The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*th edition opinions.

+12
Diosamblet
the wanderer
Garry
luis the young
The Eldar Guy
KingdomCome
Kyle
Vycem
Autarch (CM)
ShadowMaster
scurrdi
rokassan
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

*th edition opinions. - Page 3 Empty Re: *th edition opinions.

Post by rokassan Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:02 pm

KingdomCome wrote:Yes. it's too much. I've heard nothing but nasties about everything mentioned so, dont bring it! Actually I think yu can only bring 2 doomwheels.... Anywho, Who's the powergamer now Bill?

You referring to me? Im not a power gamer in and sense of the word. Anyone who knows me can attest to that. I dont get off on beating the system and winning every game.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Bill. Seriously dude. WTF are you talking about? (Upper post)

I was referring to Jose with his Skaven love. (Bottom Post)
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:05 pm

KingdomCome wrote:Yes. it's too much. I've heard nothing but nasties about everything mentioned so, dont bring it! Actually I think yu can only bring 2 doomwheels.... Anywho, Who's the powergamer now Bill?

Jesus Christ...Im responding to your post above. If your talking to the other Bill then disregard.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:10 pm

Kyle wrote:No more than 2 copies of any rare unit choice no matter the points, so no you can't do some of that.

Ohhh, thanks just waiting for new BRB I guess. Still currently trying to decide on a new army. Read DoC, Wood Elves, WoC and Skaven book recently. BTW, since I have only been playing a year at Joel's, I am a product of my fellow powergaming wargamers. The things most of all the 40k players bring to the table to thorughly cream me has produced most of the lists I now bring. Reading about other clubs in the nation have showed me that you guys are heavily tourny minded and cheesy. I am just trying to survive and win a few while over coming the high sexual tension in the store.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:11 pm

rokassan wrote:

Jesus Christ...Im responding to your post above. If your talking to the other Bill then disregard.

Ummmmm.... I love you? That always works with my other girlfreinds.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:12 pm

Yes lets drop this. I was just posting a simple comment and its getting out of control.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:13 pm

@Jose: Some try to be powergamers, a few actually achieve the rank, all have sexual tension. Don't drop the mini!
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:15 pm

KingdomCome wrote:
rokassan wrote:

Ummmmm.... I love you? That always works with my other girlfreinds.

Jeeez, get a room already!
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:20 pm

Told ya about that tension....

I have my Ogres ready to go, but I'm not sure if iron guts spam is the way to go anymore. My tomb kings are enjoying their sleep in the box though I'm itching to use them.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:23 pm

I am really curious about ogre kingdoms. Are they up to par with other armies now? They seem to get alot flak last edition. Joel does have that Ogre Kingdoms battlion in the store which seems very attractive.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Im not sure yet. I've yet to bust them out on some sucka fools. Last edition they were the red headed step child. This edition they seem to have dyed their hair, but they're still a step child. The problem with OK is the distinct lack of shooting. They have it, but it isn't enough to down ANYTHING and they lack warmachines outside of a pissed off Yak. Last edition if you let them charge you, you were a damned fool. So guess what? Competent players didn't let you charge with them. If they did they would beat face. On a plus side, they have awesome models that you can really do a ton of things too. I really enjoy their fluff and the fact that they literally EAT for magical powers.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:54 pm

I did not realize it until I played Neil's Chaos the other day, but the new rules benefit the hell out of Ogre Kingdoms.

6 guys hit with 18 attacks and can hold the flank. NASTY!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:04 pm

My question is:

Why should core be better than elites?

Aren't elites supposed to be better but limited?
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Core aren't better than elites, thats the thing.

Elite units are specialized or have specific task roles, and not supposed to dominate the game/field.

The core is core because it's the central CORE of a fighting force, the bulk of an army. It's not supposed to be throw away handful of guys who tagged along for the ride.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:27 pm

Kyle wrote:Core aren't better than elites, thats the thing.

Elite units are specialized or have specific task roles, and not supposed to dominate the game/field.

The core is core because it's the central CORE of a fighting force, the bulk of an army. It's not supposed to be throw away handful of guys who tagged along for the ride.

I beg to differ... Goblins are just a handful of guys who tagged along for the ride that are just there to be thrown away.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:41 pm

They don't know that Wink
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Kyle wrote:No more than 2 copies of any rare unit choice no matter the points, so no you can't do some of that.

So what about 2x doomwheels and 2x warp lightning cannons? At higher points this seems crazy. Does every army have great stuff that they can take now in the rare slot as well?
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:25 pm

It sounds like I will finaly paint my ogre's bought a crap load before last rule change and then with the rule change no rank bonus and all the other crap screwed them so I put them away. Time to break them out and start painting them again. This should be intresting going from painting FOW figs to these big Ogres.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:27 pm

Usually.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:23 pm

I love my ogres

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bayardnbk Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:31 pm

This is Neal, and yes, the game was fun. Just need to work out all the rules that appear to be consolidated for ease of play and faster games. We were done by turn 3 with a 2500 point game and limited rule knowledge.

bayardnbk
Cultist

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:33 pm

So the game went good with you and Bill and you likes your Chaos Ogre. Why did it end by trun 3?
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:48 pm

jspyd3rx wrote:

So what about 2x doomwheels and 2x warp lightning cannons? At higher points this seems crazy. Does every army have great stuff that they can take now in the rare slot as well?

If the point values allow it, but almost every army has "crazy" stuff in the rare slot they can take.

Thats the problem with jumping to very high pointed games, is more allowance for the really powerful stuff.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:17 pm

Garry wrote:So the game went good with you and Bill and you likes your Chaos Ogre. Why did it end by trun 3?

No Lizzies left Mad
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Dam he cleared the board... Was it an army list thing or Lizard to weak now thing
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next