The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40K Tournament on September 12th

+10
rokassan
Ovich
NurgleNick
Michaelharmon
The Eldar Guy
ShadowMaster
Vycem
grix
feen039
WC_Brian
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

40K Tournament on September 12th - Page 4 Empty Re: 40K Tournament on September 12th

Post by WC_Brian Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:39 am

I should expect this level of silliness from Fantasy players.

You guys don't even play 40k and it is YOU who do not know what they are talking about. I understand your philosophical point and it makes sense for large events. This is me exploring your actual non-issue Ovich, but I didn't have to explore it, I already knew that. I hope you guys have learned something, all I have learned is you are not as well thought out as you would like to think you are.

This is not an Event, this is just a little store tourney. Maybe when you play Fantasy there is a dance number, perhaps some group singing between rounds and you all go to the pub for a couple of drinks afterwards but this is 40k and we just show up and hope that someone will run the event in an efficient and timely matter.

Once people post the same garbage 3 times I will become sarcastic and patronizing, especially when they are 100% wrong.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

40K Tournament on September 12th - Page 4 Empty Re: 40K Tournament on September 12th

Post by WC_Brian Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:58 am

I just realized that some of you guys don't understand how a normal game store functions. A date is set for the tournament. In 90% of stores the owner selects missions and runs the tournament. Hopefully he has a ringer or someone might get a bye every round, he has to watch the store so he can't necessarily play(though it can be easily done if he is a fast player and a good manager of time, i've seen it several times without problem). If everyone shows up and the owner doesn't run the tournaments(like Joel) someone steps up to the plate and runs the tournament. That's me. I don't try to play TO, it's not D&D, the TO is not the GM. I only began to attempt to organize the tournament sign up because Joel doesn't use the internet. Hopefully the community will come together to get these things going since Joel is not intersted, it would save me the trouble of getting in future flame wars with people who don't even play 40k.
I've never seen a store where people take turns being TO(and of course sometimes there is no TO because of this, I have to step in and then flaming shit wars begin), I guess it is because Joel doesn't involve himself in the process.

I would like to thank Bill and Ovich for wasting over an hour of my life. I hope they have learned something from this but my guess is no.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:06 am

I should expect this level of silliness from Fantasy players.

I hope you guys have learned something, all I have learned is you are not as well thought out as you would like to think you are

Maybe when you play Fantasy there is a dance number, perhaps some group singing between rounds and you all go to the pub for a couple of drinks afterwards but this is 40k and we just show up and hope that someone will run the event in an efficient and timely matter.

I just realized that some of you guys don't understand how a normal game store functions

I would like to thank Bill and Ovich for wasting over an hour of my life

Wow. .. and here I was Brian, thinking you couldn't be any more sarcastic and patronizing. I was wrong ! It seems there's no limit !. FYI, basically all of the guys who have countered your argument have been 40k players at one point or another. We're just into other things right now.

Oh well, as I said about 30 posts back, we'll just have to agree to disagree. There is no right or wrong in this matter , only opinion. and like assholes, everyone's got one.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4