The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2250 Warhammer Fantasy Tournament Sun. Dec 20th!!

+9
Dr. Love
Death_Company_Orks
BrandonC
Ovich
luis the young
The Eldar Guy
bayardnbk
ShadowMaster
scurrdi
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

2250 Warhammer Fantasy Tournament Sun. Dec 20th!! - Page 3 Empty Re: 2250 Warhammer Fantasy Tournament Sun. Dec 20th!!

Post by scurrdi Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:42 am

Well sweet deal!

See everyone at Joel's tomorrow! Please don't be late! I'd like to start as promptly as possible!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

2250 Warhammer Fantasy Tournament Sun. Dec 20th!! - Page 3 Empty Re: 2250 Warhammer Fantasy Tournament Sun. Dec 20th!!

Post by Autarch (CM) Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:32 pm

Autarch (CM) wrote:Spoke with him today, he's going.

Spoke with him today: he forgot, somehow. He wasn't listed anyway - no harm, no foul I hope.

I'll be there, obviously.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bayardnbk Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:31 am

Alright, here is how the tourny went from my point of view, playing as dwarfs:

Game 1 vs. Skaven - they have this banner that limited my first two shooting rounds, so no goblin hewer or flame gun, after shoot away at his army of two MASSIVE units (Skaven Screaming Bell / Plague Furnace) he made contact and did a bit of damage with the PF, but his SB unit was very small, his Skaven Doomwheel got one shot by my grudge thrower around turn 3, his major victory move was his ~9 Plague Censer Bearers with a hero just cut a massive line through my artillery, making a solid win for the Skaven, taught me to target that unit a bit more to slow them up and lessen their number...oops!

Game 2 vs. Bretonnia - the board was completely flat so I cramped up into one corner and fired upon his Peasant units, 3 Pegasus Knights, and 5 Mounted Yeoman, on the other side of the field he had his 3 knight units being hit by my anvil (losing about 12 to it over time), he eventually got the charge to my flank of dwarf warriors that did not break, basically I rolled at about an 80% success rate (hitting, wounding, saving) while Dan was about 30% at best, he controlled three table corners and had a well balanced army with more expensive units away from my war machines, a draw was managed

Game 3 vs. Dwarfs - I huddled on one side and put a unit of thunderers and warriors on the other side to learn from my table corner problems, he had the majority of his army on the other side away from my line of firing, a very fast game, I managed to take a few of his units to 50% but on turn 6 luck caught up to me from the last game and rolled back-to-back 1's on the anvil using Thorek with the normal power ability and blew up, cost me 505 points and potentially another ~145 for not killing 1 guy in his 11 man that was formally 20 strong hammer unit, ended in a draw

Great turn out, good players, great sportsmanship, and nice store room/setup/AC/bathroom, ready to play again and already modified my army list for some (hopeful) improvement, and luis didn't paint his guys...sad day

bayardnbk
Cultist

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:04 am

Awesome day of gaming . Great to see everyone. Thanks to Dan for running the event.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:22 pm

I got a bunch of pics that i have to load, will prob just add them to this section here.
Tournament was great, i was happy that we got so many people to show up !

I had lots of fun on my games.
The first one vs Mat and his Lizardmen was all golden luck for me, no missfires, no miscasts, all went perfect.

Second game was the total opposite, vs Cosmo and his empire. The great Horned one musta been gnawing on some cheese and didnt have time to bless me cause ...OMFG did i roll bad, i think i got one spell off by round 4, not because Cosmo was dispelling, i just couldnt roll to save my life. 3 misscasts in one turn, missfires left and right. Dotn even know how i drew on this one.

Third game was vs Dan and the Broketonians, bad deployment on my part caused my furnace to be led on a merry chase by some cowardly fast cavalry. Game wasnt doint to bad, wasnt great, but not to bad. And then came the third round ..... Grey Seer Ratsputin got sniped on the head by a 6 ton rock from a trebuchet, The rat ogre ringing the bell mustve been fed some warpstone laced steroids cause the son of a bish ran so hard that i rolled Tripple 6s !!!! APOCALIPTIC DOOM !!!!!! Is the Skaven version of a nuke, bell blew up and every MODEL within 4d6 inches takes a strgth 4 hit no armor saves. Of course this happened right in the middle of my army, 15 inches and 60+ rolls later, i had lost 60% of my army, while he only lost 6 knights. It was a sad day to be a rat.

You know, i contemplated painting my Skaven, and then i noticed i had 400+ models and suddenly i remembered i had something more fun to do, like smashing my toes with a hammer !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:52 pm

luis the young wrote:You know, i contemplated painting my Skaven, and then i noticed i had 400+ models and suddenly i remembered i had something more fun to do, like smashing my toes with a hammer !

Hahahaha, that's the same thing that crosses my mind when I look at all my Skinks...
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bayardnbk Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:18 pm

Step it up!

bayardnbk
Cultist

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Was a good day. I got lucky not to have to play any skaven Razz
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:32 am

It was a fun tournament.

My first game was against a Demons player who played really well, but just didn't have an answers for Holeck. The big dude first took part in wiping out a unit of bloodletters with his general, a herald. Then he proceeded to wipe out a unit of flesh hounds with his d3 wounds hammer. Then he smashed up a unit of flamers using the same method. Everything of his was dead by the end of the game.

Second game wasa bit tougher against Brandon and his vermin. I learned a valuable lesson. Don't charge a plague furnace with Knights.. unless you want to lose. Luckily I was able to outflank him and keep Holeck from dying. I ended up with a major victory due to holding 2 table quarters which translated to an extra 400 points. But it was definitely a psychoeducational lesson on the skaven and what not to do against them anymore.

Last game was against Bill and his Lizbos. Bill figured out before deployment that he could put his Slann and temple guard unit in a building and be safe the whole game from my Cavalry force, while blasting the shit out of me at the same time ! I don't blame him, we play to win.
But that's exactly what happened. I played too cautiously, worried about his powerful magic. I tried 1 attempt to storm the building with Wulfrick and his frenzied maraurders with flails. We ended up causing the same amount of wounds, which means I couldn't take the building and had to exit 1 inch away , only to get blasted to shit the next turn.
The coup de grace came when after failing a charge by a quater inch with Holeck, Kermit made the Armour of the Storm melt all over Holecks body with Rule of the Forge and banehead... which took him out.. After that, all my hopes were gone.

Great tournament guys.. Let's do it again.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:48 pm

What have we come to when ya can't even spell the name of your own cheese Evil or Very Mad

It's Kholek
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:58 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:What have we come to when ya can't even spell the name of your own cheese Evil or Very Mad

It's Kholek

Nope, he got it right, HOleck.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:11 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:What have we come to when ya can't even spell the name of your own cheese Evil or Very Mad

It's Kholek

Thank you for pointing that out, I was pulling out my hair when I read that - BUT, it may have been on purpose. He did mention your LIZBOS after all, at least he's courteous enough to point out his special character is a ho - to put it mildly.

On a constructive note: I'm really glad I brought the Wood Elves to the tourney - definitely unlearning a lot of stuff I got rehearsed with O&G and making more finesse oriented plays.

First game vs. Bill's Lizardmen was fun, although an admittedly mind boggling match. Five dispel dice is a joke in the face of a Slaan & Aztec Super-Laser (Engine Of The Gods) - and I did manage to squeeze through 2 rounds of magic almost unscathed (Divination Orb & MR (1) for the win). I was really apprehensive about engaging his army with the Salamanders running about and I was punished for that by being on the defensive for the entire game we played. To Bill's credit, he took advantage of my skittishness and managed to put his army in a good spot to claim the hills and the extra Battle Points.

Second game vs. Erik's Daemons - I had never looked at the Lizardmen book, and the fear of the unknown kept me from playing like I should - that didn't happen in this match. I really have the DoC book digested and it was a huge boon to know what I could be up against. The fact that most characters have such a narrow list of upgrades and most effective upgrades are mutually exclusive to a particular Chaos God's troops made for a relatively obvious show of force (by no means bashing on his list, I'm expecting someone to bring good choices to a tourney, and surprising me with a bad choice isn't a good idea). The real X-factor in the match was a general doubt on both sides of the table as to how effective -my- army would be.

What did we learn?
1. 8 Dryads can apparently wipe out a unit of 9 (originally 10) seekers on the flank - hefty amount wounds and a subsequently terrible stability test.
2. My unit of Wild Riders kept his Flesh Hounds at bay for 2 turns, and while I knew he would tear me to bits, I did a good job of emphasizing their HUGE movement and using that to scare him out of trying to engage me... that was really crucial as these folks ended up...
3. Flanking Wild Riders, flanking Dryads (same unit that took out the Seekers) and a group of War Dancers in the front can take out Bloodletters & General in one fell swoop. The unit was left with the General, Unit Champ & Banner by the time I finished resolving my half of the combat.

Third game vs. Juan's Chaos Dwarfs - Very cool list, I like what the 'Unofficial-Official? Army Book' folks did with it. The pitched battle really messed with Juan as I put a Forest in the middle of the board which subsequently ruined his chanced to fire at anything important in my army. The rest of the match rolled out like I would want, most of my good troops skirted the trees and jumped on lone units. Dryads & an Eagle spent 3 turns fighting a warmachine crew (with the warmachine doing the bulk of the fighting) along with an attached character - some sort of Daemonic Alchemist. Another Dryad unit spent the whole game fighting off an Inferno Iron Golem (or something like that) - Treeman-like stats and a breath weapon - obviously nerve wracking. I managed to sandwich a large unit of Dwarfs between my Treeman Ancient and my Wildriders and 1d6-1 flee distance in the face of Cavalry made for short work of them.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:52 pm

Game 1 vs. Cesar and his Wood Elves.
Take Ground Scenario - double points for table quarters, points for hills.
I deployed A priest and some skinks into what must have been some sacred wood elf ruins, because C went after them with a vengence. I slipped the skinks out of dodge just before a unit of wardancers arrived and with a large bunch of wild riders in hot persuit. This distraction allowed the Slann, Steggy, and Sallys to nuke and fire away, causing massive damage to the fragile and flamible wood elf force. With the Temple Guard controlling the center of the battlefield and contesting all wood elf claims, skink patrols were able to spread out and capture 2 hills and 2 quarters.

Game 2 vs. Chris and his Dark Elves
Magic Flux scenario
Being fortunate enough to go first, I was able to get 20 skinks deep into the right flank, throw up my shooting ward, and nuke down a crossbow unit. From there, under the protection of the engine ward, I was able to play D and hold the line a bit. We traded fire, bolts and hydra flame countered with poison blowpipes, sally fire, and magic. The PD to DD give-away, combind with the ring of Hotek keep my magic at bay. With the blackguard closing in, I made a heroic charge with the Steggy in the front and my heavy cav into the flank. Chris's witch bitch ninja general sliced through all 5 coldones without breaking a sweat, but the steggy is able to do some damage and hold for a bit before falling to the nasty elf queen. This madness ends in a draw.

Game 3 vs. Stephen's Chaos Warriors
Pitch battle on the village board.
Covered by Stephen above. With only 1 unit that could assult, I was able to hide units in buildings to protect them from the faster, tougher knights. Set up in Casa de Slann, I harrased with Lizzie magic and shooting. Wulfrig's assult was repelled, and then Kholek was melted. My only difficulties this game were getting my tails around the toilet seats and backing up the indoor plumbing.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:02 pm

Sounds like Chris took the Crone Hellebron special character? She's reeaally nasty man. 6 or so S10 attacks with hatred...
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:15 pm

That's the one
4 base
1 for extra weapon
1 for frenzy
1 from cauldaron (optional)
d3 bonus (you missed these)
STRENGTH 10

INSANE!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:24 pm

Yes. I did mean Holeck... since he is the Chaos Gods' HO on the battlefield.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:18 am

The tournament was, IMO, I great success!!

We had a total of 14 Participants and a wide array of armies! I will post more information as well as my own battle reports tomorrow (I'm in St. Louis at the moment and not on my laptop Sad )

Thanks to everyone for coming out! It was a blast and I'm glad everyone had a good time! If things work out we hope to have another event in January!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by feen039 Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:27 am

Any pictures?
feen039
feen039
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 218
Armies : Eldar, High Elves, Salamanders
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:09 am

I took a bunch with Luis's camera, waiting for him to upload them!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:18 pm

Results!!

It was a great tournament and I think everything had a good time! I tried to make the scenarios interesting but not too overwhelming. Here are the results:

1. Chris with Dark Elves
2. Bill with Lizardmen
3. Dan (me!) with Bretonnians
4. Stephan with Mortals of Chaos
5. Cosmo with Empire
6. Little Cesar with Wood Elves
7. Neal (from broward) with Dwarves
8. Mike Ronin with Dwarves
9. Brandon with Skaven
10. Luis with Skaven
11. Erik (from Boca) with Deamons of Chaos
12. Matt (from japan!) with Lizardmen
13. Juan with Chaos Dwarves
14. Tom with Ogres

I would mention that some of the results were extremely close, including 3 or 4 slots (beyond the top 5) which were only 1 point off from each other!

I hope everyone had a great time! We'll be seeing when the next event is!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3