The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you build against certain enemies

+2
luis the young
ImAShakiraholic
6 posters

Go down

Do you build against certain enemies

Do you build against certain enemies Vote_lcap0%Do you build against certain enemies Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do you build against certain enemies Vote_lcap25%Do you build against certain enemies Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]
Do you build against certain enemies Vote_lcap50%Do you build against certain enemies Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 6 ]
Do you build against certain enemies Vote_lcap25%Do you build against certain enemies Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 12

Do you build against certain enemies Empty Do you build against certain enemies

Post by ImAShakiraholic Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Do you build lists against certain enemies or do you have an all-comers list?

do you think it's cheese to build against certain enemies?

i know that you're never guaranteed to match up against that one player in the way we play together, but still valid questions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I always play with the same lists every time, I may change out a unit or two but thats just to try them out, but basically the same list nothing to overpower a certain type of army or whatever.

I think you just haven't unlocked the strength of your codex. Try our different lists or perhaps something just crazy, your basic squads should do everything for you, or perhaps you need to protect your valuable units.

I would suggest reading some of the other stickies I have put up to help gamers unlock the strength of their armies and play games more competitively.
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Do you build against certain enemies Empty Re: Do you build against certain enemies

Post by luis the young Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:38 pm

my list is made to take on anyone, hit hard and fast.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Do you build against certain enemies Empty Re: Do you build against certain enemies

Post by rokassan Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:50 pm

Ill change out a unit or two. I always have my two squads of Plague Marines,my greater demon(Bullwhinkle) and Plague Bearers. Ill then add what I need to deal with a certain army type such as adding stinky or Brother Syphilis. Of course this was with the old Chaos codex. Ive never played with the new codex and I dont like the generic Demons, I guess Id use a Vindicator. They need to hurry up with the Deathguard codex.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:36 am

In general however, since I don't know who I'm going to be playing most of the time.. I come with an all-comers list The only time I've ever make a list to beat someone is when I have a friend who I know I'll be playing and have yet to beat with a specific type of army I'll make a list to beat theirs just to see if it can be done. If it works, I rub it in their face. After that, I don't use the list, but go back to my old one to see if I can make it work.

When I used to play Matt's Slanneshi cavalry army, I think he beat my wood elf army once. Next time I played him I came back with a WE army geared towards beating his army and won. After that, I switched armies.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:10 pm

Stephan you bastard, its hard beating your pansy elves as it is!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:33 pm

With the old High Elves, I did a little customization, though with all the 0-1 choices it was hard. With the new list, my units are so nasty that my list is pretty much an all comers. The only thing I might change is the number of mages in the list (I usually use 1 level 2, but might occassionally add a second level 2 if facing a Lizzie army, or TK army).
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down