The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WM/Hordes Riot Act

2 posters

Go down

WM/Hordes Riot Act Empty WM/Hordes Riot Act

Post by galonso Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:38 pm

Ok I am now unbanned.

I will state my position for the final time. If I get any crap from people who dont even play this game or are part of the WM/Hordes player community, I will tell you to jump in a lake (to put it mildly). Furthermore, if you want to call me an asshole, social misfit, narcissist, or anything else, I encourage you to say it to me in person. I'm sure we will be able to work it out one way or another.

Heres a copy of the email I sent out to all my players.

I will not be running anymore events at Sunshine. The reason why is because the shop is small and uncomfortable. It is always a mess and in disarray. Every Thursday when we showed up for league, we needed to spend time cleaning up Joel's tables. Joel makes many people uncomfortable and is always complaining about how no one buys anything from him. He also charges people a fee to play in the store. I think his customer service is terrible.

The last straw was a weekend when we had a scheduled tournament and Joel invited people to come play board games and Warhammer and pushed us back into a tiny space in the back of the store. This was a day scheduled for Warmachine/Hordes (first Saturday of every month). We were all very uncomfortable and just ended the tourney and left. We did not feel welcome.

I talked it over with my players and they too felt the same as I did. I decided to make a change. We need a place where we feel welcome and comfortable. A place you WANT to go to hang out with friends or people with similar hobby interests. I dreaded going to Sunshine. I'd rather stay home and play.

The only reason people go there is because its one of the very few stores in Miami and its been around forever. There are very few alternatives.

There might be a new one. Outland Station is making an effort to cater to the gaming community and is getting miniature gaming tables.

We will wait and see how this works out. In the mean time, I will still hold events twice a month (every two weeks) at War and Pieces in Davie, FL until we get a place to play in Miami. When that happens, we will alternate as we did before.

War and Pieces is the best venue in South Florida. Lots of space and you always feel welcome. I am there every Friday playing WM/Hordes until about 2am.

I will never step foot in Sunshine again. If you need to get a hold of me my number is XX-XXX-XXXX. Call me if you have any questions or want to play.

I never said I wasn't going to continue to post on this site for the members who come here for information. The people who come to this site are mostly from Sunshine. The Ft. Lauderdale people do not know about this site. I am going to post event and tournament information both here and on my own site.

As far as a new Miami venue, nothing is happening until after Gen Con in August. We will have a tourneys at War and Pieces until then. Summer Rampage begins in mid September. This event will determine the order the faction books are released in MK II.
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male
Number of posts : 226
Armies : Warmachine: All, Hordes : All
Registration date : 2008-11-21

http://www.gurudojo.com

Back to top Go down

WM/Hordes Riot Act Empty Re: WM/Hordes Riot Act

Post by ImAShakiraholic Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:37 am

outland really wants people to play mini's, trust me
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down