The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killin Teclis *suggestions*

+10
Diosamblet
The Eldar Guy
Autarch (CM)
xxbloodfirexx
Ovich
KingdomCome
luis the young
Garry
ShadowMaster
jspyd3rx
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Killin Teclis *suggestions* - Page 4 Empty Re: Killin Teclis *suggestions*

Post by Dakai Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:10 am

KingdomCome wrote:I find that gobbos are actually nastier than orcs. Is it me or is little waaaagh magic better than big waaaagh magic?

olive branch as well. and yes but the fact that i use gobbos in units of 35-50 strong. Steadfast or horde rule demanding on what is called for. along with a butt load of artillery and as many fanatics as i can sneak in. i use 3 goblin wizards, along with a lord with the sorocers hat (level 2 goblin that can fight some what) just to see what i get, give you it is random lore, which means i use a d8 but still....lore of beast, death, fire, hell even life to add a goblin heavy army. one word fucking-fanatic!!!! Now i do not get the +4 to dispel but if i fuck up a dispel, i can just jump to another mage. also i will have 4 channels. Dispel Scroll and Feed back scroll as well. Very Happy

I am thinking about using azhag in stead of my 3 night goblins lords but still i can not find my self wanting to spend 90 dollars...ok i do own two bane blades but that is different. After class i will be showing up...which will be around the time joels, i get out of class at 9 am. More then likely i will have my warriors of chaos or my Treachery and Greed List with me and some paint. Um if you want a game in look over the Treachery and Greed list go to. www.treacheryandgreed.com click on army lists, then the mercenary company list.

oh on ways to kill teclis...i would say use these to spells. You do not get saves from them. Wither -1 toughness, if takes a model to 0 the model is killed out right or if your using chaos: mark of Nurgle: Curse of the Leaper. or take two hellcannons hope to roll a 3 on the misfire chart and take the infernal puppet...... bye bye pointy ear pain in our asses. Very Happy
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:34 am

luis the young wrote:EadButt is amazing now with 8th and all the characters floating arround, little waagh. With 8th ed the Little Waagh spells are actually possible to cast now !

Also, with the Stank no longer immune to magic..Mork wants ya is gold against it.

I think we both established it would be great to know both lores entirely, at this point. Mork wants ya is fantastic, so is Gork'll Fix it Razz
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:59 pm

so true
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:18 pm

I may be a little biased as an empire player, but why would you upgrade the stank to toughness 10, but then make it very vulnerable to magic ?

It just seems a bit silly to me. Leave the thing at toughness 6 and keep the magic rules the same.. it was fine the way it was.

What competitive list is going to feature the stank now, with things like pit of shades, purple sun, and basically ALL the lore of metal spells, out there ?

The stank is one of those very few things like the great cannon that actually puts a little fear in the enemies of the empire. Now if you pay the 300 points for it, you have to pretty much hope the enemy does not take any of those lores that can wreck it.

To me it's a bigger gamble taking it than it was before. Sure if your enemy doesn't have the right magic you can seriously fuck people up with it, but if they do have the right magic, once spell can send 300 points down the toilet.

Sorry about the thread jack.. just had to get that out. Sad
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Argh, wish I could play today. Making sure I can be there next Wednesday. Really hope I can play a HE army so I have real justification to bitch. Wouldn't mind playing a list with steamtanks either. Then road leads to lizards with slann I believe. Can't wait to be like OMFGBrokenCheeseShit!
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:14 am

Hmm, found this tid-bit of info.

"Teclis DOES NOT get to pick his lore before every game, it has to be put in his army roster like every other caster.

Page 134 Sidebar

At the time of writing, some warhammer army books contain a different army selection system from the one presented here. However in a one-off contradiction to the principle stated under basic rules and advanced rules (see page 11), the system included here replaces and takes precedence over whatever system is printed in your warhammer armies book.

Page 134 says the caster must select the lore in their army roster.

According to 134 also, you ignore the fact that Teclis gets to pick before the battle because in this one instance, BRB trumps the army book."

Now, i read the High Elf FAQ, and nowhere does it says that Teclis get sto pick his magic Lore based on the opponet he is facing just before the game. Looks like he is restricted in that way like all the other Mages.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:22 am

Could this be a thing only interpreting things that is best for you? Either way, I heard the one guy currently running HEs runs the same lore anyway.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by xxbloodfirexx Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:38 am

All I have to say is this thread seriously needs to die a horrible death

xxbloodfirexx
Neophyte

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:40 am

jspyd3rx wrote:Could this be a thing only interpreting things that is best for you? Either way, I heard the one guy currently running HEs runs the same lore anyway.

Well, he pretty much gets off any spell he casts cause of the double irressistibles he can get that dont count as miscasts, and ignoring the first miscast, if he has to choose his lore at the time of army building, then it would help balance him a lot.
Page 134 on the army buliding guides says that mages have to pick the lore they are going to use at the time they are building their list, the sidebar note says that the BRB takes precedence over the army book in those cases, unless it was FAQd.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:41 am

xxbloodfirexx wrote:All I have to say is this thread seriously needs to die a horrible death

Lol, you should feel proud that we are all breaking our heads on how to deal with that T2 magical wonder ahole Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:01 pm

luis the young wrote:
xxbloodfirexx wrote:All I have to say is this thread seriously needs to die a horrible death

Lol, you should feel proud that we are all breaking our heads on how to deal with that T2 magical wonder ahole Killin Teclis *suggestions* - Page 4 Icon_smile

Thats what I told him. I hope I don't play Rob on Sunday.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:26 pm

In the end we couldnt kill the pointy eared freak, even though i landed a WarpLighting shot right on his head, the bastard convinced his butt-buddy from the Phoenix guard to jump up and take the hit for him Sad
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:10 pm

So after six pages, no one could down him. Hehe, tough nugget that one.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4