The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believe it or not Im gonna run an Apocalypse battle.

+14
Vycem
Dr. Love
The Eldar Guy
scurrdi
Warlord Solskritt
feen039
ImAShakiraholic
DarkAngel_Cesar
luis the young
Michaelharmon
Feros_Ironfeld
Plague30
Ovich
rokassan
18 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Believe it or not Im gonna run an Apocalypse battle. - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe it or not Im gonna run an Apocalypse battle.

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:58 am

I'm not going to be there myself, but I really like where you guys are going with the firing into allies. I think though that Bill was spot on with the if you miss you have a chance of hitting your allies.
This is mainly due to Space Marines having a good Ballistic skill and well the fluff has them as crack shots. In that case I would say take your misses and reroll the misses to hit your allies. That way you can say it was a well aimed shot without regaurds to the Eldar or space marine that may have interposed himself into the shot or been behind the target when you popped off the round. Just my two cents.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Believe it or not Im gonna run an Apocalypse battle. - Page 4 Empty Re: Believe it or not Im gonna run an Apocalypse battle.

Post by rokassan Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 pm

I like it.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:56 pm

Same, taking the misses and rerolling them to hits seems like a quick and easy way to do it.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:26 pm

Just makes sense seeing as Space Marines are kick ass shots and Eldar aren't any slouches either.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:14 pm

So how are the sides looking? Are they evening out? I'm still up for either, although going for the Imperium lets me do my sisters (I almost have their rhino ready, wooot).

Plus I was thinking...couldn't teammembers with the same type of army (e.g. guard, marines, etc) co-ordinate their troops to bring formations into effect? In other words, my guardsmen have a Russ, couldn't my Russ come in alongside two others from other players to make that Formation?

I think it'd be kind of neat to have shared player formations...it would represent troops assigned to task forces for this battle but struggling with their loyalty for their original unit. Command tank gives the order to target a specific enemy, but the individual tank commander ignores that order in favor of helping his own comrades, etc.

Just musing out loud and putting it out there, see if we can get some pre-emptive co-ordination for the event.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:39 am

Joel told me it'll be $10 per person meaning we'll have $150 in prize support. Ill be adding blisters as well. Some of the classic raptors, Chaos termies and some IG special characters and whatever else I can dig up.
Also the rounds will be 25 minutes long. Meaning it'll be timed so we wont be playing until the middle of the week.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:50 am

Bad Guys
1)Luis:Luis the young-Orks
2)Plague30:Eddie-Chaos
3)Dr. love:Cosmo-Orks
4)Vycem:Enrde-Traitor Guard
5)Ovich:Stephan-Iron Warriors

"Good Guys"
1)Cesar:Dark Angel Cesar-Dark Angels
2)Juan Carlos: Skolscrit-Loyal Guard
3)Eldar Guy:Chris-Eldar
4)feen39:George-Eldar
5)Brotherbrian:Brian-IG/Ultra Marines

As of now were gonna do 7500 points per side. Thats 1500 points per player. Endre your still a traitor as Brian has joined the Loyalists.
For the rule of shooting into hand to hand we'll do it like this...when you fire into hand to hand you will reroll misses. If you miss a second time you hit your own side. This means troops with better ballistic skills will have less of a chance of hitting their allies. You cannot shoot into hand to hand if your own troops or any army of the same race is involved. That means IG wont fire into a melee involving Sisters,Space Marines ect. I dont think I need to explain further.
What do you guys think?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:41 pm

Sweet. I'm down with this. I like the firing into allies rule. It's present without being too overwhelmingly risky, and it will tempt us to take potshots, which considering the 40k fluff, it's not uncharacteristic.

Can we have a rule that if too many loyalists fire into IG allies, the troopers can switch sides and join me? ("Captain, nooooooooo!!!!") J/k

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:32 pm

Questions:

1. Since it's Apocalypse, this does mean no force org. chart, correct?
2. How does strategic assets work? Can we buy them at 250 pts a pop? (THat's about as much as the book prices them)
3. Personal question: Since I'm traitor, can I use Count As special characters from the IG codex? Obviously I can't use famous heroes of the imperium, but can I use a character with those stats/rules but have them as a Chaos character with different fluff?

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BrotherBrian Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:38 pm

Sweet. Gotta tell the boss I'll be busy and I'm all set.
Looks like I'll be painting all September.
BrotherBrian
BrotherBrian
Slave

Male
Number of posts : 5
Armies : Ultra Marines, Guard, Dwarfs
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:45 pm

Vycem wrote:Questions:

1. Since it's Apocalypse, this does mean no force org. chart, correct?
2. How does strategic assets work? Can we buy them at 250 pts a pop? (THat's about as much as the book prices them)
3. Personal question: Since I'm traitor, can I use Count As special characters from the IG codex? Obviously I can't use famous heroes of the imperium, but can I use a character with those stats/rules but have them as a Chaos character with different fluff?

1)no force organization, but lets keep it reasonable.
2)1 asset per player.
3)Sure
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:49 pm

Bad Guys

"Good Guys"

Here are the sides. Im gonna leave it opened for more players until September 5th(Friday). Then Im gonna lock it down. So if your interested let me know people. Also if you say your gonna come please come. Dont say you are and then not show up. Its rude and inconsiderate and I dont forget shit. If you have family issues or something then thats another story, but dont just not show up cause you didnt feel like it or "Forgot".
So as of now its 1500 points per player. Let me see some army lists so I have an idea as to what we will have.
Does anyone have any of the big shit their gonna bring or fliers. Let me know.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:43 pm

Take pics guys remember the foreigners want to observe.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:22 pm

Heheh, I think since it's the second time the typo happened, I should point out my name is "Endre"

rokassan wrote:Bad Guys

"Good Guys"

Here are the sides. Im gonna leave it opened for more players until September 5th(Friday). Then Im gonna lock it down. So if your interested let me know people. Also if you say your gonna come please come. Dont say you are and then not show up. Its rude and inconsiderate and I dont forget shit. If you have family issues or something then thats another story, but dont just not show up cause you didnt feel like it or "Forgot".
So as of now its 1500 points per player. Let me see some army lists so I have an idea as to what we will have.
Does anyone have any of the big shit their gonna bring or fliers. Let me know.

Vycem
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:28 am

Hey i am down to go but all i will be able to muster i think will be an unpainted squad of zerkers + champ and MAYBE a Demon prince with wings, also unpainted. oh i can bring some regular unpainted CSMs too. so Bill, if it's cool with you, i may have to unleash the forces of Grandfather Nurgle.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 192
Armies : Chaos
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:33 am

Dont think i'll be able to make it. Wife sprung a couple of surprises on me for that weekend. If anything changes i'll let you know
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Plague30 wrote:Hey i am down to go but all i will be able to muster i think will be an unpainted squad of zerkers + champ and MAYBE a Demon prince with wings, also unpainted. oh i can bring some regular unpainted CSMs too. so Bill, if it's cool with you, i may have to unleash the forces of Grandfather Nurgle.

Make your list Eddie and they will come.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:32 pm

luis the young wrote:Dont think i'll be able to make it. Wife sprung a couple of surprises on me for that weekend. If anything changes i'll let you know

let me know as soon as possible. I hope you can make it though.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:00 pm

me to ! i love those apoc battles
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:51 pm

shit shit shit. what is the date of this apoc battle? sunday? saturday? a client just gave me tickets for the UM v. UF game and the Fins v. Jets home opener (club seats!). i am elated and fucking pissed at the same time. when is this going down and at what time?
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:51 pm

Plauge30! WTF I NEED TO GO WITH YOU TO THE DOLPHINS GAME IT WOULD BE THE GREATEST 23RD BIRTHDAY PRESENT OF MY LIFE!! ZOMG!!! OR I CAN BUY THEM FOR YOU PLEASE!!!

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:28 pm

U R TEH GAY!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:37 pm

Hey max! Go run a 40k tourney oh wait! you don't anymore cause your a little whiney bitch! Don't mess with a man and his Football! FUCK OFF! TEH UBER GAY! =p lol!

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:24 pm

The Apoc battle is the 20th(Saturday) of September at 11am.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:20 am

rokassan wrote:The Apoc battle is the 20th(Saturday) of September at 11am.

sweet i'm in. awesome
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next