The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Tournament at Sunshine 2250 PTS. January 25th

+13
Warlord Solskritt
the wanderer
dork_jedi
The Eldar Guy
Autarch (CM)
luis the young
ShadowMaster
rokassan
scurrdi
Diosamblet
Dr. Love
Michaelharmon
Ovich
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fantasy Tournament at Sunshine 2250 PTS.   January 25th - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Tournament at Sunshine 2250 PTS. January 25th

Post by Diosamblet Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:43 pm

I wouldn't say that a DE army with a Lord on dragon with an inverse ward save and regen armor plus a hydra is soft either Laughing
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Tournament at Sunshine 2250 PTS.   January 25th - Page 3 Empty Re: Fantasy Tournament at Sunshine 2250 PTS. January 25th

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:47 pm

He's not soft, I just dont' think he's worth the points.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:43 pm

Chris, the problem with the example you're giving is that

1. if a judge scores it, there's room for bias, (as much as you may try to avoid it) and it's flat out based on opinion, not an objective set of criteria
2. If your opponent gets to score it, then you get comp hitting for revenge, comp sniping to win, etc.

I've tried to balance out the predefined comp list as much as possible. You always have to keep certain things in mind , like

Demons and Undead are automatically gonna have unbreakable units, but will lack artillery

Dwarves will more likely than not have stubborn units, but will not have large targets or monstrous mounts

Skaven have no flyers but tend to take alot of magic items.

and so forth and so on.

Well try it this way once, afterward we'll take a vote, and then we'll change things based on the vote if goes that way.

Unlike some tournament judges, I'll listen to what the majority of the people want. Laughing We're a community, and that's what a community does
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Ovich wrote:I don't know, maybe we'll try and run one in Feb.

Bill, I didn't know you were moving right now, do you need manpower? or are you having it done by pros.

Help is always appreciated. Ill be slaving this weekend. Im just messing with you I actually like your idea of the point system. I was just bored and wanted to get your backhairs to stand on end.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:50 pm

scurrdi wrote:Yeah Bill, recruit some gamers!

As for the army comp thing, you can make alot of stuff with your army Bill. Hell, night goblins are a core choice! So are most Orks.

You just can't go crazy and take like a couple uber units. In comparison, you could only take like 2 characters and have them maxed out with potential, but then your lacking on characters.

I mean, my Bretonnian army list that I've written up gets a +3 on this scale, and thats with me being 100 points under the 50% limit for core! I've still got a Lord choice, 2 rares, and 4 specials in it, plus like 6 or so core choices. Oh, and 4 heroes too.

I was just messing with Stephan, I like his idea actually. 160 Night Goblins, hmmm I like that.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:01 pm

I'm bringing a +9 comp. army Very Happy

I'm assuming the comp. score is added once at the end of the tournament, and not after every match, right? I wouldn't mind a +27 after everything is said and done.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:02 pm

uh... yeah. once... That was a joke right?

But seriously. Isn't a plus 9 comp army a little bit more reasonable than a + 30 painted army?

I think yes.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:19 pm

Now that I'm getting a decent painting comp. score, suddenly I'm not as opposed to it Laughing
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:19 pm

Ovich wrote:uh... yeah. once... That was a joke right?

But seriously. Isn't a plus 9 comp army a little bit more reasonable than a + 30 painted army?

I think yes.

The +30 is part of the criteria someone will decide to have their performance rated on when they play in a tournament. So is the +9, or the 30 points of sportsmanship the older GW RTT had which paradoxically attempted to gauge how nice and pleasant a game in which you mercilessly destroy your opponent in can be as part of one of their competitive circuits.

If you decide to participate at a tournament, expect to have to deal with all of the criteria that tournament is assessing.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:51 pm

There's been a long discussion about this on the Dragon thread Cesar.

I've toned down the non-battle scoring in order to emphasize the battle scoring. At the same time, including composition directly influences how the battle scoring pans out, unlike painting or sportsmanship.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:19 pm

Well my entry for the painting competition is finally done. I haven't heard from anyone else submitting anything though...

I don't know if Bill from Pembroke is coming, but he should be allowed to submit that Shaggoth of his. Stephan, you announced the competition a day after he brought it to the Dragon tournament, you could give him a break.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:31 am

So painting is not at all considered part of the overall scoring for the tournament?

I'm kinda against this personally (if this is the case) as I think it needs to have some weight. While I'm not gonna put like 30 points into it, I do think it needs some consideration to encourage people to get there stuff painted (hell, I think it even got Luis to paint!) Very Happy

Overall though, everyone have a good time!!

Oh, and Nate said he was 85% sure he was gonna be there. He said he's forgotten his password to the forums.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:41 am

um i am in if there is any spots left open
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:49 am

oh and what happens if i feild the witch king...how will that effect my score???
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:42 am

or what about a 2nd gen slann oh dear god!!!!!
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:10 am

Dakai wrote:or what about a 2nd gen slann oh dear god!!!!!
Well, let's see...

The 2nd Gen Slann (if someone's going to take him, they don't usually skimp on the "extras," so the below analysis is based on "standard kit" for a 2nd Gen Slann):

- Is a Lord Choice: no +2
- B/C 2nd Gen is also a Rare Choice: no +1
- Makes Temple Guard Stubborn if you take them...and you should take them if you take a 2nd Gen Slann: no +2
- Has more than 3 power dice: no +1
- Is over 500 points by himself: no +1 -- characters combined less than 500
- More than like you'll take at least one of the Plaques that are 50 points each, so have a magic item over 25 points: no +3
- As he is usually close to 650 points (fully kitted out), you will most likely have over 800 points of characters: -1
- As he counts as a rare choice, as well as a lord choice, you have more than 500 points in rare choices: -1
- Lord worth over 450 points: -2
- 10 or more power dice (yes, he only generates 4, plus to for the army, but you get a free die for EVERY spell you cast, giving you up to 12): -1

So, with a 2nd Gen Slann in a Temple Guard unit (anyone who takes a 2nd Gen without a TG unit just wants to give his opponent 600+ points), you do not get to take advantage of +10 to your army comp, and you get at least a -3 and up to a -6 (from just one guy). That's a 16 point swing because you want to take a 2nd Gen Slann -- it's apropos, though because this guy will DOMINATE the magic phase and will rape units left and right while being pretty well protected inside his TG unit with his 2+ ward save (one of the plaques I mentioned above -- a must have for a 2nd Gen Slann) from shooting and magic. Oh, and let's not forget that he also counts as the Army BSB, so your stubborn TG unit gets to re-roll all break tests, should it have to take them on Ld 9 with 3D6 (picking the lowest 2). Good luck breaking that unit!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:33 am

Orc and Goblins win army comp in this thing hands down, i think only the Empire can rival them in solid low cost heroes and cheap magic items Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:24 pm

Dakai,

Everyone is welcome. just send me your list

my email is

Ovichsan@yahoo.com

In question to painting. Bill if you want to bring your shaggoth thats fine. I'm not going to be that picky
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:50 pm

Dakai is Nate in case anyone didn't realize that after the Malekith comments Very Happy (ha! your cover is blown Nate!)
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:59 am

lol yea...one of these days i am going to feild him again...you will see
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:48 pm

Garr!!!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:43 am

With Matt welcoming my Shaggoth as competition, there is no doubt that he finished something special. I can't wait to see it!

In the spirit of the rules laid out - I want bring something new. Is it OK to bring a 40k model as my entry?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:57 pm

Possible list.
Black orc big boss in Boar chariot
Black orc big boss in Boar chariot
Black orc big boss on Boar
Goblin shaman lvl 2 on wolf chariot

6 wolf riders
6wolf riders
6 spider riders
6 spider riders
4 night gob units with 20 gobs each
3 snotling bases

boar chariot
boar boys * 8
wolf chariot
wolf chariot

2x pump wagons
2 trolls

WAAAAGHH HOTWHEELZZZ !!!!! lol, im sooo tempted to bring this just for crazy fun Smile prob not ver competetive though. cool thing is...i get like +5 or so comp score !!! lol
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:43 pm

Bill 40k is ok, why not, ? right.?

I'm gonna enter my own entry into the competition and if I win, I'll give my prize to the next highest winner.

BTW Guys, I am going to have to leave the tournament early. I'm sorry but, I have no choice.

I'll leave it up to the best rules guy (matt I think) to handle rules situations, and to announce the winner/ prizes when I leave.

I have to get out of there probably by 6 or 7 pm . .
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:00 am

List sent

woot, only -3.

Have no idea how it'll perform though
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next