The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMORPG- Need suggestions (NOT WoW)

+8
Quincilla767
acidchalk (erick)
Wild
NurgleNick
chef xenos
Kyle
ShadowMaster
zephel
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

MMORPG- Need suggestions (NOT WoW) - Page 3 Empty Re: MMORPG- Need suggestions (NOT WoW)

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:39 am

The last single player game I bought was Assassin's Creed. I finished the whole thing (secret levels and all) in 2 weeks. Complete waste of $50.

Unless it has some replayability (like sports) or PvP (like FPS) it's really better to rent these days.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

MMORPG- Need suggestions (NOT WoW) - Page 3 Empty Re: MMORPG- Need suggestions (NOT WoW)

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:40 am

DC Universe launched this week
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:48 am

Impressions of DC Universe seem to be pretty positive so far. The action real time combat looks fun, and they fixed the problem the other super hero MMO's had, and that is they made loot/gear important, as well as it having open PVP at launch.

I'm not a huge DC fan though so I haven't bothered to try it though have been tempted.

I just don't know about a Mass Effect MMO, I guess they could make it work but haven't gotten the vibe out of the universe yet even in the books of a very good MMO setting, but I'm sure they could expand on it. I think ME would work well as an online shooter though like Gears of War, or the Battlefield games.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:07 pm

LoL I got DC Universe. My cousin is playing it as well and since it's on PS3 decided to give it a shot with him for now.

So far, it' actually pretty damn fun, much more interesting than the other SuperHero MMO's so far. The combat system is nice being like a brawling game and with some decent production values for PvE content with voice acting (Mark Hamill Joker ftw).

My one main concern off the bat is the longevity of the game as it just doesn't feel that huge to me at the moment and the level cap is at 30 which many have already reached easily. Also dealing with the game on console can be a bit of a chore though at least PS3 accepts any USB keyboard so chat is easy. Navigating menus needs some improving though.

Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by aosol Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Get it over with and play WoW with your friends.

I always wanted to have somewhat of a "south florida" guild where you could have an entire raid core of people who you actually knew. I know the player base is out there.
aosol
aosol
Traitor Captain

Number of posts : 256
Armies : Legion of Ever-blahhhh
Registration date : 2011-01-27

http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?dq=aosol

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:16 pm

I know but the issue with wow is just i'm bored of leveling and if i do get back i guess i could start back again with my warrior who at 80 but i need to but cata and then server xfer. and i don't have money as it is when i'm trying to save up 90 bucks as it is to buy something
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 454
Armies : Eldar, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Champions Online just launched this week that it's free to play.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:53 pm

zephel wrote:I know but the issue with wow is just i'm bored of leveling and if i do get back i guess i could start back again with my warrior who at 80 but i need to but cata and then server xfer. and i don't have money as it is when i'm trying to save up 90 bucks as it is to buy something

Cata leveling 80-85 is pretty easy, it's the quest/rep grind to earn decent gear to run heroics that is a bit of a challenge. Cata Herocis are TOUGH. Not too many are finishing them right now. PUGs have no chance.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3