The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos + Demons equal more intense and Fluff friendly battles

+6
scurrdi
Plague30
Grombart
Forcefed24
Ovich
rokassan
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do we allow Chaos players to use summoned demons from the new codex. Only Greater or lesser. No Special characters.

Chaos + Demons equal more intense and Fluff friendly battles - Page 2 Vote_lcap70%Chaos + Demons equal more intense and Fluff friendly battles - Page 2 Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 7 ]
Chaos + Demons equal more intense and Fluff friendly battles - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Chaos + Demons equal more intense and Fluff friendly battles - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 10

Chaos + Demons equal more intense and Fluff friendly battles - Page 2 Empty Re: Chaos + Demons equal more intense and Fluff friendly battles

Post by ImAShakiraholic Fri May 09, 2008 6:56 pm

P.S. 5th Ed Rending will auto wound on the wounding roll (not the hit roll like now) and will still be a power weapon.
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Chaos + Demons equal more intense and Fluff friendly battles - Page 2 Empty Re: Chaos + Demons equal more intense and Fluff friendly battles

Post by rokassan Fri May 09, 2008 7:03 pm

No, only lesser and greater demons.. Nothing else. I think Im done with Fantasy Chaos. Im gonna try to get rid of the army. Im tired of this generic crap. Once I sell them Ill look at other armies...perhaps Vampires.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Fri May 09, 2008 7:07 pm

in that case i'm unsure because two reasons
1) they aren't MEANT for the list (unlike Daemon hunters, etc) and I'm pretty much AGAINST combining any two codexes together (EVER).
2) the point value may be skewed... i think they might be WORTH alittle but more in a CSM army where they have the ability to enter play and take to assault right off the bat....
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri May 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Rokassan wrote:No, only lesser and greater demons.. Nothing else. I think Im done with Fantasy Chaos. Im gonna try to get rid of the army. Im tired of this generic crap. Once I sell them Ill look at other armies...perhaps Vampires.
Are you talking about WHFB or 40K because your examples appear to be 40K examples, not WHFB? Remember, I agree with you...GW screwed half the fun out of your list, regardless of your reasons for playing the game (fluff, power-gamer, somewhere in between...all of those types got screwed, though the pure power-gamer a little less so than the others).

Rokassan wrote:There's always people who have to step on your dick.The demons are priced according to their value in battle.. Demons deep strike when their fielded as a separate army. Half Deepstrike automatically and the other half deepstrike as per the normal rules. If combined with CSM they come in as per the summoning rule. I have the codex. Nurgle demons are all slow and purposeful, Bloodletters no longer have power armor saves, demonettes are strength 3 instead of 4. Give me a goddamn break people. They take up troop or HQ spots like before and have their weakness's. I guess when you play Tau or Eldar you cant complain. It boils down to fluff, fun and power to the gamers...fuck GW.
I hope you don't think I was trying to "step on your dick." All I was saying is that I have no problem combining the new books with the rules as they are written in the new books for each unit...so if the new Daemon Codex (I'm ignoring Fantasy for a moment) allows the "regular" daemons to be summoned, as per the old method, then do so...if they make you deploy in the same manner as normal troops, then do that...I want the lists to be fun, colorful, and challenging -- even if I face the a Bloodthirster of doom, or a Greater Daemon of Slaanesh, or what ever -- yes, Max, even the Bloodcrushers, backed up by Khorne Beserkers and a Bloodthirster with Abbadon in the list, too.

All I was saying was that if the book has been replaced (for better or worse -- I made no judgement on that), then use the new book, allowing the same types of daemon/mortal combinations you had in the old book, but using their new rules...make better sense?

Since Max can't seem to get his VC out of the closet...maybe you guys can trade your WHFB armies, then you won't have to give up that gaming system altogether... Wink
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Fri May 09, 2008 9:29 pm

My understanding of the GW point system is that it is "calculated"in relation to the value it has in that army. So if you use a combined force it would defeat the purpose of the point cost. Not to mention unbalance the army by downplaying its weaknesses.

I have never been a fan of mixing armies or allies. My phylosophy has always been that you win and loose with one army. I guess I am a purest at heart. Does the Chaos codex suck; hell yea, but we have to deal with it until it is rewritten in 3-5 years.

I might be struck down for this, but I have to agree with Max on this. I don't think people should be allowed to mix armies.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri May 09, 2008 9:34 pm

why doesnt your answer suprise me?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri May 09, 2008 11:44 pm

Abaddon wrote:My understanding of the GW point system is that it is "calculated"in relation to the value it has in that army. So if you use a combined force it would defeat the purpose of the point cost. Not to mention unbalance the army by downplaying its weaknesses.

I have never been a fan of mixing armies or allies. My phylosophy has always been that you win and loose with one army. I guess I am a purest at heart. Does the Chaos codex suck; hell yea, but we have to deal with it until it is rewritten in 3-5 years.

I might be struck down for this, but I have to agree with Max on this. I don't think people should be allowed to mix armies.
In tournaments, even campaigns to some extent, but for the average pick-up game...come on, man...remember the most important rule...it's in the rulebook...the point of Warhammer, WH40K, BFG, and all of GW's over-priced, yet uber-addictive games, is to have fun. If fun for the greater good (to steal a phrase) means that you allow combinations that used to be legal, within the other constraints of their rulebook, then fine. Then again, it's your opinion and we are all entitled to our own opinions...

I guess the truest answer is...it depends...check with the person you're planning on playing if they care. If they say you can't combine and you really want to...find someone else...if they don't care (as I don't), then by all means throw down. Just don't need to see any more hard feelings because people disagree on rulings. If you want to beat up on either Eldar or SM/Grey Knights with your combo-daemon-mortal-army-of-death in 40K or High Elves in WHFB, bring it...just make sure you're using the latest rules for all your units.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat May 10, 2008 1:14 am

Good thing I don't have any Demons in my Chaos army, well except for a Prince of course Twisted Evil

Bill if you want to trade your chaos army for one of my fantasy armies, I'd be interested.. Send me a pm.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat May 10, 2008 11:38 am

what armies do you have?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat May 10, 2008 8:38 pm

If it was within reason I'd be game to play a game with it. However if someone was just power-gaming it then by no means would I be game for it.

For me it thats simple. I mean, in Fantasy I play Kislev afterall. Within reason and were good to go!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Sun May 11, 2008 9:08 pm

The gay part is, and the point I'm trying to make is that; if you play all your games with Bloodcrushers at the heel of Abaddon then you LEARN to play with that style and develop a certain reliance on that style of play.

When you get the big leagues you find out you can't use them with a CSM list and guess what, your winning streak goes down the toilet. Why, because you were playing with a list that SHOULD NOT have been combined, with a point value that was NOT developed for use with that army, and played with a strategy and you developed a reliance on with all that.

I love you, and respect you Bill, but you just cant cut and paste the parts you like and don't like out of dexes.... I'm sorry they suck but you've gotta learn to roll with the punches here in the GW world of gaming....
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun May 11, 2008 10:04 pm

I aint cutting and pasting anything. I want what should be. My Plague Marines want their Plague Bearers back. Not these fucking sorry ass generic Demons. Lets get one thing straight, Im not a power gamer or a "beat the system" guy. Ask anyone who knows me, but I dont like getting fucked over. I spent a shit load of money on my models and put many many hours into painting them and with the stroke of a pen my army is obsolete and now my Chaos Fantasy army is on the chopping block. Those of us who agree with me great...we'll try it out if its isnt balanced then I wont do it again. Those who dont agree Ill have my generic Chaos army ready.
By the way guys you dont need to patronize me, I am aware of what Im proposing, if you dont agree thats your business. Ive got an answer, Ill only play 3000 point Apocalypse games from now on...now I can use my Demons.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun May 11, 2008 11:52 pm

Like I've said before, in friendly play, it should really matter.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Mon May 12, 2008 4:16 pm

I just made the best Apocalypse army with my Deamonhunters!

Here is the list:
1x Inquisitor Lord
57x Orbital Bombardment (Lance Strike)
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2