The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next tourney?

+6
Hurricane
Grombart
luis the young
Ovich
rokassan
Warlord Solskritt
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Next tourney? - Page 2 Empty Re: Next tourney?

Post by Ovich Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:00 am

Yeah... I'm just a little disappointed is all.... but I think the Apocolypse tourney is gonna be cool as shit.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:00 am

Id really love to play both, but I havent played 40k in a year and Id like to put those thousands of dollars worth of models to use once and a while. We'll have a good game(FoW) this Sunday. Luis you interested? We can do a two on two.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:04 am

Rokassan wrote:Id really love to play both, but I havent played 40k in a year and Id like to put those thousands of dollars worth of models to use once and a while. We'll have a good game(FoW) this Sunday. Luis you interested? We can do a two on two.

Im up for it if i can get away from the wife....ive been kinda leaving her alone evry sunday for the past 2 months, heh. But i'll see if i can work something out.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:49 pm

So, the majority agrees the 20th yes? I count 5 votes for the 20th and 2 for the 27th.

Yesterday (7 July) I told Joel it appeared that most players wanted 27th, now it's back to 20th, so I am moving it back to the 20th.

We can not flip back and forth, unless overwhelming objections are made in the next 24 hours, the date will be the 20th.

I will contact those who do not post by telephone (the ones that I have their numbers)

Can we agree that any future FOW tournament should occur at the end of the month (the last Sunday) from now on, so everyone can plan appropriately? Fair, yes?

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:23 pm

Sounds good on the last sunday of the month. BTW I still vote for the 20th
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:43 pm

It is official the tournament is on the 20th of July!

Sorry we could not accomendate everyone, but the majority of the participants agree on this date.

Also, I believe everyone (or most) agree that the end of the month is the best general date.

This brings back an early issue I had brought up. Is once a month too much for having tournament? I had stated "yes, that is too frequent". Without exception (that I recall, could be wrong) everyone else said no.

However we had to cancel the last two months tournaments.
I think this issue needs to be reconsidered. I believe every other month is ideal. For now at least. As more people join (and the local FOW it is growing) and there are more principle team leaders, we can then have more tournaments.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:24 pm

Sounds good to me!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:25 pm

Once a month sounds fine to me.

BTW I think it should be required for each tounament player to provide at least 3 army sheets. One for themselves, one for the person running the tournament, and one for their opponents (who can then give it to the opposing players next opponent).
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:15 pm

Allright man, but you know you'll have more people at the end of the month Jerry.

Right now, if it's on the 27th, you get Me, Luis, Bill, and JC...

If it's on the 20th.. you get Erik and Ric...

What did the other regulars say.. did you get in touch with them?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:47 am

Well this tournament has been planed for like a month. I do not think it's right to change it now so close to the date. But whatever. No big deal, I just will not be able to attend if its moved to the 27.
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:14 am

If this tourney has been planned for a month, no one said shit about it on the forums. The first mention of it was last week by Bill or Erik.

I just figured that if Jerry wants to run a tournament, he should go with the date that more people can come to , that's all.
I don't know if he's called all the guys off the forum like Dave Thomas, Will, Don, and Henry. But if he's basing his decision on who's said what on the fourm, then it's 4-2 in favor of the the 27th.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:23 am

Joel announced the tournament like 3 weeks ago but obviously he doesnt post on this forum. And since I'm not running the tournament I waited to say anything till now. Skip that other tourney Stephan.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:16 am

Whatever, you say it's 4-2, but that doesn't include Don, Tom, Dave, and several others who may not be on this board. People who already know it's going to be on the 20th. So if you change it you will prolly have max of 4 guys. But if you leave it you will have Eric, me + all the usual regulars who are not on this board (all of who are expecting to play on the 20th).
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:45 pm

I have talk to Don, Andy, and Will directly and all have stated that the 20th would not be a problem.

In addition; Rokassan; Hurrican; Grombart have stated that they can only play on the 20th. Dave is unknown for certain but I believe he was fine with this date.

All of the above are reliable players who participate consistently.

Ovich, I have never seen you play once.
Luis, JC, and Bill are reliable.

By my math thats 6 (possibly 7) to 3 in favor for the 20th.

This was first mentioned on 2 July. Thats 18 days to prepare, not really a last minute notice.
Also usually we have the tournament at the end of the month, so this would not be a great surprise to anyone who normally participates.

I can not explain why Joel initially placed it on the 20th, but I can image it was a schedule conflict with Warhammer Fantasy.I will inquire and find out.

Again this goes back to my point of how often we should have tournaments.
In the past FOW community has had the tournament at the end of the month, but it was not a permanently agree by everyone and that is why I am proposing this become a cannon order so as to avoid this contention in the future.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:15 pm

Yes, having a stable date every month will allow every one to plan for it. I agree, I'll go with what ever date you set.
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:25 pm

Having a set day of the month for tournaments IS the way to go, evryone knows that is gonna that day and can plan accordingly.

I wish we couldve held the tournament on the 27th, as i wouldve been able to go to that one. reason im not going to this one on the 20th is because i commited myself to the big Apoc game at the square way before this tournament was made official, i got people counting on me to show up to the Apoc game and i wont leave them stranded.

End of the month is a great date, this wont interfere with 40k tournaments held at the end of the month at the square cause they happen on saturdays, and it wont interfere with their fantasy tournaments cause they happen the first of the month on sundays. Sunshine doesnt have set dates in the month for tournaments, they just happen whenever someone can be found to host them, the square does it because Israel ( with whatever faults he may have ) organizes and overses the tournaments, if Joel would get a bit more involved then Sunshine could also have 40k/fantasy tournaments set up on a spesific date every month.

The smart thing to do, if Joel decides to do this, is to have the tournaments on dates that they dotn conflict with the other stores' tournaments, this way you have a good chance of people showing up
( regardles of playing location preferences ) me i dotn care wehre i play as long as i get to play and have a good time.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Good guess first place is going to me then! lol!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:40 pm

Hurricane wrote:Good guess first place is going to me then! lol!

you know, i may just show up to ruin your day Twisted Evil
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:02 pm

luis the young wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Good guess first place is going to me then! lol!

you know, i may just show up to ruin your day Twisted Evil

That would be evil. Twisted Evil
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:15 pm

I am not blaming anyone for not showing up, I just trying to provide the best date base on the response I got.

Like I said, if everyone agrees (or the majority), and the trend seems to going in this direction, I tell Joel that the tournaments MUST ALWAYS be at the end of the month or then simply cancel that month it if that date is not possible.

I will be there at 17:00 to pickup my mis-delivered GW LotR special order.

Again, I apologize if I can across wrongly, I am just trying to acommendate the FOW community, but I can not always make everyone happy.

ITS OFFICIAL: Next FOW tournament is AUGUST 31!!! (thats a Sunday BTW).

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:10 am

Allright....

Sign me up for the 31st then !

Should have all my shit painted by then too !

As an aside, Jerry, we should try to get the other guys, like Dave, Will, Don, Tom, and Henry on the boards so that we can know exactly whose coming. Maybe those guys have never been invited or think that the only thing we talk about is Warhammer ?

It's worth a try.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:57 pm

Its official, hence forth all future tournaments will be held at the end of the month.
I talk to Joel about the confusion that was cause by changing the date (in the past it had been the end of the month) and he agreed to only having the tournament the last weekend of the month. I explained that it is necessary to affix a permanent scheduling date so this will not occur again.

If for some reason the last weekend of the month is not available for whatever reason, then it simply will not happen. I have and will continue to inform ALL players, regardless of whether they visit or know about this forum, about the permanent schedule.

Ovich, all of the players you mention are aware of this forum, I can only suggest they access, the final results is ultimately up to them.

Now I believe everyone can plan appropriately.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkweasel Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:21 pm

The tournament for July is on the 20th.
After that, tournaments will be on the last Sunday of the month.
That was my understanding from the meeting between Jerry and Joel.
I will be there on the 20th with the British rifle company.

smirkweasel
Aspiring Champion

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:49 pm

I'd like it if the points for tournies was upped to 1750 or 1850.Anyone else agree?
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:25 am

Warlord Solskritt wrote:I'd like it if the points for tournies was upped to 1750 or 1850.Anyone else agree?

I would not be averse to this, I can field an army of that many points. Is this going to be MW or LW?
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next