The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Tournament at Sunshine 2250 PTS. January 25th

+13
Warlord Solskritt
the wanderer
dork_jedi
The Eldar Guy
Autarch (CM)
luis the young
ShadowMaster
rokassan
scurrdi
Diosamblet
Dr. Love
Michaelharmon
Ovich
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fantasy Tournament at Sunshine 2250 PTS.   January 25th - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Tournament at Sunshine 2250 PTS. January 25th

Post by luis the young Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:33 am

Hey Stefan, wassup with the special rules and whatnot for this ???
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Tournament at Sunshine 2250 PTS.   January 25th - Page 2 Empty Re: Fantasy Tournament at Sunshine 2250 PTS. January 25th

Post by Diosamblet Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:17 pm

If the $5 buy-in goes to the painting comp., I'm for it. Working on this one model that's been a pain in the ass... stupid pinned crap didn't hold...
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:21 pm

Diosamblet wrote:If the $5 buy-in goes to the painting comp., I'm for it. Working on this one model that's been a pain in the ass... stupid pinned crap didn't hold...

Use the Luis patented Toilet Paper techniche !!! IT WORKS !!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Sorry guys, , my new job has me literally working like 10 hours a day. Instead of hitting the new at 10:30 like I normally would do, I've just been hitting the hay.

I'll work on giving you guys a comp list by the end of the weekend.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:18 pm

I told Nate about the competition and I believe he's in. I will double-check tonight or tomorrow for ya.

Sorry I haven't been online sooner, my internet has been out and student teaching has been kicking my ass.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by the wanderer Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Is there room for another? I may be able to show.
the wanderer
the wanderer
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 70
Armies : Bretonnian, Chaos Dwarf, Empire, Vampire Counts
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:36 am

of course Dale .... but on one condition.....

No more rolling 1 die at a time .... I'm banning single die rolling for the tournament, except on deployment and who goes first rolls.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by the wanderer Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:06 pm

Sooo, all your tournaments will have this rule? I guess it must really bug ya!!!
the wanderer
the wanderer
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 70
Armies : Bretonnian, Chaos Dwarf, Empire, Vampire Counts
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:46 pm

In a tournament with timed matches, it becomes a big deal.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:34 pm

Ok folks,

Here's the Army Comp scoring for next weeks tournament.

No magic items worth more than 25 points ...............+3 points
No Lord Choices ........................................................+2 pts
50% of your points come from Core(ex high elves)...+2 points
No Stubborn, Unbreakable, ITP, or Frenzied units ....+2 points
Characters combined = less than 500 pts..................+1 point
No artillery or warmachines .......................................+1 point
No rare choices ..........................................................+1 point
No Flyers ....................................................................+1 point
3 or less power dice ................................................. +1 point

Characters combined = more than 800 pts ................. -1 point
Only 3 core choices ....................................................- 1 point
More than 200 pts in magic items ............................... -1 point
Special Choices = more than 800 pts.......................... -1 point
Rare choices = more than 500 pts .............................. -1 point
More than 1 flying unit (including monster mounts)............ -1 point
Character on monster mount ................................. ...... -1 point
Lord worth over 450 pts .............................................. -2 points
Magi item worth over 99 pts ......................................... -2 points
More than 1 Large Target ............................................ -2 points
10 or more power dice .................................................. -2 points

Lets get a final roll call please
and everyone get their lists into me by next saturday please.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:26 pm

I'll be there, just to assure.

I've got -8, who can beat that! Guess I should change my list around...
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:01 pm

I'll be there ! gotta see how i can make a list with those restrictions ..... damn jew hammer ... Evil or Very Mad
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:02 pm

Ive got one.
Field you weakest lord with no magic items and All of your weakest Troop type.....+22.764534 points.
If you field an Army.................-271/2 points.
Why play. Youve made it taboo to field 80% of anybody's units.
Why dont you just come up with good scenario's like you did when I played 100 years ago and Rudy and I were still friends(That was a long time ago). You penalizing people for fielding a viable army. What is that shit.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:28 pm

Bill , I'm sorry , are you coming to the tournament?

No?

Then shut your pie hole.. You've played the game like once, and you're sitting here critiquing me on army composition. Your numbers in your post don't make sense.

It doesn't matter if people's lists are penalized for fielding a viable army as long as everybody's list is penalized. Most people's lists will come out close to 0, if they play with a balanced army. That's the way army comp should be. If someone brings a weak list, they get bonus for army comp, if someone brings a super cheezed list, they get hit hard.

That's the way it should be.

Last edited by Ovich on Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:31 pm

Really I just want to get more fantasy gaming in. So I'll start by saying thanks for running the tournament!

My personal problem is I only have a finite amount of fantasy stuff, so there's only so much I can work with- but I'll try to make it work. Then again everyone is getting penalized, so it'll probably even out depanding on the type of armies there.

edit: Ninja'd!
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:33 pm

I won't be able to come to this one.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:36 pm

Chris I understand your limitations in terms of what you can field. But you still have choices in terms of how you take your characters, what you equip them with, how many powerdice you have , etc. These are list changes that you have to decide may or may not help you in the long run.

If saving 5 points on army comp is going to make your army significantly weaker, then you have to decide whether it's worth it. But knowing the fact that if you take a cheezed out list with a Dragon Riding Lord and 2 War Hydras and 13 power dice , you're starting out with -8 points, you may want to make some modifications.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:58 pm

I'll be there too. Working on my list now Razz Luis just gave me one of the worst beatings ever with his lizardmen!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:33 am

Ovich wrote:Bill , I'm sorry , are you coming to the tournament?

No?

Then shut your pie hole.. You've played the game like once, and you're sitting here critiquing me on army composition. Your numbers in your post don't make sense.

It doesn't matter if people's lists are penalized for fielding a viable army as long as everybody's list is penalized. Most people's lists will come out close to 0, if they play with a balanced army. That's the way army comp should be. If someone brings a weak list, they get bonus for army comp, if someone brings a super cheezed list, they get hit hard.

That's the way it should be.

If I werent moving I would, but Im doing it all by my lonesome. Pregnant wives arent much help.If they bring a weak list they'll lose. Ive played more than once just not against you and with those restrictions Id only be able to bring some snotlings.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by razorramon31 Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:33 am

All I want to know is...when is the next 40k tournament...I've been stuckin training for weeks! I feel Like I've been in a sabatical!!!!

I need to blow something up....
razorramon31
razorramon31
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 66
Armies : Black Templar
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:51 am

I don't know, maybe we'll try and run one in Feb.

Bill, I didn't know you were moving right now, do you need manpower? or are you having it done by pros.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:06 am

Confirmed as IN
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:57 am

LOL, I bet she is good a telling you what to do, Bill. If you need some help, let me know. I am free most mornings as you know.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Yeah Bill, recruit some gamers!

As for the army comp thing, you can make alot of stuff with your army Bill. Hell, night goblins are a core choice! So are most Orks.

You just can't go crazy and take like a couple uber units. In comparison, you could only take like 2 characters and have them maxed out with potential, but then your lacking on characters.

I mean, my Bretonnian army list that I've written up gets a +3 on this scale, and thats with me being 100 points under the 50% limit for core! I've still got a Lord choice, 2 rares, and 4 specials in it, plus like 6 or so core choices. Oh, and 4 heroes too.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:32 pm

One thing that hasn't been mentioned, is that army comp plays favorites with certain armies.

Because an army doesn't rely on its heroes and relies on its troops with very little magic and no large targets, +7, doesn't necessarily mean its a weak list or deserves army comp award. They're playing to their strengths just like any more varied army, and they may not necessarily be playing towards fluff like any other army.

For example, a not too tough DE list that I tried out yesterday is -8 (which I wouldn't be taking this Sunday regardless) got mauled by Empire with, for what I could tell, a pretty balanced list.

Last year at gencon (GT) they scored it more so online the lines of the individual army in a 0-6pt score. It also didn't have any defined rules and was instead judged upon:

Quintessential and the list has obvious concessions........... 6
Excellently themed and fair.................................................. 5
Balanced competitive list (most expected score).................. 4
Super competitive ................................................................ 3
Too competitive! .................................................................. 2
Beard!!! Not in the spirit of friendship ................................. 1
List not entered by due date ............................................... 0

Not suggesting you necessarily change anything, its next Sunday, just up for some discussion.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next