The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Hype!

+16
Abaddon
Warbird
scurrdi
jerryb
ShadowMaster
Dice_Runt
Ovich
zephel
rokassan
jspyd3rx
Vycem
Kyle
Hurricane
Quincilla767
Frantic
KingdomCome
20 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Infinity Hype! - Page 6 Empty Re: Infinity Hype!

Post by KingdomCome Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:47 am

jspyd3rx wrote:I will do
My best to be there early wednsday. Who is in? Obvious with proxies are ok.

As long as I'm not called in to work I'll be there. I'll text you the night before or day of to confirm.

Last edited by KingdomCome on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:50 am

Awesome sauce!
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 am

Yes, there is certainly no doubt a lot of coverage. To me it looks like shoe boxes with windows and railroad trimmings.

I am not saying I have the best terrain. Let's meet and I show what I have, what can be done and you decide. Bring a camera and take pictures so the example can be posted here to share (I don't have a camera). Most importantly this is a "work in progress" that was for AT-43 that has similar aspects. I am not finished.

I plan on giving some of this terrain to Frantic, so if you like it, he can bring it along, the details can be discussed with him.

If it meets you approval, this could really jump start the Infinity crowd.
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:07 am

Why not jump in yourself Jerry? You could proxy with some of your AT-43 stuff. I know balance has always been a big pet peeve of yours and this is supposed to be the best balanced game.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:28 am

The look of the terrain is meaningless, it's all about how useful the terrain is.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Kyle wrote:The look of the terrain is meaningless, it's all about how useful the terrain is.

Gotta say my man I don't totally agree with that. I feel like there needs to be a happy medium. The look of the terrain helps to make the game feel more real. It gives you a sense of setting. Sure, terrain needs to provide the function of providing cover, blocking fire lanes, creating bottlenecks ect. But, at the same time I want those pieces to look as good as possible. If we didn't care about how the terrain looked then it really would not matter what the models looked like either. I agree function is very important, but form is equally important. At least to me! Very Happy

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 231
Armies : FOW: US Paras (Late War) WOTR: Elves
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Warbird wrote:
Kyle wrote:The look of the terrain is meaningless, it's all about how useful the terrain is.

Gotta say my man I don't totally agree with that. I feel like there needs to be a happy medium. The look of the terrain helps to make the game feel more real. It gives you a sense of setting. Sure, terrain needs to provide the function of providing cover, blocking fire lanes, creating bottlenecks ect. But, at the same time I want those pieces to look as good as possible. If we didn't care about how the terrain looked then it really would not matter what the models looked like either. I agree function is very important, but form is equally important. At least to me! Very Happy

I agree. Terrain has to look good. But I do think functionality is more important than appearance.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:31 pm

And on a more cheerful note I been looking quite hard at the the Ariadna force. Can't really argue with the awesomeness of playing William Wallace.

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 231
Armies : FOW: US Paras (Late War) WOTR: Elves
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Cheap ariadna starter at ccgarmory.com , or you can proxy first. Let me know if you'd like a demo game.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:55 pm

No one is playing Yu Jing? Do they suck or people just dont find them interesting?

Yes, I know Bill. I like the squinty eyed gooks.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:23 pm

Sorry, I can't agree on this statement at all. You can have BOTH practical terrain that also looks good. It is very possible, so anything short of this objective devalues the gaming experience.

If looks were not important, then we would all get a bag of GI Joe green soldiers at the dollar store and use crumpled newspaper for terrain.
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Abaddon wrote:No one is playing Yu Jing? Do they suck or people just dont find them interesting?

Nothing wrong with Yu Jing. Just everybody prefers something else. They have cool units, but so does everyone else.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Abaddon wrote:No one is playing Yu Jing? Do they suck or people just dont find them interesting?

Let's not use racist terms around here. If you can't adopt a philosophy of tolerance, then at least keep your hate to yourself.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:52 pm

He's married to a Japanese woman Bill and has a son. He joking its no big deal. Lets not get too PC.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:56 pm

I play Yu Jing, they work fine.

jerryb wrote:

Sorry, I can't agree on this statement at all. You can have BOTH practical terrain that also looks good. It is very possible, so anything short of this objective devalues the gaming experience.

If looks were not important, then we would all get a bag of GI Joe green soldiers at the dollar store and use crumpled newspaper for terrain.

Obviously I should not have said looks were meaningless, but I find functionality to be the most thing of all else. Too many times I've played on demo tables at conventions that were amazing to look at, but awful for gaming, and the same at various fancy terrain set ups in various stores that often while pretty, were not all that functional and often way to static causing little variety in gaming. Functionality and modularity are two big things for me.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:49 pm

I cant seem make up my mind about which faction I want to get. I am torn between PanO and YJ. I love the whole Japanese thing and of course Miyamoto Musashi. But, from everything I have read, CC is next to worthless in this game and without a crapload of Smoke Miyamoto-sama will never make it to CC.

P.S. I have 2 sons. Hayato and Kazuma. Eric still cant pronounce their names right.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:57 pm

CC is very hard to get into and even units good at CC, will often find it better to just use one their ranged weapons. But even so, the Yu Jing still are very competitive, really all factions are, just don't go into YJ thinking it's a CC army, as it really doesnt work in this game.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:01 am

How are the PanO? I keep reading their are kind of tech heavy and suffer against Nomads or armies that use a lot of hackers.

As for YJ, I see the Hac Tao with HMG or MS being a nightmare to other factions. Not to mention all the other sick HI they have.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:07 am

Yeah sorry about that Javy, maybe if you were around more I would learn their names better! What a Face
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:21 am

Miyamoto is king of cc. The good thing about him is he's cheap and a merc. So he can worm his way into any human army. If you want the direct approach, then yes tons of smoke is the way to go. Personally, I'd take advantage of his martial arts level and sorta make an area of a no go zone for people. If I'm not mistaken his high level of martial arts makes him "invisible" when he enters an enemies zone of control, amongst other things. Very lethal indeed.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:28 pm

Smoke to CC is one of the few methods of getting in close, but it's also not easy. Landing the smoke as you need it can be random and it will usually take a group effort to provide enough smoke for one character to get into CC, that it really often just would be lot more productive and efficient to just shoot or attack from multiple sources.

The idea of smoke your way to close combat, just is not all that effective. Also many units with CC you will find that once you get close enough even with a single smoke, it statistically is better to just shoot (especially with a shotgun) as CC can be dangerous unless you have crazy good abilities.

CC has always been seen as pretty useless in the game unless you can play on a highly dense terrain board, such as building interiors and such. Playing Yu Jing for a couple years and rarely did CC work out, the best results for CC for me were cloaked ninjas, when an enemy would pretty much walk right up to them without knowing, and then hit them with an explosive cc weapon for massive damage.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:26 pm

rokassan wrote:He's married to a Japanese woman Bill and has a son. He joking its no big deal. Lets not get too PC.

Got ya - my appologies.

I like the YJ models best.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:28 pm

Hurricane wrote:Yeah sorry about that Javy, maybe if you were around more I would learn their names better! What a Face

and Id remember you had two boys.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:28 am

NP Bill #2. It's been a long time since I have been on these forums and you probably don't remember Bill(Rokasan) making Asian jokes about my wife.

Last night Eric the cop and I played 2 games. I won the first one with a come from behind win and in the second one, Eric just wiped the floor with me.

A few observations from the 2 games. No matter how tough you think your guy is, he is one lucky gunshot away from death. Case in point my Hac Tao. Also, CC is near impossible to get into. And lastly, never ever leave yourself in the open even if you need the shoot. You are just begging to die.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:39 am

Both games were fun. I thought that I was on my way to victory when I took out 3 schmucks in the first turn of game 1. But it wasn't meant to be. The second game, we played 200pts. I add a Vet. Kazak with a T2 rifle and a doctor. The doctor of course failed to heal my Mormaer and he died. But that T2 rifle is deadly against those 2 wound models! It won me the game.

Last edited by Hurricane on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next