The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Hype!

+16
Abaddon
Warbird
scurrdi
jerryb
ShadowMaster
Dice_Runt
Ovich
zephel
rokassan
jspyd3rx
Vycem
Kyle
Hurricane
Quincilla767
Frantic
KingdomCome
20 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Infinity Hype! - Page 7 Empty Re: Infinity Hype!

Post by Kyle Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:50 am

Games can also take a wild turn suddenly on you if your opponent kills your Lt, it really hurts your chances.

Why you got to protect him/her, but also you don't want to make it too obvious to an opponent who the Lt. is, because then he becomes a major target that the opponent will want to go for. This is why it's also often a good choice to not make your uber best characters that you will be using your armies Lt, as putting them out in front and in danger can be risky, it sometimes is good to make the army Lt. a lower powered/ranked individual who you can afford to keep out of danger.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:07 am

Ooh... so you don't have to reveal who your Lt. is.... interesting.

I have a question about using ARO. You only get one ARO for each order your opponent spends correct? Also, Can you use an ARO when you are the active player... like for example using 2 moves during an order and then reacting to the fire of your opponent?
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:38 am

Frantic wrote:Ooh... so you don't have to reveal who your Lt. is.... interesting.

I have a question about using ARO. You only get one ARO for each order your opponent spends correct? Also, Can you use an ARO when you are the active player... like for example using 2 moves during an order and then reacting to the fire of your opponent?

ARO is only done by the reactive player, and the reactive players gets to make one ARO (per model) per order made by the active player. Also any amount of figures can take an ARO to a single order by the active player as long as they are elgible (los,lof,zones, etc). So if a dude moves out into the open and there are 4 figs that can take a shot at him with an ARO, they can.

And yes Lt can be kept secret and probably best to do so. On pg 185 of the book it notes that much of your list is to be kept secret including who the Lt is. The LT is a big target so it is a big part of the game in keeping him alive and also playing the guessing game on who the Lt is.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:14 pm

What's preventing your opponent from lying about who the "real" Lt is?

Do you put some type of designation marker on the bottom of the figure, or do you right it down and have it in plain view?
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:27 pm

The etiquette in the books states you have a list handy and you share it at the end of a game. If anyone feels they need to lie about something like that .... dunno what to say. It sort of speaks volumes about the person.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Yea the game expects players to not lie and that they can show each other lists after the game if any issues arise. All players should have their armies completely documented when they play so that things can be checked and verified later.

Also the game has suff like invisible figures and basically requires a person to be very specific on where the figure is. I usually draw a little diagram on a paper and put it face down on the table so that players can see that I am not cheating and reveal it when I reveal my optic camo units.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:04 pm

I think there is an option in the army Builder that you can give your opponent a list with the Camo guys omitted. Then when you reviel the guy you must tell them what they are equiped with, but at no time are you obligated to tell your opponent who your LT is. He will know when you tell him he was just killed.

If the guy a douche like Bill that likes to cheat, then you just kick him in the nuts and never play with him again. Then again it's your fault for trusting a cop. Everyone knows they are as crooked as they come. Wink
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Has anyone played PanO or has played against them? I want to know if they are any good.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:09 pm

PanO are kind of the jack of all trades, they are pretty good at most things. They on average have the highest shooting stats of all the factions so that is a nice bonus. Though every faction seems to excel over the average in some category, it's not game breaking as it's a D20 system and stat differences can amount to simple 10% bonus on average over other factions.

PanO is also known for some of the best TAGs
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:35 pm

I am in love with the Aquila models. Not to mention the Cutter is beyond sick. The one thing that I do notice is that they are weak in WIP and they lack Smoke grenades which i would think would help.

I hate this game I can't make up my mind which faction I want to play. All the models are so nice. One day I am sure I am going to go with YJ and the next I want PanO.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:37 pm

Ok cool, thats how I've been playing it. I like that I can hide my LT tho >Smile
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:16 am

Abaddon wrote:I think there is an option in the army Builder that you can give your opponent a list with the Camo guys omitted. Then when you reviel the guy you must tell them what they are equiped with, but at no time are you obligated to tell your opponent who your LT is. He will know when you tell him he was just killed.

If the guy a douche like Bill that likes to cheat, then you just kick him in the nuts and never plersion ay with him again. Then again it's your fault for trusting a cop. Everyone knows they are as crooked as they come. Wink

Which version are you running - AB2 or AB3?
Do you have a link to the game file for the AB app?

THX
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:43 am

The builder is on the infinity main site. AB doesn't have anything yet.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:50 pm

It is done. I finally settled on Pan-O and placed my order today. Can't wait for them to come in so I can start painting them. cheers
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:10 pm

Over two weeks waiting on maelstrom Sad Btw, lovin the idea of hidden units.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:59 am

Ya...I placed my order with Maelstrom 2 weeks ago and still nothing Sad They are the cheapest but they are slow! I would have ordered it from the war store but they where out of stock and FRP games charges to much for shipping and the take forever also.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:02 pm

And Minature Market drop the product line, correct? Which is odd if true, they still carry Mage Knight!

jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Ya they did... sad. Miniature Market is the best place I've dealt with online. To bad they don't carry it anymore Sad

So, are people still going to sunshine for some infinity today? If so around what time should I be there?
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:08 pm

miniaturemarket while having good service and prices, constantly jump on any game that comes out and will drop it a few months later if it didn't do well too them. I used them as my main source for several games that they dumped.

They dropped Spartan games products and then like 6 months later they brought them back after liquidating their original stocks.

They tend to carry lot of CMG products, as that was what they originally were, a site that sold nothing but CMG singles, and they still deal heavily in that.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:23 pm

Oh Snap, crackle, and pop! My stuff finally arrived... after a month... from the warstore!
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:34 pm

I am currently very sick and still awaiting some minis. Hopefully by next week. I do want to look into building some building terrain from foamboard.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:56 pm

I am not joking Minature Market STILL carries Mage Knight! Why not infinity?
Don't believe me check it out:

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/mage_knight

Frantic, I will be there with terrain. Some of which I will give you. Also I bring the AT-43 stuff.
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:50 pm

Mage Knight still sells well because the figs are perfect proxies for Dungeons and Dragons miniatures which WOTC no longer is making. People buy MK figs and snap them off the base and put them on square bases for RPG use, and they can get many of them cheaper than similar OOP WOTC figs. They also buy lot of the product off liquidation sales (they just started carrying Alkemy, a game that died a year ago). Though really I think they simply are just stuck with tons of stock they can't get rid of, they have tons of clix for all games and that was their primary business years ago. They also no longer buy or take in Mage Knight figures, surprised that they just haven't tried to clearance them even more than they are now.

Infinity has the problem that it's hard to get here with supposedly only one distributor in the US at the moment. The prices are pretty high so the retailers even online can't offer major discounts on the product, and when stuff goes out of stock it can take a long time to get more. Distributors are also only going to reorder more Inifinity when theres enough out of stock and demand because they have to order and import the stuff from Spain. It's just a pain in the ass product to carry here.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Ordered my stuff last night and it was all shipped today from The Warstore. It will be arriving on monday and then I will begin painting my Pan-O.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Just got back from Sunshine for the first Infinity game. Huge turnout. Joel had to closed the store for the first time in Sunshine's history, due to overcrowding from the Infinity players, otherwise he would have exceeded occupancy limits.

Frantic took picture of the terrain, hopefully he will post soon.
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next