splitting off simply for a single specific game line just further dilutes the player pool when theres so many games to play.

Be great if more folks would hit up this board, I know I gotta try to get some of my friends to sign up for this board who are all broward gamers.

And whats up with dropping W&P, there is no store in SF that supports the game as much as them, it seems like every day I go their they are teaching new players or selling someone new into the game.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by galonso Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:27 pm

Venue change in Miami only. Still running events at WP
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:37 pm

galonso wrote:Venue change in Miami only. Still running events at WP

Such as a Steam Roller 4 500 point tourney this weekend! :Shameless plug for a game l love: Razz

- Art

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:25 pm

Gabe is actually incorrect.

There are MANY Broward players (myself included) on this board.
I recruit people whenever I am at W&P and Tate's.

I try to grow our game community every chance I get.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by galonso Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:42 pm

Let me know the next time your at W&P. I'm there every Friday night and I'm running a tournament this Saturday.

I'd love to put a face to the name.

I make announcements at my tournaments and no one that plays WM/Hordes there has heard of this website.
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:46 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Gabe is actually incorrect.

There are MANY Broward players (myself included) on this board.
I recruit people whenever I am at W&P and Tate's.

I try to grow our game community every chance I get.

Never really see any broward people posting here, it's pretty much always Sunshine talk.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next