The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killin Teclis *suggestions*

+10
Diosamblet
The Eldar Guy
Autarch (CM)
xxbloodfirexx
Ovich
KingdomCome
luis the young
Garry
ShadowMaster
jspyd3rx
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Killin Teclis *suggestions* Empty Killin Teclis *suggestions*

Post by jspyd3rx Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:56 pm

So any ideas? I see he only has 3x wounds and a toughness 2. Also, no ward or armor saves. A feedback scroll could mess him up if he threw down a bunch of dice. I got greatskull, miscast on 1,2,3 and a hellheart which makes any doubles a miscast. I know he can usually have a lot of power dice with that banner of sorcery, but he can only max out at 12 which shouldn't be a problem. What do you guys have for strategies against him?
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Killin Teclis *suggestions* Empty Re: Killin Teclis *suggestions*

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:06 pm

When it comes to the 8Ed magic phase, what Teclis wants.... Teclis gets. He will get lots of dice and he will get all his spells off.

Short of a few trick items available to some armies (Greatskull, Ring of Hotek, etc.) the best general overall strategy is to account for the above.

Avoid him, redirect him, feed him junk units.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:16 pm

What army are you using againsy him?

I took him down pretty quick with the Jezzels and some globadiers.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:27 pm

Garry wrote:What army are you using againsy him?

I took him down pretty quick with the Jezzels and some globadiers.

Where did he had him hiding ? The way i faced him he was in a unit of Phoenix guard in the second rank sorrounded by characters. Pretty hard to hit him directly.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:13 pm

How can Teclis " see" if he's in the middle of a unit surrounded?
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:24 pm

KingdomCome wrote:How can Teclis " see" if he's in the middle of a unit surrounded?

Hes not casting any direct dmg spells, just buff spells on the unit. ASF High Elves with +3 strength, +3 attacks, rerroll misses cause of hiher Ini, most of the time, Lord of the White lions, Lord of the Phoenix guard, plus like 3 other Nobles...makes a mess of most anything hitting them in combat.

There are a couple of things that can kill Teclis, but gotta get it off with Irresistible force and some items also that can do the trick....i wish i had any of those in the armies i play Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:18 pm

What I realized is that the trick to facing Teclis , at least in Rob's configuration, is to avoid that unit as much as possible and just try and kill all his other units.

Yes they are movement 5, and not easily avoided, but you can hold them up for a a turn with a cheap unit or 2.

The only other options include getting off a nasty level 6 spell with IF, that can kill anyone in the unit like Final Transmutation, or The Dwellers Below.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by xxbloodfirexx Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:33 pm

Man, we really need some threads on beating other people's armys!

xxbloodfirexx
Neophyte

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:45 pm

By my count, around the end of September should see around 6x HE players. They are going to be the most army played here in Miami by year's end. Who knows how many more will get sucked in by the new starter too. We are going to see a lot of Teclis in the future. Spamming artillery into his unit should put a huge dent. I just need more confirmation from GW so I can field 3x scraplaunchers.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:21 pm

Ovich wrote:What I realized is that the trick to facing Teclis , at least in Rob's configuration, is to avoid that unit as much as possible and just try and kill all his other units.

Yes they are movement 5, and not easily avoided, but you can hold them up for a a turn with a cheap unit or 2.

The only other options include getting off a nasty level 6 spell with IF, that can kill anyone in the unit like Final Transmutation, or The Dwellers Below.

Power Scrolls can facilitate getting a level 6 spell off with IF pretty easily for one turn. If you fully expect to disintegrate a unit that's the best bet. Tack that on a level 4 wizard and you're good to go.

The only trick (which; really, for a competitive player is not an issue) is remembering what lores of magic metagame against what armies. Lots of low init armies? Purple Sun of Xereus. Low strength model hordes common? Final Transmutation.

etc. etc. etc.

But really, I'd hate to see our games of Fantasy devolve into a 'level 4 wizard rapes face turn 1, game over turn 2' kind of an affair. One tourney after all of us antagonize each other with that garbage we're bringing every MR 3 equipped model our armies can offer and then you neuter that build... So we're going to jump from flavor of the month to month... to month.

We don't even have any new books in the 8th ed environment (post release of the Big Red Book, obviously) and I'm dreading the thought of having to go into a Tournament to litigate this current power curve/metagame.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:25 pm

I am just going to start HE army too. Hehe
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:32 pm

xxbloodfirexx wrote:Man, we really need some threads on beating other people's armys!

Take it as a compliment Rob - I haven't played your list, but it looks quite nasty.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:01 am

xxbloodfirexx wrote:Man, we really need some threads on beating other people's armys!

Lol, is just that Teclis was such a nasty surprise, i don think anyone was expecting him to be that strong in 8th, he was tough before, now he's just stupid.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:08 am

Autarch (CM) wrote:
But really, I'd hate to see our games of Fantasy devolve into a 'level 4 wizard rapes face turn 1, game over turn 2' kind of an affair. One tourney after all of us antagonize each other with that garbage we're bringing every MR 3 equipped model our armies can offer and then you neuter that build... So we're going to jump from flavor of the month to month... to month.

MR's ward saves won't save ya from characteristic tests and the like.

From what I read online Power scroll and big spells are pretty common.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:26 am

The Eldar Guy wrote:

MR's ward saves won't save ya from characteristic tests and the like.

From what I read online Power scroll and big spells are pretty common.

True about the MR; but, most folks cast other spells after throwing that big one at you. No reason not to keep casting. But yeah, I didn't clarify that enough in my last post.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:59 am

jspyd3rx wrote:By my count, around the end of September should see around 6x HE players. They are going to be the most army played here in Miami by year's end. Who knows how many more will get sucked in by the new starter too. We are going to see a lot of Teclis in the future.

God I sure hope not. Every other game is against HE? That would make a boring scene. It's kinda getting that way with skaven... ie lots of people starting them. It seems we'll be having lots of mirror matches.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:50 am

If Teclis is such a game breaker, you can always refuse to play an opponent who fields him. Better to look for a game elsewhere than waste your time playing a match you won't enjoy.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:32 am

Diosamblet wrote:If Teclis is such a game breaker, you can always refuse to play an opponent who fields him. Better to look for a game elsewhere than waste your time playing a match you won't enjoy.

You know our group is too small to act like that. Embrace the challenge.
Besides, you gonna forfeit your tournement game round too?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:14 am

Diosamblet wrote:If Teclis is such a game breaker, you can always refuse to play an opponent who fields him. Better to look for a game elsewhere than waste your time playing a match you won't enjoy.

We actually welcome the best list anyone can come up with. It makes us better players. In this case we are just working together to come up with a good strategy. I need it since I am new to fantasy, as are a lot of other players now. It personally bugs me when someone holds back against me. It doesn't help my game. I want to be good enough to at least place in any tourny.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:05 am

Ok here is the Skaven plan for the gay elf....

Units of 50 to 75 slves w/ spears
2 units of swarms one on each flank

use the slave to tie the unit with him in it they will be steadfast and have one swarm on each flank of the slave to protect the rank bonus.

Make sure you general is w/ in 12in gives ldr 10 and BSB incase of shitty roll

Now take your globadiers, Jezzeles, morters, rattling guns and any other shooty thing shot into the unit hell shoot some warp lightning into it aslo. yes you have 50% chance of hitting your slaves but hell they are slaves and there 75 of them compared to what ever they are running at 2.5 pts a model.

You will still have enough points to run all kinds of other units to run down the other pointy ears down or bottle them up. Make sure to take some tunnelers to hit the war machines.

Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Yup - junk units.
Pop 4x5 Skink Camo Scouts in front of the unit and keep him busy for 2 turns right from the start for only 240 points.

ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:09 pm

I think Teclis could be much more dangerous being used in a more offensive manner.

Plop him in the front rank of a 15 man unit of Phoenix guard, and have him generally stay behind the scenes, but still have line of sight. You obviously have to protect that unit and not allow it to get charged.

The fact that he can pick any Lore before the battle is the key. He can basically cast any level 6 spell he wants every turn with IF.. that's HUGE !

Playing some pesky Dwarves, Lizardman, or Ogres ? How about a nice pit of shades swallowing up whole units every turn

Going against some low strength elves, humans or skaven, well then the Dwellers Below can mess up whole units every turn

Or how about just taking Lore of Metal and casting the final Transmutation every turn. The ultimate character killing spell.

He's cheeze, because you can do whatever the hell he wants, and nothing can stop him from getting the spell off.

Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by xxbloodfirexx Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:38 pm

I have a counter to the junk unit strat I would love to test, no one has done this to me yet though. With junk units having little to no armor 48 attacks should put quite the dent in any junk unit.

xxbloodfirexx
Neophyte

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:57 pm

The key is the junk unit only has to kill him and he has to be in the front rank of the unit pg 97 so spears could get 9 at.. on him not to mention the shooting phase could cause a lot of look out sirs. Not to mention Skaven can feild 2 to 3 of these units really cheap and still have points to put the other hitters in.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:41 pm

hes not in the front rank
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next