The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Hype!

+16
Abaddon
Warbird
scurrdi
jerryb
ShadowMaster
Dice_Runt
Ovich
zephel
rokassan
jspyd3rx
Vycem
Kyle
Hurricane
Quincilla767
Frantic
KingdomCome
20 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Infinity Hype! - Page 5 Empty Re: Infinity Hype!

Post by Kyle Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Yup for years now they have not really ever missed a month, generally releasing 4 new units each month. Lot of times they also put out new units that aren't in the books and they constantly update the pdf's on their site with the rules for said units.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:32 pm

God, it's going to be next month that I can go back to playing war-games. Should all be painted by then I hope. O ly nine models, how hard could it be, hehe.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:55 pm

Ack! Just got some models in from FRP Games. They have an eBay store. It took about 6 business days. Only issue I have is that they are TOO FREAKING DETAILED! I mean holy 5h1t! Actually holding these models in hand, I am very itimidated. I had a feeling this would be the case and just received my jewler's magnifying goggles:)
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:07 pm

That's pro. The models are excellent.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:18 pm

jspyd3rx wrote:Ack! Just got some models in from FRP Games. They have an eBay store. It took about 6 business days. Only issue I have is that they are TOO FREAKING DETAILED! I mean holy 5h1t! Actually holding these models in hand, I am very itimidated. I had a feeling this would be the case and just received my jewler's magnifying goggles:)

Yea they are also true 28mm so they are also smaller than GW figs and very detailed. The size and scale also makes some of the models in the line a pain in the ass to put together with lots of tiny bits to put on and they can be fragile to play with.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:18 pm

WM/H models also seem more detailed. I've been impressed by the sculpt quality. These seem similar.

I'm pretty sure I can proxy some retribution one day to try this out.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Naw, I picked up some WM models. The infinity models are a lot smaller and way more detailed. Will start tomorrow on one and post pics as well as some for scale.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:37 am

I've read on some other forums complaints regarding the extreme difficulty of getting past the attacks of opportunity that the opponent gets to make when you enter their zone.

It seems that some people have felt that the only way to really be able to play the game fairly is with massive amounts of terrain on the board, realistically no more than 8 inches of open space anywhere.

I've also read that to have fun, you must play with scenarios, because if you just play kill the other side, the team that stays hunkered down and waits for you to come is usually the winner.

What have you guys seen so far ? Any truth to this ? I'm asking because I don't want to get involved in a game that would require massive amounts of terrain to play. I've always been a big scenario fan, so the other aspect doesn't bother me.

Kyle, since you've played the most so far, your input would be helpful.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:51 am

From the games I've played I'd say that's more or less true. I haven't played any scenarios yet but you definitely have to be real careful when you move from one position to another.

Lots of terrain is essential.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:57 am

Well it says in the rules the more terrain the better. No more than ten inches apart or so. The opposing players "zone of control" is 8 inches. If you enter his space (without certain abilities) they automatically turn to face your direction. Obviously, you wouldn't run in front of a group going herp a derp I'm going to shoot you. You'll get plowed in the face. There are way of getting around this. Smoke grenades are a good example. Combat dropping behind the enemy outside of their ZOC and pew pewing. Camo sniping. Sacrificing one of your figs for a nasty template weapon if they are bunched up.... That's the whole point of the game. There are almost limitless tactical options for almost limitless situations.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:45 am

Hmm... I can't look at the sight from school. Are guys playing this at Joel's?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:49 am

We will be shortly, we're just getting our figs together. For now it's proxy games.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:55 am

Ovich wrote:I've read on some other forums complaints regarding the extreme difficulty of getting past the attacks of opportunity that the opponent gets to make when you enter their zone.

It seems that some people have felt that the only way to really be able to play the game fairly is with massive amounts of terrain on the board, realistically no more than 8 inches of open space anywhere.

I've also read that to have fun, you must play with scenarios, because if you just play kill the other side, the team that stays hunkered down and waits for you to come is usually the winner.

What have you guys seen so far ? Any truth to this ? I'm asking because I don't want to get involved in a game that would require massive amounts of terrain to play. I've always been a big scenario fan, so the other aspect doesn't bother me.

Kyle, since you've played the most so far, your input would be helpful.

It's true, and it's a complaint that you see generally because it's massively different from other games people play.

Infinity is meant to be pretty realistic in combat, and being out in the open is completely unrealistic and gonna get you killed. Many people who get into the game at first play it like it was 40k and they go "WTF" at how deadly doing anything in the game is.

So yes the game recommends using lot of terrain, and generally more complex terrain is going to be required because this is a skirmish game and not an anstract wargame. True line of sight is true, and it has realistic opponent reaction system. It's a shooting game and running out in the open or charging someone with a chain sword usually means you are dead.

Also realize that the game being skirmish generally will be played on a smaller table, so while you might have more terrain needs for the game, it is also on a smaller board so stuff gets closer together.

As for hunkering down, well yes it happens, but that is why players have tons of options at their disposal. You got lot of sneaky units, stealth camo, infiltration, airdropping units, etc. You also can pull out artillery units, that is why I like to usually pack grenade launchers to basically force players out of their cover positions. Game has lots of options you can mess around with, but yes it is a more realistic combat game in the sense that shooting is king and your every move has to be made carefully.

Scenarios are a good thing to try to play around with if you want, and another good thing is to simply put in a timer into the game.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:19 pm

So could you be dug in and shoot grenades into your opponent while they do the same to you?
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Depends on situation, there are limits to what can be done as reaction, and generally you react to opponents you can see. Though if you can see an opponent lobbing a nade at you or such, you can respond by shooting at him, tossing something at them, diving for cover, etc.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:19 pm

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2011/04/14/45647#comments

Preview of this month's releases with descriptions. Yup Nomads continue to be the epitome of perverted weaboo nuts, they have actually created living furries.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:18 pm

Saw this and thought of you Infinity guys. This seems like the ideal terrain

http://www.flickr.com/photos/inrepose/4550799860/in/photostream/

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 231
Armies : FOW: US Paras (Late War) WOTR: Elves
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:44 pm

Warbird wrote:Saw this and thought of you Infinity guys. This seems like the ideal terrain

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/inrepose/4550799860/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/inrepose/4550799860/in/photostream/[/quote[/url]]

OMG I want that!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:25 pm

Warbird wrote:Saw this and thought of you Infinity guys. This seems like the ideal terrain

http://www.flickr.com/photos/inrepose/4550799860/in/photostream/
Wow Rob! If we had that at sunshine, we would probably be able to promote infinity better and have a strong player base in no time flat. That's an awesome board.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:31 pm

If you build it they will come...
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:40 pm

On a side note, this thread has over 1000 views and over 120 replies!
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:32 am

Holy crap that board is awesome. I wouldn't know where to begin or if that will ever be possible in our club. Gonna hit some hobby shops around pinecrest and us1. Mostly train stuff, though might have great terrain stuff we can use.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:47 am

You guys are impressed with that terrain?!

A lot better job could be done. The Brits usually have top draw terrain, so I was bit disappointed when I saw the pic's.

It's okay and serviceable, but...

Let me when you play next. I bring by my AT-43 terrain. 28mm right?
It's not as elaborate, but I was just starting to develop Sci-Fi industrial terrain and it can give you an idea as to what can be done.

jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:54 am

I will do
My best to be there early wednsday. Who is in? Obvious with proxies are ok.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:06 am

jerryb wrote:You guys are impressed with that terrain?!

A lot better job could be done. The Brits usually have top draw terrain, so I was bit disappointed when I saw the pic's.

It's okay and serviceable, but...

Let me when you play next. I bring by my AT-43 terrain. 28mm right?
It's not as elaborate, but I was just starting to develop Sci-Fi industrial terrain and it can give you an idea as to what can be done.

Are we looking at the same pics? The asian billboards. The park sculpture and fountain. The round apartment building. All the interior design.
It's a little bit too white for my taste, but you can't argue with the incredible details.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next