The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killin Teclis *suggestions*

+10
Diosamblet
The Eldar Guy
Autarch (CM)
xxbloodfirexx
Ovich
KingdomCome
luis the young
Garry
ShadowMaster
jspyd3rx
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Killin Teclis *suggestions* - Page 3 Empty Re: Killin Teclis *suggestions*

Post by Diosamblet Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:53 pm

Autarch (CM) wrote:Is our group too small to turn down a game, or too small to play a list like that?

I think Caesar really hit the nail on the head with this one. Normally a really tough list gets balanced out because it isn't good against all armies or against other really tough lists. Our pool of players (and thus armies), isn't big enough.

Btw, my comment about refusing a game against a list I felt was abusive was made with casual games in mind. Why does anyone need to bring an over the top list to a casual pick-up game anyways? For tournaments, it seems most of our players are fine with "bringing on the cheese"

It seems characters can go in the second rank if there is no space in the front for other characters + commmand group. That's just an awkward rule... I would have made it so that if there is no room in the front rank, extra characters can't join the unit. But oh well...

How's this? You charge the elves, issue a challenge, kill the character or champion, and suddenly Teclis needs to go in the front rank. Then you kill him. Or try sniping a character so that suddenly he has to be placed in the front rank.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:17 pm

K
The Eldar Guy wrote:I played in a tournament up here just this sat.

My final round was against a HE player with Teclis, in a huge pheonix guard unit (40ish), sitting in the second rank with the first taken up by characters.

A combination of 90 crossbowmen and the -1T/-1S Death spell did the trick. Massacre in my favor.

3rd place because of painting scores. Neutral
They're huge hobbyists up there. Dunno about the actual competition, but they sure care about their soft scores.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by xxbloodfirexx Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:23 pm

Now that my list has had multiple pages dedicated to beating it, time to bring my Chaos Warriors!

xxbloodfirexx
Neophyte

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:08 pm

KingdomCome wrote:
They're huge hobbyists up there. Dunno about the actual competition, but they sure care about their soft scores.

There was no comp score- and the lists, apart from two that I noticed, were far from soft.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:32 pm

i wish they would bring paint painting scores Sad
i always love geetin gthose points Smile
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:19 pm

I hope not. Not everyone has time to paint a single mini. I know I don't. Been thinking about bringing my paints on Wednesdays though, when there is down time between games.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:42 pm

xxbloodfirexx wrote:Now that my list has had multiple pages dedicated to beating it, time to bring my Chaos Warriors!

ROFL Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:46 pm

I played in a tournament up here just this sat.

My final round was against a HE player with Teclis, in a huge pheonix guard unit (40ish), sitting in the second rank with the first taken up by characters.

A combination of 90 crossbowmen and the -1T/-1S Death spell did the trick. Massacre in my favor.

3rd place because of painting scores. Neutral

Clearly shooting at that list is the best way to beat it. There's only so much punishment the unit can take. Once the rank and file are gone, whittled down, even the tooled up heroes will die.

Question though, Chris, did the dude take the standard that gives all shooting -1 to hit them ? Because then your Crossbows would be hitting on 6s at long range or 5's at short range. That means that at long range you'd get about 15 hits, wound on 8 of them, he saves 1 from armour and 3 or 4 from ward saves, you'd kill about 3 or 4 of them per turn. Once he got closer the stats would be better, but repeaters only have a 12 inch short range. By that time, he's already mixed in with something.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:49 pm

I bet he took the one to give him more power dice.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:19 pm

Ovich wrote:
Question though, Chris, did the dude take the standard that gives all shooting -1 to hit them ?

What standard gives shooting -1 to hit?
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:24 pm

@Matt - Everyone is trying out stuff for 8th edition. Rob's only played that list for about 1.5 months. This thread and stir started after the tourney last month. You ran a nasty Slann+EoTG+EoTG list for quite some time with very few loses...... I'm going to stop there.

@Chris - Your work is great, but incomplete. Base coat everyone and go back and wet wash each over time to improve them.

High Elven Sacred Incense on a character gives -1 twords shooting at him or his unit.

@Rob - ROFL

ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:41 pm

jspyd3rx wrote:I hope not. Not everyone has time to paint a single mini. I know I don't. Been thinking about bringing my paints on Wednesdays though, when there is down time between games.

ITS NOT THAT HARD TO PAINT 200 POINTS*sorry for caps*
hell im at work 90% of my time
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:50 pm

It's a family thing, not so much a work time one.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:59 pm

its about the same point Razz
o shameless plug but this weds is a apoc game starting about 1
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:11 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:@Matt - Everyone is trying out stuff for 8th edition. Rob's only played that list for about 1.5 months. This thread and stir started after the tourney last month. You ran a nasty Slann+EoTG+EoTG list for quite some time with very few loses...... I'm going to stop there.

Yeah, I did, when I just started out with lizzies. Once I realized double Engine was over the top, I downgraded one to an ancient. I also ended up running the Slann on his own a lot rather than in TG.

I'm actually jealous that everyone gets to discover 8th ed together and try out new things. It's definitely the time to do it, when what's good and what isn't is still up in the air. It does seem though that our community agrees that Teclis is pretty unbalanced.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Diosamblet wrote:
Autarch (CM) wrote:Is our group too small to turn down a game, or too small to play a list like that?

I think Cesar really hit the nail on the head with this one. Normally a really tough list gets balanced out because it isn't good against all armies or against other really tough lists. Our pool of players (and thus armies), isn't big enough.

I'm flattered. Thank you.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:10 pm

KingdomCome wrote:

Wow. Ignorance followed by bitterness. I'll try to address this point for point. Skaven against skaven is a mirror match. They are one of the few blessed army books that can make multiple builds, but the bottom line is they're still skaven. How much fun could it possibly be to play skaVen vs skaven all the time? Not very. The 40k players jumping on the fantasy bandwagon? So you don't want to play more people? Fantasy finally has solid AND fun rules and you're bitter because people want to play? Get over yourself. You're not the only one that wants to play this game and you shouldn't get on peoples case just because they do want to play.
Oh and fyi only two people played blood angles prior to the new book because they SUCKED. Go ahead tell me differently. They got a very good book and you expect people not to play? Once again get over yourself.
If you don't want to play against Teclis at the cost of losing a tournament game because its bullshit, I don't know what to tell you. You seem like the none competitive type and instead enjoy more fluff. Nothing wrong with that, but there's also nothing wrong with a guy bringing a Teclis bomb to play with. It's in the book and meant to be used.
If forum fantasy/40k pisses you off, don't read it. People are going to share ideas and if they're good ones , they'll be applied. I'm appalled at the sheer venom and contempt in your post and I hope I'm not the only one that feels this way here.

Max....i am just tired of some crap..no venom...contempt no just stating a fact...if you cant handle facts then bugger off. Also to date each army has several builds you just have to take a deeper look. To date my pure goblin army has done a rather good job against most foes, it does seem to handle it self rather well. All the while i find that my orc heavy army seems to get crushed time and time again when i used them. Or if a recall my dark elves that had a different build then the copy and paste armies out there at the time, did wonderful at ard boyz and a few tournaments at the dragon, and joels, and in a few weeks ago California. Talk to chris, matt, dan, even bill....my dice rolling is what bites me in the ass....more then anything. Well maybe my temperament as well..lol.. I do welcome a challenge but i feel that playing the same bloody fuck list over and over again in different peoples hands rather a bore. If repeation is your thing man, well i am not going to stop you. In fact i more power to you.

As for the rules. I have always found the game enjoyable, main reason for playing for 13 years. Also the point that i am rather horrid in most computer games. I do find this edition rather watered down. I personal rather 5th ed or as the vets and i call it Hero Hammer. If you never had the pleasure of playing a game of it, then you missed out on a lot of fun. A BloodThrister taking out a 3,000 point army by it self....the days of over powered crap and solid rules. My lizard-men back then lost only 2 games out 100. 6th was good, reworked alot of things, made tournaments easier to control and run. 7th had alot of hick ups but it pushed the games to a more static state and easier to figure the winner by army design then ever before. 8th is a simpler game, but does add a few new and old things to the table. My only issuse with this new edition is the lost of Dogs of War. I always like the idea of mercenaries. But this watered down tend in GW games does seem to be tacking place across the board.

It also seems that you took some attack personal, why do you feel that why. Do you feel that i am insulting you? If so then well....too bad. That was not the intent. Also i am not a power gamer, but very competitive. If you do not believe me. i welcome you to play against me some time in fantasy. Playing in every ard boys and just about any tournament for fantasy that i can, would state so. Mind you i can't roll for shit.....and it does go to rpgs aswell sadly.

Oh and Rob i want to see how Teclis handles 200 shots a turn at his ass, from bolt throwers and alot of repeater crossbowmen. Mad

also why would it be rats vs rats all the time...shit i have at lest 4 different armies standing at 3,000 points.

again sorry if you thought that i was being an ass....
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:11 pm

Autarch (CM) wrote:
Diosamblet wrote:

I think Cesar really hit the nail on the head with this one. Normally a really tough list gets balanced out because it isn't good against all armies or against other really tough lists. Our pool of players (and thus armies), isn't big enough.

I'm flattered. Thank you.

hopefully with the new influx of people we will see at large group that will hopefully make it to the tournaments so i can stop bitching...lol Very Happy
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:49 pm

I have to say nate, your tone does come off a bit obtrusive
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:52 pm

hehe obtrusive... had to look the word up in a dictionary
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:12 am

@Dakai
The only retort I have is this, you didn't state a single fact. Only strong opinions. Everyone is entitled to what they think. With that said, I'll extend the olive branch and kill this from my side. I felt a certain way, you feel a certain way. Let's move on and continue to love our plastics.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:22 am

Say Nate, coming in Wednesday? Is that all goblin army on spiders? I would really love to see it. BTW Nate, I forgot that was you. Knowing you, I took a lot of what you said out of context. You have told me about a lot of your frustrations from 7th to 8th and 4th 40k to 5th edition so I know you don't mean any insult to anyone.

Last edited by jspyd3rx on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:27 am

I find that gobbos are actually nastier than orcs. Is it me or is little waaaagh magic better than big waaaagh magic?
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:43 am

KingdomCome wrote:I find that gobbos are actually nastier than orcs. Is it me or is little waaaagh magic better than big waaaagh magic?

Bash 'em Lads, Fists and Warpath are absolutely fantastic spells in the Big Waaagh, and are hard to pass up.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:30 am

EadButt is amazing now with 8th and all the characters floating arround, little waagh. With 8th ed the Little Waagh spells are actually possible to cast now !

Also, with the Stank no longer immune to magic..Mork wants ya is gold against it.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next