The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Fantasy Tournament at Sunshine August 10th 2250Pts.

+9
scurrdi
Autarch (CM)
Diosamblet
lordfairfax2001
Dr. Love
ImAShakiraholic
Warlord Solskritt
luis the young
Ovich
13 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Warhammer Fantasy Tournament at Sunshine August 10th  2250Pts. - Page 3 Empty Re: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament at Sunshine August 10th 2250Pts.

Post by luis the young Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:46 am

lordfairfax2001 wrote:
Ovich wrote:Tomb kings will receive neither positive nor negative modifiers for Magic related army composition.
But they can have more than 3 dispell dice in any magic phase...the Liche Priests count as mages from that perspective...so might get a +1 if they only have on Liche Priests and no Liche High Priests???

priests dotn generate power dice, they just always cast on 2d6, i get 2 power dice for the army, but i cant use them to boost their incantations nor can i benefit from any positive dice rolls, nor negative ones Smile

Ovich wrote:All undead are unbreakable , so you will be unable to gain the +1 for not having any in your army. That's why I didn't make it a -1 for taking them, that would have been even more unfair to undead armies.
They should get a -1 just for taking undead and an additional for all units being unbreakable! geek

dont make me hurt you .. Suspect
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Fantasy Tournament at Sunshine August 10th  2250Pts. - Page 3 Empty Re: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament at Sunshine August 10th 2250Pts.

Post by luis the young Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:49 am

oh man, that sucks, you all leaving to DC ? who am i gonna blame my losses in tournaments now ?!?!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:50 pm

Ovich wrote:Hey Sam,
Are you moving the Family and everything up to D.C. , or are you working up there until further notice, with occasional visits back down to Miami?
Movin' the whole family. Will be gone by the end of the month. Doubt I'll have visits back to sunny Miami...position is more Global than domestic. It's been fun!

luis the young wrote:oh man, that sucks, you all leaving to DC ? who am i gonna blame my losses in tournaments now ?!?!
Stephan...he's the one who wins them all -- last time we were both in one...he won, remember!!! Cool

luis the young wrote:don't make me hurt you... Suspect
Oh please...you know that TK magic is stronger than anyone else's, except VC, maybe!!! Bring it skellie-boy...or is it rat-boy this time???
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:21 pm

Thanks for the props Sam, but my record is no where near yours. You're like the J-z of Fantasy down here... leaving the Biz while you're still on top...

Smart.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:22 pm

Just gotta remember to sacrifice three small chickens again before this tournament!!!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:49 pm

So far im 80% sure that im in ! more updates later as i work my magic and spend some money!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:38 pm

My good friend Rob would love to play as well, I'll be PMing you his list as soon as he forwards it my way if you need it immediately.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:03 pm

With Rob and Luis both coming.. there is a strong possibility we will have 9 people.

Does anyone have a good strategy in dealing with an Odd number of people.

I would hate to force someone to take a bye every round.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:12 pm

Ovich wrote:Does anyone have a good strategy in dealing with an Odd number of people.

I would hate to force someone to take a bye every round.
The only way to do it, that I have seen, other than forcing a bye, is to have a "house" army that either you play, or someone who is there, but not in the tournament plays. It should be a competitive list, but nothing too over the top, a.k.a, 17 power dice needing 3's or 4's to cast spells comes to mind!!! Laughing . At any rate, other than a "house" army, or strong-arming another person to show up, or convincing one of the "odd" players to not participate, the bye is the only viable option.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:54 pm

Sorry for not responding sooner!

Sam, I'm sorry to hear that your leaving! I was actually in town for about a week at the end of July but all my fantasy stuff is up in Nashville/Atlanta (High Elves in Atlanta, Kislev in Nashville) plus I was only here for 1 sunday which was the 40k megabattle day. I hung out with Chris so I'm surprised he didn't mention that I was around. Very Happy

Either way I'm hoping to come down and visit sometime in the fall if not then definetly winter break. I might even have some more stuff painted by then and maybe I'll bring out the High Elves for old times sake!

Have fun with the tournament everyone! Sorry I can't make it!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:14 am

Ok,
That sounds like a decent Idea Sam.

I'll bring a very underwhelming list and then we'll draw straws at the beginning of the tourney. The person that gets picked has the choice of either playing me, or taking the bye.

What do you guys think?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Love Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:23 am

I pick Straws
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:08 am

Ovich wrote:I'll bring a very underwhelming list and then we'll draw straws at the beginning of the tourney. The person that gets picked has the choice of either playing me, or taking the bye.

What do you guys think?
Don't make it underwhelming...make it balanced and competitive, but not "over the top, I want to crush all my opponents at this tournament." And, don't bring VC, please for the love of all that's good in the world...no more VC!!! clown
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:11 am

scurrdi wrote:Sam, I'm sorry to hear that your leaving! I was actually in town for about a week at the end of July but all my fantasy stuff is up in Nashville/Atlanta (High Elves in Atlanta, Kislev in Nashville) plus I was only here for 1 sunday which was the 40k megabattle day. I hung out with Chris so I'm surprised he didn't mention that I was around. Very Happy
He didn't mention it, but he's a teenager, so doesn't communicate much anyway! Razz Sorry I'll miss getting in a game with your High Elves...if you're ever in DC...PM me and maybe we can finally throw down!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:03 pm

Damnit, the O&G list I've been playing lately with the giant and wyvern stands at +0 comp... (taking the giant means a stubborn unit and the second large target...)

I could easily build a HoC army with +6 comp, but I don't have the character models and I can't be bothered to build a list I doubt I'll ever play again.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:11 pm

I'm at -1 with my army though If I had spent just 1 more point on characters I'd be at -2 Laughing
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:16 pm

Heh, I'm at 39.95% in characters
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:36 pm

Hehe one of my Kislev lists is +6, does that count? Very Happy

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:38 pm

show off *grumble*
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:44 pm

Hehe, it's not my fault my list doesn't even HAVE any Lord or Rare choices! (I mean aside from named characters)

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:17 pm

Chris has to work that morning and will try to get there by 2:30, so will need the bye in the first round if we have an odd number show up. If we have an even number, he won't participate and just kibitz.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Diosamblet wrote:Damnit, the O&G list I've been playing lately with the giant and wyvern stands at +0 comp... (taking the giant means a stubborn unit and the second large target...)
There's an easy fix to that problem...don't take the Wyvern or the Giant! You know you have enough models to put down a nasty list without them! Twisted Evil

Diosamblet wrote:I could easily build a HoC army with +6 comp, but I don't have the character models and I can't be bothered to build a list I doubt I'll ever play again.
HoC using everyone's new favorite PDF, or the old army book?

Which Chaos list will we be using for this one, by the way, or was that question already answered and I've forgotten in my aged-induced stupor?
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:26 am

Well,
I created an empire army with +3 comp.... so it is very balanced.... just in case I need to play.

Sam,

If Chris is the odd man out and can't come till the second round, it may be much easier to have him just help me judge. I'll toss him a few bucks at the end.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:50 am

Ovich wrote:Well,
I created an empire army with +3 comp.... so it is very balanced.... just in case I need to play.
How many handgunners and war machines??? At least you'd only have 1 steam tank, right???

Ovich wrote:Sam,

If Chris is the odd man out and can't come till the second round, it may be much easier to have him just help me judge. I'll toss him a few bucks at the end.
That sounds like a good idea. He knows the rules well enough to help.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:54 am

Yeah I'm not taking the Giant, putting me at +2.

Hey Stephan, I asked Nate if he'd play but he works until 3 and can't drive. If I pick him up, is there a way to have both Nate and Chris play the 2nd and 3rd round?
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next