The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russell Brand calls George Bush a 'retard' at MTV awards

+13
Dr. Love
The Eldar Guy
FFYUHR
DarkAngel_Cesar
jerryb
luis the young
Grombart
Valhalla114
Forcefed24
Plague30
Ovich
ShadowMaster
rokassan
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Russell Brand calls George Bush a 'retard' at MTV awards - Page 2 Empty Re: Russell Brand calls George Bush a 'retard' at MTV awards

Post by Forcefed24 Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:44 pm

rokassan wrote:Im leaning towards Obama. Palin really ruined McCain for me.

Palin runied it? Not the fact that McInsane stated that the middle class earns around 5 million dollars a year, or the fact that he voted with Dubya 95% of the time during his reign? I would have thought you wouldn't touch a republican again with what Bush has done Bill.

Obama is a racist Phil and every militant eggplant is the U.S. is waiting to be appointed to a position of power. How can you not see that. His wifes thesis is under lock and key because of Nurgle only knows what...Im gonna go with racial issues. If you attend a Church for 20+ years and the Pastor is a militant anti-white bigot and you continue to be a member what does that say about you? Obama is weak on foreign affairs, the Russians are gonn walk all over him and continue to rebuild their empire. By no means is he a good candidate. McCain is moderate and has gone against the Republicans numerous times and he's not a bible thumper ,but he's senile. Palin is a right wing bible thumping hypocrite Christian cunt and she by herself is enough to make me vote for Obama. Make no mistake Obama isnt all that...he's a racist. By his association with certain people its obvious. At this point he's the lesser of two evils...McCain you fucked up making the Bible thumping cunt your Vice president.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Russell Brand calls George Bush a 'retard' at MTV awards - Page 2 Empty Re: Russell Brand calls George Bush a 'retard' at MTV awards

Post by Forcefed24 Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:48 pm

DarkAngel_Cesar wrote:were going down the shitter with either a nazi or a nigger either way were fucked IMO

Niiiiice......guess we should just give up then.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:50 pm

Grombart wrote:BTW I just read an article, I can't find it now, saying that a lot of Palin's so-called accomplishments are really misrepresentations of the truth. Example, that bridge to no where she says she killed, well she supported it until it became so unpopular she, dare I say it, flip-flopped. Example 2. Looks like many of the illegal things that Trooper she was trying to fire, were made up by her and her family to have him kicked out of the force. At the very least it seems the Palin family are the only witnesses to these transgressions.

Palin is supposedly a separatist....She wanted Alaska to become independant of the united states.....it's there if you look for it...Palin also wants to attract women to the republican party....by taking their right to choose away.....

How about voting for the party that hasn't ruined the last 8 years...anythings gotta be btter than what we got.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:45 pm

I have lots of friends and family that feel very strongly about both candidates from different sides of the fence. It's always very interesting to see people from sometimes even the same cultural and racial background looking at the candidates from completely different viewpoints.

I'm still undecided and I am looking forward to the debates. On most social issues my views fall in line with most of the democratic points, but I have serious concerns about Obama's foreign policy.

There is one thing people need to stop and think about though. Despite the fact that Obama may not be the best candidate, one does need to think about the overall effect that choosing a black president will have on this country from a historical, political, and sociocultural perspective.

It says alot about our country and how far we've come as a society when a black man has become president, when only 50 years ago, blacks were rioting in the streets for their civil rights. Other countries may actually have to stop and take heed of the fact that we are not just a bunch of hippocrits, who yell and scream about human rights yet continue to repress our own minority populations.

History will take notice of what will eventually become a very significant event in the U.S. timeline. Not only that, but African Americans will have a much higher profile role model than just athletes and rappers to look at and say, "you see, it is possible, we can make something of ourselves in this country. "

I'm not saying these are the reasons alone for voting for Obama, but people should stop and think about these type of things. There may possibly be a bad side to the fact that he may be a racist, but there may be a very good side to the overall effect of choosing an African American as president.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:58 pm

Yea,soon we'll be having cubans,asians,muslims and other people become president Shocked
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:02 pm

obama is not black he is Muslim...
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:13 am

ImAShakiraholic wrote:obama is not black he is Muslim...

How about no.......he is 1/2 black, 1/2 white and has never been muslim. His Father was.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:16 am

Warlord Solskritt wrote:Yea,soon we'll be having cubans,asians,muslims and other people become president Shocked

JC, isn't that what America is about? Nobody thought JFK would become president as an Irish Catholic, but he did. I don't care if you have zebra stripes, as long as you do your Job.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:53 am

Damn right Phill ! i really dont care whos in command as long as they get the Job done and get this country out of the whole it has gotten itself into.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:12 pm

You know I brought the racist issue up with Erik and my question is :

If you honestly think Obama is a racist towards whites, how do you think this will affect you as a White/Hispanic citizen in the long run. I think his personal views towards whites will become irrelevant because he has to work within a framework. It's not like he can impose sanctions against whites, or make it harder for whites to succeed in this country, or provide relief to poor black people but not whites. That's ridiculous. Will he be against big business, which happens to be mostly Rich White men? , Yes, but so would any staunch liberal. I just think that his personal view towards white people is not going to have any effect on his most imporant decisions as president.

I'm much more concerned about his views on hostile Arab/Muslim countries.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:36 pm

Racist/Evil/Hyper Non-PC Rant:

I think this whole thing stinks. I wish we had God-loathing commies to rally against and a strong candidate. What we dont need is some people asking why we dont care about black people who dont care enough about themselves. Drive by a black neighborhood and everyone is outside sitting on their porches talking or should I say sitting on their laurels. Meanwhile, beaners are jumping over fences to work illegally in construction, restaurants, maintenance, etc at below minimum wage, with no insurance, with the constant threat of immigration pulling them out of the country in the middle of the night. Some people dont even work at all, they just suck off the government's teet, making ignorant middle class, which I pertain to, pay their tabs. Wtf? How is this system of "Hey you lost your job? Fine, have unemployment for 6 months." ????WTF???? If I lost my job as a professional I would atleast have the decency to apply at a MacDonalds and flip some fucking burgers until my market had an opening. Or even better, the government gives crackies and drug hounds money to feed their addictions. ????WTF???? All the while we are building a retarded fence on the border with mexico to keep beeners out. Let them come on in and take all our menial jobs, we're not doing them and they already are! A fence will only make Mexicans expert Olympic pole vaulters. We have so many unresolved issues to go get involved in worrying about whether el negro or el viejo will do a good job. They're not going to fix shit because Bush didnt fix shit and neither did Clinton, or Bush Sr., or Reagan, or Carter or Nixon, Kennedy or anyone. The last great reform we had was the civil rights movement, and where did that get us? Wow, now I can sit anywhere on my bus. FUCk this shit.

Im voting for someone who atleast was born during the age of great presidents. Obama es un guanajo comemierdas cara de pendejo. MaCain, es un hijo puta miserable mentiroso. Cual de los dos es mejor? Me caga en la madre si alguien me hace entender.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:40 pm

removed.

Last edited by Valhalla114 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:43 pm

By the way on the subject of the thread, Bush is a retard and the nation as a whole is retarded for voting for him.

And JC just because youre not old enough to Vote and you think youre free of sin, that your hands are clean, dont worry there will be plenty of chances to bloody your hands with bad electoral decisions.

There is no Mr. Smith goes to Washington, politics are hounds. There are no God-fearing, Christian, do good-ers in Washington. And were fucked no matter how this election turns out. And its all because we fear the possibility of change in a truly radical direction where people get the truth and bitches dont get spoiled. Bitches get slapped. Period.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:48 pm

Valhalla114 wrote:Racist/Evil/Hyper Non-PC Rant:

I think this whole thing stinks. I wish we had God-loathing commies to rally against and a strong candidate. What we dont need is some people asking why we dont care about black people who dont care enough about themselves. Drive by a black neighborhood and everyone is outside sitting on their porches talking or should I say sitting on their laurels. Meanwhile, beaners are jumping over fences to work illegally in construction, restaurants, maintenance, etc at below minimum wage, with no insurance, with the constant threat of immigration pulling them out of the country in the middle of the night. Some people dont even work at all, they just suck off the government's teet, making ignorant middle class, which I pertain to, pay their tabs. Wtf? How is this system of "Hey you lost your job? Fine, have unemployment for 6 months." ????WTF???? If I lost my job as a professional I would atleast have the decency to apply at a MacDonalds and flip some fucking burgers until my market had an opening. Or even better, the government gives crackies and drug hounds money to feed their addictions. ????WTF???? All the while we are building a retarded fence on the border with mexico to keep beeners out. Let them come on in and take all our menial jobs, we're not doing them and they already are! A fence will only make Mexicans expert Olympic pole vaulters. We have so many unresolved issues to go get involved in worrying about whether el negro or el viejo will do a good job. They're not going to fix shit because Bush didnt fix shit and neither did Clinton, or Bush Sr., or Reagan, or Carter or Nixon, Kennedy or anyone. The last great reform we had was the civil rights movement, and where did that get us? Wow, now I can sit anywhere on my bus. FUCk this shit.

Im voting for someone who atleast was born during the age of great presidents. Obama es un guanajo comemierdas cara de pendejo. MaCain, es un hijo puta miserable mentiroso. Cual de los dos es mejor? Me caga en la madre si alguien me hace entender.

LMFAO!!!!!!! I LOVE ALFRED!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:39 pm

I guess sitting on your ass and complaining that a candidate YOU want to vote for doesn't exist somehow changes things......eh Alfred? Isn't it sort of contradictory to say that radical change is necessary, yet you choose not to vote at all. As I am sure you well know, armed uprising isn't going to happen Alfred. I do agree to a certain extent that most things don't change, but there have been events in history before and after the civil rights movement that have been carried out with great leadership and courage. This includes the ushering in of the US space program which greatly advanced our scientific boundaries. The standing up to the russians during the Cuban Missle Crisis.....we woulda probably been vaporised had it not been for Kennedy's middle finger toward the Soviets.

But I digress......it is only through apathy, bitter or otherwise, that we languish. The fact of the matter is that not enough people give a damn.

I can't beleive that I am assuming the role of the optimist.....I think the end of days are upon us.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:22 pm

I didnt say I chose not to vote at all. Look for it. I am voting. I just don't care to say which because I think neither will stand up to everything they claim to be. Words like change and hope are tools to enthrall the masses. Like waving food at starving children they get us to vote for them. I think the whole thing sums up to the fact that the candidates want to be in history books. No real change or magnificent thrusts in new directions have really occurred. Not even a succession of minor pushes in a correct direction. Neither candidate has me drooling in admiration. Both actually have me quite disappointed.

Im voting for someone who atleast was born during the age of great presidents.

What did the US Space Program achieve and where is it now? Lingering memorial to past successes. Where is the space station envisioned 10 years ago? Where is the great mission to Mars that people are willing to embark upon? We don't care about the cosmos, we are an ego-centric people who fight over scraps of land, religious ideologies and political parties.

We didn't stand up the Soviets, we removed some antiquated missiles in Turkey and just so happened they were going to be removed. That was our treatise with the Soviets? A happenstance, a chance occurrence? That worked once but it won't work twice. That situation doesn't matter either because past a certain point both sides had long range ballistic missiles and submarines able to deploy missiles from any point within arm's reach of major cities and population centers. A war of fear? Yes, it produced stealth fighters/bombers, supersonic planes, deep sea submarines, uranium weaponry, nuclear proliferation, etc etc etc. Did it feed the starving? No, it created an atmosphere of fear and separatism. Nikita Khrushchev was ostracized by his own people and called a weakling for NOT bringing TOTAL ANNIHILATION. What sort of world do we live in? We don't even know what the ocean floor looks like? We throw away enough food in the US to feed all the hungry in the world. Amazing right? Yet the problem still exists.

Today is September the eleventh, 2008, and we feel about as patriotic as we did on as September the tenth, 2001. Great nation of hypocrites we are. I love this country, but I want everyone else who lives here to love it too. To truly want to bring about something drastic. You can smell hypocrisy when you turn on the news. Those are my 2 cents. Maybe 3.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:24 pm

WOOT! I'll be able to vote in 3 years!!! WOOT!!! Seriously though,I can't wait.I believe it is the duty of citizens to vote.It's our government after all.

@Alfred: You're really sounding like some revolutionary madman now lol.

@Phil:Bah! The end days aren't coming yet.People have been saying the end times are near for centuries.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:51 am

Geez Alfred.. I thought I was cynical.

Your thoughts emphasize my point. Since choosing a president won't really matter in terms of the individual person changing the system, choosing Obama would signify a step in a different direction then where we've been before. He represents change, not because of his so called "new " or "fresh " ideas, but simply because he's not a white man.

If we truly want to become an integrated society and move towards the original ideal of every citizen having certain inalienable rights, including the pursuit of happiness, then choosing Obama would represent a shift in the paradigm, an declaration that equality and success is truly possible for anyone in this country who has the drive and motivation to obtain it.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:14 am

Valhalla114 wrote:I didnt say I chose not to vote at all. Look for it. I am voting. I just don't care to say which because I think neither will stand up to everything they claim to be. Words like change and hope are tools to enthrall the masses. Like waving food at starving children they get us to vote for them. I think the whole thing sums up to the fact that the candidates want to be in history books. No real change or magnificent thrusts in new directions have really occurred. Not even a succession of minor pushes in a correct direction. Neither candidate has me drooling in admiration. Both actually have me quite disappointed.

Im voting for someone who atleast was born during the age of great presidents.

What did the US Space Program achieve and where is it now? Lingering memorial to past successes. Where is the space station envisioned 10 years ago? Where is the great mission to Mars that people are willing to embark upon? We don't care about the cosmos, we are an ego-centric people who fight over scraps of land, religious ideologies and political parties.

We didn't stand up the Soviets, we removed some antiquated missiles in Turkey and just so happened they were going to be removed. That was our treatise with the Soviets? A happenstance, a chance occurrence? That worked once but it won't work twice. That situation doesn't matter either because past a certain point both sides had long range ballistic missiles and submarines able to deploy missiles from any point within arm's reach of major cities and population centers. A war of fear? Yes, it produced stealth fighters/bombers, supersonic planes, deep sea submarines, uranium weaponry, nuclear proliferation, etc etc etc. Did it feed the starving? No, it created an atmosphere of fear and separatism. Nikita Khrushchev was ostracized by his own people and called a weakling for NOT bringing TOTAL ANNIHILATION. What sort of world do we live in? We don't even know what the ocean floor looks like? We throw away enough food in the US to feed all the hungry in the world. Amazing right? Yet the problem still exists.

Today is September the eleventh, 2008, and we feel about as patriotic as we did on as September the tenth, 2001. Great nation of hypocrites we are. I love this country, but I want everyone else who lives here to love it too. To truly want to bring about something drastic. You can smell hypocrisy when you turn on the news. Those are my 2 cents. Maybe 3.

Alfred all your points are duly noted.....but the question still remains, if you are bereft of hope, why bother? I pretty much agree with your standpoint regarding the terrible waste we exact every year, whether it be on bullets, bombs, or senators Blow jobs in minneapolis airport men's rooms.

What I seem to be getting is essentially......Everything sucks, nothing will change, humans are naturally selfish, etc........BUT I AM VOTING.

In the immortal words of Mahatma Ghandi..........WTF?????.

Oh, as a passing curiosity...why are you not mentioning which candidate is getting your vote...since in the grand scheme of things....it wont matter.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Love Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:37 am

Alfred, The Space program has been an incredibly valuable and technological boost for us. Here's a list of Technologies that have been spawned off NASA. This link will show you a ''small'' list of Technologies that were spawned from NASA.

http://www.thespaceplace.com/nasa/spinoffs.html

And quite literally, under the Consumer/Home Recreation, one of the technologies spawned feeds starving babies. And some of these you know, helps the sick, and the Underprivileged.
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:36 am

Woah, I'm not reading all this! Rolling Eyes
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:47 am

Barack Obama's Racist Church

Imagine if Mitt Romney’s church proclaimed on its website that it is “unashamedly white.”

The media would pounce, and Romney’s presidential candidacy would be over. Yet that is exactly what Barack Obama’s church says on its web site — except in reverse.

“We are a congregation which is unashamedly black and unapologetically Christian,” says the Trinity United Church of Christ’s website in Chicago. “We are an African people and remain true to our native land, the mother continent, the cradle of civilization.”

That’s just the beginning. The church has a “non-negotiable commitment to Africa,” according to its website, and its pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. subscribes to what is called the Black Value System.

While the Black Value System includes such items as commitment to God, education, and self-discipline, it refers to “our racist competitive society” and includes the disavowal of the pursuit of “middle-classness” and a pledge of allegiance to “all black leadership who espouse and embrace the Black Value System.” It defines “middle-classness” as a way for American society to “snare” blacks rather than “killing them off directly” or “placing them in concentration camps,” just as the country structures “an economic environment that induces captive youth to fill the jails and prisons.”

In sermons and interviews, Dr. Wright has equated Zionism with racism and Israel with South Africa under its previous policy of apartheid. On the Sunday after 9/11, Wright said the attacks were a consequence of violent American policies. Four years later, Wright suggested that the attacks were retribution for America’s racism.

“In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01,” Wright wrote in a church-affiliated magazine. “White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just ‘disappeared’ as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns.”

In one of his sermons, Wright said, “Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!...We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.”

As for Israel, “The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for over 40 years now,” Wright has said. “Divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community and wake up Americans concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism.”

Obama says he found religion and Jesus Christ through Wright, whom he met in the mid-1980s. He has been attending Wright’s church regularly since 1988.

The church occupies a tan building on West 95th Street near a public housing project and railroad tracks. Since becoming pastor in 1972, Wright has seen the church’s membership grow to more than 8,500. The church is the largest congregation in the United Church of Christ, a predominantly white denomination known for its liberal politics.

In 1991, Obama joined the church and walked down the aisle in a formal commitment of faith. Wright later married Obama and Michelle Robinson and baptized their two daughters.

The title of Obama’s bestseller “The Audacity of Hope” comes from one of Wright’s sermons. Wright is one of the first people Obama thanked after his election to the Senate in 2004.

But Obama’s life does not exactly support Wright’s thesis that blacks in America are oppressed. A Harvard Law School graduate, Obama married a black Princeton graduate who also has a degree from Harvard Law School. Obama is a U.S. senator from Illinois; his wife is a vice president of the University of Chicago Hospitals. With his wife, Obama has been making more than $1 million a year.

On a few points, Obama has sought to distance himself from Wright’s teachings or explain them away. While Wright is his pastor and friend, Obama has said, they do not see eye to eye on everything. In particular, Obama has said he “strongly disagrees with any portrayal of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that advocates divestment from Israel or expresses anything less than strong support for Israel’s security.”

As for Wright’s repeated comments blaming America for the 9/11 attacks, Obama has said it sounds as if the minister was trying to be “provocative.”

Just before Obama’s nationally televised campaign kickoff rally last Feb. 10, the candidate disinvited Wright from giving the public invocation. Wright explained: “When [Obama’s] enemies find out that in 1984 I went to Tripoli” to visit Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, “a lot of his Jewish support will dry up quicker than a snowball in hell.”

According to Wright, Obama then told him, “'You can get kind of rough in the sermons, so what we’ve decided is that it’s best for you not to be out there in public.'” But privately, Obama and his family prayed with Wright just before the presidential announcement.

To his credit, Obama so far has avoided race-specific appeals as part of his candidacy, accounting in part for his widespread appeal.

Obama “has taught the black community you don’t have to act like Jesse Jackson, you don’t have to act like Al Sharpton,” conservative commentator Bill Bennett said on CNN on Jan. 3. “You can talk about the issues. [Obama has] great dignity.”

But if Obama rejects Wright’s warped view of this country, why does he continue to attend his church, raising the question of whether Obama secretly agrees with his friend and mentor? At the least, Obama’s membership in Wright’s church suggests a lack of judgment and an insensitivity to views that are repugnant to the vast majority of white Americans who are not bigots.

That same lack of judgment has shown up in Obama’s gaffes—threatening to invade Pakistan and offering prompt negotiations with anti-American despots. More frightening, Obama voted last August to give Osama bin Laden and other terrorists the same rights as Americans when it comes to intercepting their overseas calls in order to pick up clues needed to stop another attack.

Jen Psaki, a spokesman for Obama’s campaign, has tried to paper over the candidate’s support of the Black Value System by saying that Obama “believes its basic tenets of commitment to God, to community, to self-discipline and self-reliance continue to have applicability not only to the African-American community but to all people.”

But that is not what the Black Value System says. One can only imagine the outrage that would erupt if a white presidential candidate like Romney subscribed to something called the White Value System. Yet while Obama has been referred to in the media tens of thousands of times in the past month, only one story in the Concord Monitor in New Hampshire offhandedly mentioned Obama’s church’s “unashamedly black” slogan.

In contrast, in an exquisite example of the double standard they apply to Democrats versus Republicans, the media love to focus on Romney’s religion, which is not relevant to how he would perform as president. Close to half the media references to Romney refer to the fact that he is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Very few of them mention that he is both a Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School graduate, credentials that are relevant to how he would perform as president.

When Romney’s father ran for president, his religion was not an issue simply because the media rightly recognized that it was not pertinent to his candidacy. Today, as part of their coverage of Romney, the media run denigrating quotes about Mormonism that they would never dare to run about any other religion. At the same time, the media have largely ignored or downplayed the clearly racist slogan of Obama’s church and the anti-American and anti-Israel stances of its pastor.

In two exceptions to the media blackout, Tucker Carlson of MSNBC described Trinity as having a “racially exclusive theology” that “contradicts the basic tenets of Christianity.” Sean Hannity of Fox News confronted Wright on TV and asked how a black value system is any more acceptable than a white value system.

If a white presidential candidate’s church had a similar statement and “you substitute the word black for white, there would be an outrage in this country,” Hannity said. “There would be cries of racism in this country.'”

“If your spiritual advisor makes outrageous statements, it’s incumbent on you as a leader to denounce those statements,” says Brad Blakeman, a former Bush White House aide who heads the conservative Freedom’s Watch. “Silence is an admission that you agree with what your spiritual advisor pronounces.”

If his church membership calls into question Obama’s judgment, the dichotomy in the coverage of his and Romney’s religious affiliations spotlights the media’s double standard and how its skewed reporting influences who will become president.

But media bias or not, if Obama is his party’s nominee, his Republican opponent will rightly be able to make use of Rev. Wright and his radical teachings as effectively as supporters of George H.W. Bush used Willie Horton’s furlough to help Bush win the presidency.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:52 am

Photobucket
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:00 am

As I've said before, Obama's foreign policy is the area that I have trouble with the most.

This statement.
In particular, Obama has said he “strongly disagrees with any portrayal of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict that advocates divestment from Israel or expresses anything less than strong support for Israel’s security.”
while encouraging to me, does not go into depth about how he plans to deal with the ongoing challenges for our country in the middle east.

I sincerely hope that the foreign policy issues are explored in depth in the debates.

The fact that he's part of a racist church? It doesn't bother me, cause like I said before, 1. It still does not prove the he himself is a racist and
2. even if he is, how will that truly affect the average white american citizen in the long run?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:19 am

Are you kidding me. Being the member of a racist church or organization doesnt convey your attitude or beliefs? What kind of stupid left wing remark is that. So if Im a member of the KKK it doesnt mean I hate blacks. Or if I was a Nazi for 20 years I dont hate Jews.
How will it effect us...he'll appoint militant eggplants to important positions and pass more legislation to give more free shit to blacks and do nothing to help the Average white American citizen. As a Cop I see himl trying to appoint civil review panels(run by racist blacks and ignorant citizens) to Monday morning quarterback law enforcement.
His foreign policy is weak.

Last edited by rokassan on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next