The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40K Escalation Tournement - Sun, Jan 24th at Tate's Comics

+4
scurrdi
Joshwow1
DarkAngel_Cesar
ShadowMaster
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

40K Escalation Tournement - Sun, Jan 24th at Tate's Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: 40K Escalation Tournement - Sun, Jan 24th at Tate's Comics

Post by The Eldar Guy Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Douche? lol

imho that shit doesn't make sense. Three separate armies? All kind of rules either don't work or cause some serious problems.

Problem is that doing anything new in these games makes it neigh impossible to balance between all the individual armies.

There are better ways to do this tough. Tacking on 800pts worth of stuff for each set makes it simpler. Not being able to add to existing units in list 1? Bullshit.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

40K Escalation Tournement - Sun, Jan 24th at Tate's Comics - Page 2 Empty Re: 40K Escalation Tournement - Sun, Jan 24th at Tate's Comics

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:31 pm

All the more reason to go and kick some ass Josh.

Tate's is a very nice store and Brad is an alright guy.
I'm sure you'll have a good time.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Naw im good shadow.

Not my tournament, but if it was a single 2250 list split into three components it would have made more sense. Atleast to me. But making 3 seperate lists runs into rough waters since some armies HAVE to take certain things at certain point brackets. Such as black templars. But it's 3 different lists working "side by side" as was so "politely" told to me. So it makes abilities from someone in list 2 not compatible with your list 1 because techinically they are all different armies working "side by side" or so that's what was explained to me.

Who ever goes, good luck.

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Ehhh Bill since you seem to have a better relationship with Brad @ Tates think you can get him to get the T.O. to make a post on our forums about how exactly this tourney is going to work.

Because what he told me is the exact oppisite of what he is telling Josh. From what he told me is that at the final round your army = 2250 points but all your doing is breaking your said 2250 list into 3 chunks but that they all coincide with one another... think u can get this to happen? Please and Thank you.

--Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:11 pm

Brad is the manager and he will also be the TO.
I have invited him, but he does not currently post here.

As someone who doesn't play 40k, I'm not sure I'm the best to analyze what he tells me, but I'll call to get the details from him tomorrow so you guys know what to expect.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:18 pm

When i spoke to brad he told me he wasant the T.O. that another gentleman was running it...lemme check my e-mail he said he would e-mail me something.

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:21 pm

Ok - well let's see what he says.
You know I need to pick up some chariot bases, maybe I'll just stop by.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:57 am

No e-mail please gather some info for us bill! PLZZZZZZ

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:12 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:All the more reason to go and kick some ass Josh.

Tate's is a very nice store and Brad is an alright guy.
I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Brad is an alright guy when he is not being a jerk off. Many people have said this, Josh is not the first. He has terrible people skills and likes to talk like he is in an 1800's. For example "This conversation need not go further sir". He gets irritated really quickly and has a way of making a conversation confusing for the other guy, and for no reason.

Brad is not running the tournament, and while he works at the store he doesn't own it. Chris is running the tournament. Brad doesn't even know very much about 40k so I'm sure that is where all the confusion stems from. I would imagine you can detach Wolf Guard in any of the lists to any squads in the list as long as those lists are being fielded together. I will ask Chris this sunday when the 40k players get together at Tate's. I am sure he will be understanding as he is a long time Space Wolves player.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:12 pm

OK - I spoke with Brad about the event.
As Brian mentioned, Brad is not running it - so he does not have all the answers for some things. He is working on getting this information.

We did cover at length how the 3 lists will work. I used fantasy examples to make sure I understood the 40k counterpart terms. Here we go.....

HOW TO BUILD YOUR LIST
You make 1 2250 point list. This list should convey to all the normal list building requirments with regard to HQ, core, fast, heavy, etc)

You then split that list into 3 chunks (@750 each, with some play for fractions)

List 1 will have your main HQ (general) and your core (thus your always playing a legal list)

List 2 adds to list one

List 3 adds to the combind lists 1 and 2

You are always only operating as one army - with one commander. You are NOT playing 3 'mini armies'.

I'll try to give a DoC example (using fantasy points):
List 1 - Bloodthirster, 2x10 horrors, 5 furies (750)
List 2 - Khorne Herald, 10 horrors, 5 flesh hounds, 6 flamers, 5 furies (770)
List 3 - Tzeentch Herald, 2x5 flesh hounds, 6 flamers - (730)

Hope this helps.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:54 am

Yeah so false alarm, Brad probably won't even be there. Come on up, it's all good. It would be cool if we can people from both stores to attend events in both counties.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:34 pm

copy of email from tate's
=================
Here is a direct verbatum copy of the flyer that the T.O. provided me:

40K Tournament
January 24th 2010

3 Round Tournament

You must bring
- Army (obviously)
- 3 Copies of your Army list (written out before the tournament starts, NO exceptions)
- Your Codex (or WD in the case of Blood Angels)
- 40K rules set
- Tape Measure
- Templates
- Dice

Armies of 2250 points

Your army must be broken down as follows:

Force A - 700 to 800 points must include at least 1 HQ and 2 Troop Choices

Force B - 700 - 800 points

Force C - 700 - 800 points

The three forces together can NOT total more than 2250. The three forces together must fit within one force organizations table from your codex.

Sportsmanship will count towards your overall point total.

Seperate prize will be awarded for painting/modeling.

Example Army List:

Force A
Space Marine Captain - Artificer Armor, Iron Halo, Relic Blade, Bolt Pistol 145
10 Tactical Marine - Flamer, Missile Launcher 170
10 Tactical Marine - Flamer, Missile Launcher 170
5 Space Marine Scouts - Bolt Pistol, CC Weapon 75
10 Space Marine Scouts - 10 Sniper Rifles 150
1 Land Speeder - Multimelta 50
Total 760

Force B
5 Space Marine Bikes - Melta 180
5 Terminators - Assault Cannon 230
8 Assault Terminators - 4 Lightling Claws, 4 Thunder Hammer/SS 320
Total 730

Force C
1 Land Raider - Standard Pattern 250
1 Land Raider - Standard Pattern 250
1 Land Raider - Crusader Pattern - Multi Melta 260
Total 760

ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:37 pm

The list strategy options keep spinning in my mind. I wish I had a 40k army to try this.

To tank or not to tank? That is the question!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:04 pm

LoL

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:49 am

That land speeder with multi melta should cost 60. Hope that is just an example and not an actual list.

This is going to be alot of fun, and hopefully faster than a normal tournament due to the armies in the first mission being so small.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Congrats to Caesar, he took first place today! Sucks you couldn't make it Josh. It was a great tournament and there will be another in 3 months so hopefully you and Caesar can get back up this way for it.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:04 pm

LoL thanks for the post B. Next time I'm up their we gotta hit up howeis! wanna try that crazy crust and what not!!

The Tourney was great. I faced 2x Chaos marines and 1x necron.

The Chaos armys i played against were @ 800 and 1600 points and then 2250 vs the Necron army.

The Prize support was sweet! Let's just say i was able to get a few nice piece's! Josh gunna need to you to build it please! heh since you bailed on me i figure it would cover your gas cost! =P

Anyways the store is super nice and clean and plenty of room and good players so yes i agree with B that we need to make it to the next event.

---Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Gratz C!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:53 pm

Awesome! Someone from down here Twisted Evil
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:00 am

Grats bro! I wish I coulda made it but I had to work >.< and yes definitely I will be building up it up for ya! I am guessing the pedro+ lysander worked wonders :p glad Matt and I could help you with that! I gotta play that army now!

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:39 am

Needs some tweaking but ya it's super viable only thing it lacks IMO is something to take out the oppnents monster CC squad if you can't shoot them to shit.

--C

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:04 am

Lysander can't do that job?

Did you get alot out of the Pedro +1 attack within 12 inches bonus?

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:45 pm

Lysander is only one model and if i have to run him up against a squad of let's say. Iunno genestealers or fricking a group of Nobs and ghazgull i don't think he'll last the first turn of combat...now if i run him up with 5 termies with TH-SS out of a LR they got a much better chance of fucking up someones day. Rather roll 3 ups all day in a squad of 6 then on just one dude.

--C

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:39 pm

Keeping him with the sternies isn't bad. Keep them near pedro and they have 3 attacks. Sure they don't have invulns, but that's why they rapid fire whatever they're hitting (re-rolling to hit with lysander), wounding on 2's, and then taking on the remnants of whatever was in the squad afterwards (Which shouldn't be too much)

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:53 pm

true and true josh. But what i found myself needing to do was split them early and have to strain the oppnents forces.

I didn't want to drop two of the pods right next to each other and have all 20 sternguard on one side of the board and then clear out that side.

the full combi meltas and combi plasma rocked face though and i was rolling pretty well.

Oh and Legion of the damn were co-MVP in the final game and their re-roll scatter dice roll is pro!

But ya we can talk more shop on Wed.

--C

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next