The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Hype!

+16
Abaddon
Warbird
scurrdi
jerryb
ShadowMaster
Dice_Runt
Ovich
zephel
rokassan
jspyd3rx
Vycem
Kyle
Hurricane
Quincilla767
Frantic
KingdomCome
20 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Infinity Hype! - Page 3 Empty Re: Infinity Hype!

Post by Kyle Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:16 pm

rokassan wrote:Where can I get a hard copy of the rule book and army book at a fair price?

The warstore is probably the best place to get the figs and such, so many other places dropped it because they had to import from Spain or sell the stuff at a high price.

I would just recommend downloading the rulebook online from their site, also the unit and weapon stat info is updated all the time because they continually add new figs to the game and they do so by updating the online resources. The original printed rulebook was highly out of date when it came to unit info because they had put out so much extra material. There are no army books, just one expansion book. The online pdf is the full game rules, it simply has the fluff portion of the storyline taken out.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:25 pm

ok. Print me up a copy Eric. I dont have a printer.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:25 pm

And again, check out their official youtube channel for good instructional videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/CorvusBelliSLL#p/u/29/Ogtjm7UspSQ

Good thing to help clarify the reading of the rules.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:28 pm

rokassan wrote:Where can I get a hard copy of the rule book and army book at a fair price?
They have the rules online for free. If you'd like a hard copy, order it through ccgarmory.com and use media mail. It's by far the cheapest.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Hey Rok, to get to the army generator:

http://www.infinitythegame.com/

Click on "English"
Click on "Infinity Army" icon

I guess linking directly doesn't work

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:32 pm

That doesn't work either!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:52 am

Well I played a 100 point game against my brother using the QuickStart rulEs and some at 43 minis. It was pretty fun. I'm looking Over the main rules now and it certainly adds a whOle lot more. I'm definitely going to invEst in this game. I Was going to order some terrain this week but I think I'll order the haqqislam starter set instead...
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:30 am

Also for those getting into the game, don't go into it with the idea of a close combat army as they just are not really effective. Even Yu Jing who have the best overall CC, will often just use it's guns. Infinity is mainly a shooting game, being successful in CC is VERY hard due to the nature of how every fig is always aware and reactive.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:55 am

$10 that Joel freaks out when you all show up to play with rules and armies that he didn't sell you.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:10 am

ShadowMaster wrote:$10 that Joel freaks out when you all show up to play with rules and armies that he didn't sell you.
Hmmm, I'll take "Fuck 'em if he does " for 200 Alex.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:05 am

ROFL
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:47 am

He said in the past he wouldn't carry infinity. Said he didn't want to be stuck with models, stock no one wants. If a whole bunch of you guys show up and say you're still interested in getting more, he might cave in.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:17 pm

He might cave but hes still going to get stuck with a ton of models. The one problem with skirmish games like this is that people are not going to buy much, and doesn't involve constantly new product revisions and pushes like you get with the other game systems. A person might buy 10-15 figs at most and not buy anything again.

Also the figs are expensive being imported stuff, that profit margins are not all that high and can't really offer much discount on them. Bunch of online retailers dumped the game because they couldn't mark it down enough or make enough profit off it.

Would be good if Joel carried the game, but hes gonna end up regretting it most likely.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:32 pm

He got on the bandwagon late with FoW..... and sometimes I think he blames me and Bill for getting him to carry it.

As far as the rules go for Infinity:

It is 2nd edition rules? And do I still need to print the addendum or are the rules current???
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Hurricane wrote:He got on the bandwagon late with FoW..... and sometimes I think he blames me and Bill for getting him to carry it.

Really? I thought I am the one to blame, I beg him to carry it and promised I would support for two years (which I did). Last time I talk to him on this (FOW) it is was one of his biggest sellers, out performing GW Fantasy which he has more money invested in and is a bigger risk.

I will blame Hurricane for getting ME interested in FOW, you bastard!
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Lmao!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:12 pm

I thought FoW had a big enough following? What happened?
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Hurricane wrote:He got on the bandwagon late with FoW..... and sometimes I think he blames me and Bill for getting him to carry it.

As far as the rules go for Infinity:

It is 2nd edition rules? And do I still need to print the addendum or are the rules current???

Just the rules you need, the addendum simply is the document that updates the 1st edition book to 2nd.

Human Sphere rules then are the rules found in the games expansion book.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:36 pm

jspyd3rx wrote:I thought FoW had a big enough following? What happened?
It's still has a following. It's just the core of the players are older with real life responsibilities. I love my buddy Julian, but I haven't been able to get a game in with him for over a month.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:51 pm

Even with the game being active, I don't think the community for FOW is big enough to support the large amount of product Joel brought in. A limited playerbase will always have a limited buying power.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:00 pm

True enough, but plenty of people have shown interest in it. I'm not sure if any will buy into it though.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:26 am

Does anyone know if Joel can get infinity stuff? I was gonna order off the war store but they are sold out of the haqqislam starter Sad
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincilla767 Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:29 am

Have you check FRPgames?
Quincilla767
Quincilla767
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 111
Armies : Tau, Daemon hunters, Dark Elves
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:24 am

I like getting my stuff from http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/

They're in the UK, but free shipping and prices are reasonable.

Also www.ChaosOrc.com has a fair selection of stuff.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:04 pm

In an effort to get the thread back on track I'll post my reply to a PM Nate sent asking me to explain Infinity.
The basics: Infinity is a skirmish game where you chose your squad(s) based on the points agreed to be played. To keep things balanced there is a point limit allowed for models carrying special weapons of equipment and specialized troops have limited availability. Meaning you can't "spam" powerful weapons like multi sniper rifles or dreaded monofilament weapons.
The special weapon point limit is calculated per 50 points spent on the army and they don't count towards the final total for the group. Meaning 300 points allows for 6 points of special weapons NOT calculated towards the squad total.
Easy right? Right.
I'll briefly cover the true core of the game : orders. The number of orders that can be used by a group is determined by the number of models in the group. If you have 5 figs, you have 5 orders per turn. There can only be a maximum of 10 models per group. So if you have more than 10 models in the group, you'd have to split up your forces into two groups. The orders available to each group depend on how many models per group there are. Capiche?
The list of orders is long and varied, but there are always basic ones. Move, shoot, run, charge, etc... also depending on the difficulty of the task , certain orders ( short orders) can be combined to make a single order. I.E. run + shoot, shoot+ cover, etc... More difficult tasks (long orders) cannot be combined. I.E. hacking, smacking disrespectful bitches in the mouth, etc...
The game ends when you've lost 60% of your points worth of troops. Well it doesn't end, but your lieutenant ( group leader) has to start taking leadership tests. A failed leadership begins the long walk home.
This is as in depth as I'll get on the forums. Any more and we'd have to get examples done with figs. Hope this helps the cause.

KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next