The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warmachine/Hordes interest Poll

+8
Hurricane
Ovich
lordfairfax2001
Forcefed24
rokassan
ImAShakiraholic
Grombart
dork_jedi
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are you interested in Warmachine or Hordes?

Warmachine/Hordes interest Poll Vote_lcap67%Warmachine/Hordes interest Poll Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 8 ]
Warmachine/Hordes interest Poll Vote_lcap33%Warmachine/Hordes interest Poll Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 12

Warmachine/Hordes interest Poll Empty Warmachine/Hordes interest Poll

Post by dork_jedi Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:13 pm

Hey guys, I feel a little like some of you are turning away from 40k for some reason or another. I've been interested in Warmachine and Hordes for a while now (the models are amazing and the rules seem to work well), but have never bought any models. Do any of you have any interest in it?

http://www.privateerpress.com
if you wanna check it out at all.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Warmachine/Hordes interest Poll Empty Re: Warmachine/Hordes interest Poll

Post by Grombart Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:38 pm

I wouldn't mind trying it out.

Yeah, GW is just plain annoying. I've had little interest in playing 40K, I guess I'll prolly give it another shot with the new rules, but I dunno.
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:46 pm

I feel like you are gay for some reason or another....

40k ALL THE WAY!!! WOOT!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:18 am

Too many fucking games.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:07 am

Rokassan wrote:Too many fucking games.

I second that....It's hard enough PAINTING one army, much less painting, learning a new game system, etc. Rick, as it is...you guys deliberate about which day you are all free to play FOW....where would you find the time? lol
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:05 am

I'm not interested, but my son Chris had a Warmachine force...small, maybe 500 points max. Not sure if he still has it, but he enjoyed playing when he did.

I second Bill's statement...too many damn games and too many models. Gotta paint my High Elves before I start on anything else!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:37 am

I agree with Bill and Sam, there's a lot of friggin games out there, but we don't have enough time to play all of them. I've been listening to the D6 generation pod cast, and they talk about many game systems like GW 40k and fantasy, Warmachine and Hordes, FOW, AT -43, Confrontation.... the list goes on and on.

That being said, I'd still be interested in checking the game out. I hear that Privateer has fleshed out the warmachine world very well and that the game mechanics are really cool.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:33 am

I agree that there are too many games out there. But come on! You guys are just going to continue to be screwed by GW with the costs and how they keep screwing the game up, to where a 10 year old can play it? Warmachine is a blast it it really isnt all that expensive to play. I have a small cryx army.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:35 am

Hurricane wrote:I agree that there are too many games out there. But come on! You guys are just going to continue to be screwed by GW with the costs and how they keep screwing the game up, to where a 10 year old can play it? Warmachine is a blast it it really isnt all that expensive to play. I have a small cryx army.
You sir, are evil! Most of us, myself included, have invested waaaaayyyy too much money in GW stuff to just give it up...and to now tempt us with another cool gaming system, is just evil...evil, I tell you! lol!

It is a cool game, I've played about 10 total games and enjoyed each one. As I said, my son had a small force, and would most likely be interested in playing again. As for me...if I switch to another game it'll be either FoW or WAB.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:16 am

Forcefed24 wrote:
Rokassan wrote:Too many fucking games.

I second that....It's hard enough PAINTING one army, much less painting, learning a new game system, etc. Rick, as it is...you guys deliberate about which day you are all free to play FOW....where would you find the time? lol

Yeah, no shit Rick. You aint got no time to play 40k and Flames...whats the point?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Feros_Ironfeld Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:22 pm

Joel told me a while back ago that GW was considering selling prepainted models sort of like hero clicks. I have'nt been able to confirm it though.
Feros_Ironfeld
Feros_Ironfeld
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:07 pm

Feros_Ironfeld wrote:Joel told me a while back ago that GW was considering selling prepainted models sort of like hero clicks. I have'nt been able to confirm it though.

LIES!!!!You are a HERETIC!And now you must BURN!!!!Seriously though that would suck as painting is my favorite part of the hobby.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:43 pm

Chris has a Protectorate of Menoth force...the basic starter box...
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:13 pm

Bill,

Erik told me that between you and Henry, you guys have as many board games as Joel has in his store. !!

We gotta start playing some a dem shits....
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:13 am

Hurricane wrote:I agree that there are too many games out there. But come on! You guys are just going to continue to be screwed by GW with the costs and how they keep screwing the game up, to where a 10 year old can play it? Warmachine is a blast it it really isnt all that expensive to play. I have a small cryx army.

Bitch...you got me into 40k. Now after being dedicated to it for years and getting me hooked you dont want to play anymore. All of these fucking games are expensive FoW just went up in price as well. Youve gotten into that war machine and confrontation and never played...thank the good lord I was able to keep you and Javier from talking me into playing that crap. Im sticking with GW and Flames. Screw the rest.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:59 am

Sticking to one game system is fine for the simpletons out there. The average person does not have the cognitive capacity to understand more than 1 or 2 game systems.

But for those of us with above average intellects, branching out is a good thing. You can always come back to the things that you love. That's how I see GW. Since the models can always be used, you can always go back to it when you miss it. I've stepped out of 40k for a while, but now I wanna play again with 5th edition coming out.

People spend so much money on 1 or 2 armies, instead of branching out and trying new things. Look at Luis, he sees a good deal on bartertown, and he buys it, regardless of the game system.

I for one encourage the gaming community to check other systems out.

Except Lord of the Rings.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Ovich wrote:Sticking to one game system is fine for the simpletons out there. The average person does not have the cognitive capacity to understand more than 1 or 2 game systems.

But for those of us with above average intellects, branching out is a good thing. You can always come back to the things that you love. That's how I see GW. Since the models can always be used, you can always go back to it when you miss it. I've stepped out of 40k for a while, but now I wanna play again with 5th edition coming out.

People spend so much money on 1 or 2 armies, instead of branching out and trying new things. Look at Luis, he sees a good deal on bartertown, and he buys it, regardless of the game system.

I for one encourage the gaming community to check other systems out.

Except Lord of the Rings.

Who the fuck is simple. How many of you clowns have shit loads of unpainted models from all of these game systems you thought were "cool" ,played a couple of times if at all and then packed it away never to play again? Eric you wanna answer that one? I barely have time to paint or play the games I do have. What about people who dont have enormous gaming budgets and cant get into 28 different games? Are they simpletons? Ive bought many board games hoping to play them...it never happens. Stephan Ive seen your Empire army for fantasy and your Ravenwing that ARENT painted or totally assembled. Why dont you finish the armies you have before you talk shit. Ive seen Eric get a big hard on for Warmachine, he painted a couple of models, played a couple of times and I havent heard about it since. That goes for confrontation as well. So give me a fucking break guys.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:38 pm

Ooh, ooh...cat fight! I'm placin' bets on an Italian winning!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:20 pm

We're both Whops. So we'll fight to a draw. Wink
Its just a debate anyhow. I aint gonna fight a friend over it.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:53 pm

I know... I was just stirring the shit pot a little. ... Twisted Evil

All your points are valid Bill, just wanted to see whose feathers would get ruffled at being called a simpleton.

You don't get to use that word often.. so I've figure I'd give it a try.

I do have to say though that I used to think 40k was the ONLY game worth playing out there. But the more contact I've had with other games, I've realized that it's actually not as great as I used to think it was. It's certainly one of the best games out there, but there's so much more waiting to be explored. Sure we all have limited resources, so you have to be careful about which games you get involved in and which ones you don't. Thanks to Ebay you can very easily make the same money back that you paid for, and in some cases, after painting, even more money.. So I say to people.. try some new things out.

I always looked at FOW as something uninteresting, but I was wrong. People need to try stuff out once in a while and it opens up your gaming experience. It's worth it in my eyes.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:11 pm

Rokassan wrote:We're both Whops. So we'll fight to a draw. Wink
Its just a debate anyhow. I aint gonna fight a friend over it.
Aww...you're no fun! lol!

I was just messing with both of you anyway! I figured it was a safe bet for me, though!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:02 am

Relax Bill, I never said anything about you. I'm just saying that I don't care for 40k anymore. And when I introduced you to 40k, I didnt know anything about FoW or Warmachine. Had I known about FoW, I would not have bothered you with 40k. I admit I haven't played Warmachine in a while but its not because I don't like it, I have been playing other games. Like FoW, Bloodbowl, and the board game Hammer of the Scots. Confrontation was a really cool game. The system is way differenct but noone plays it so I don't bother with it anymore ( I blame that one on Javier Smile )
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:10 am

Im relaxed. I like 40k by the way,Im happy you got me into it. This 5th edition is a massive step in the right direction. You should get back into it. You have a great and well painted army. Its kinda disappointing to see you give up on it. Id like to be able to mix it up once and awhile and not just play Flames of war when we play. The new rules are really good.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:36 am

SEE.... you said it.. mixing it up a little bit is fun.

Problem is, when everyone just plays 1 game system, there's no one to play new games with.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:36 am

Well I havent sold any of my my favorite army.... so we'll see what happens
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next