The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RANT: We need venue alternatives!

+22
grix
Dan
Diosamblet
rokassan
Death_Company_Orks
hliddle
Kyle
luis the young
DarkAngel_Cesar
jerryb
ptlax23
Hurricane
ImAShakiraholic
chef xenos
The Eldar Guy
feen039
Valhalla114
scurrdi
NurgleNick
Ovich
ShadowMaster
Vycem
26 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

RANT: We need venue alternatives! - Page 7 Empty Re: RANT: We need venue alternatives!

Post by The Eldar Guy Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:25 am

Declaring a draw every game does nothing.

The only thing that effects it is if people chose not to collect.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

RANT: We need venue alternatives! - Page 7 Empty Re: RANT: We need venue alternatives!

Post by ptlax23 Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:55 am

I just don't see why u wouldn't take the points, pay $2 for nothing or pay $2 for points, granted if ur playing two game systems a day then fine, its a new option but pretty much worthless
ptlax23
ptlax23
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 126
Armies : Black Templars,Grey Knights, Skaven,Bretonnians
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:10 pm

ROFL so thats why Gabe left sunshine. LoL that shit's to funny....

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:18 pm

DarkAngel, Gabe did leave for the League fee.

Eldar, do not agree, if everyone declared a draw it would destroy the ponzi scam, I have done math, see my early post on the numbers. But to get everyone to agree on calling draw, that is impossible.

I am going with the table fee, I am never playing the league EVER!

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:33 pm

jerry apperently Gabe left us cause he orderd some product and then didn't want it when it arrived and Joel pretty much told him he had to buy it or however the story goes, got upset about it and left the store...meh no big deal IMO.

--C

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:39 pm

How is it different? I wrote it at length:

ex. 1:
Two dudes play 10 games.
Player A loses 10 games. Earns 50 points.
Player B wins 10 games. Earns 150 points.

Total points accumilated: 200.
Player B earns points faster and gets more bang for his buck, but Player A makes up for that in earning points slower.

ex. 2:
Two dudes play 10 games.
Player A ties 10 games. Earns 100 points.
Player B ties 10 games. Earns 100 points.
Total points accumulated: 200.

I don't see the difference. From Joel's standpoint it doesn't make a difference. Yes, it sucks to lose.

Instead of this so called "League," everyone could earn just 10 points per game regardless of w/l/t (to a max of 3) after paying their $2. It wouldn't make a difference to joel in terms of profit, it would be easier to keep track of, and wouldn't have all this drama shit attached.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:57 pm

jerryb wrote:DarkAngel, Gabe did leave for the League fee.JerryB

For the record Gabe did not leave Sunshine solely for the League fee, if anything League fee was a very minor reason, afterall who can really complain about paying a total of $7-10 to play 4+ hours a day on multiple days of the week in a league that lasts 6 weeks?

I for one couldn't care less if there was a League fee or not and not for one second did I think the fee was excessive of abusive.

- Art

For the sake of clarity I have included an excerpt from an e-mail Gabe sent out to the WM/H community from Sunshine.

[qoute]I will not be running anymore events at Sunshine. The reason why is because the shop is small and uncomfortable. It is always a mess and in disarray. Every Thursday when we showed up for league, we needed to spend time cleaning up Joel's tables. Joel makes many people uncomfortable and is always complaining about how no one buys anything from him. He also charges people a fee to play in the store. I think his customer service is terrible.
The last straw was a weekend when we had a scheduled tournament and Joel invited people to come play board games and Warhammer and pushed us back into a tiny space in the back of the store. This was a day scheduled for Warmachine/Hordes (first Saturday of every month). We were all very uncomfortable and just ended the tourney and left. We did not feel welcome.[quote]

Make of this what you will but try to avoid jumping to conclusions.

- Art

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 196
Armies : Cygnar and Retribution(Warmachine), Trollblood(Hordes)
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:30 pm

So help me God, all the bullshit on this thread has made me break out the Bible!

"But to what shall I liken this generation? It is like children sitting in the maketplaces and calling to their companions, and saying:

We played the flute for you,
And you did not dance;
We mourned to you,
And you did not lament.'

Luke 7:31-35

Before you ask what the hell does this have to do with all the back and forth on this thread I will quote the great Satchmo, "there are those that if they don't know, you just can't tell them."

Good luck on unthreading this thread. Peace!

- Art

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:12 pm

I like Bread.

Gabe has a point about the tournament play and what days are reserved for what. I have spoken to Joel about times when he brings in other games when he has reserved the day for a particular game system. It's about what brings in the most money and maximizing the people in his store. For that I can understand, but it also hurts the players I feel.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:23 pm

[quote="scurrdi"]I like Bread.[quote]

The foodstuff or the band? From the way your capitalized the word it makes me think the latter, and from this I gather that you are a peace loving romantic. Very Happy

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:27 pm

There's a band called Bread?

Wow, I was just saying something completely random. The foodstuff it is. Very Happy

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

scurrdi wrote:There's a band called Bread?

Wow, I was just saying something completely random. The foodstuff it is. Very Happy

What are you saying, you're not a peace loving romantic!? Razz

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:31 pm

Peace loving? Maybe, though I do play War games. Twisted Evil

Romantic? Maybe... maybe not... I love you

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:36 pm

scurrdi wrote:Peace loving? Maybe, though I do play War games. Twisted Evil

Romantic? Maybe... maybe not... I love you

Wouldn't it have been better to put it this way?

Peace loving? All the time. cheers
On occassion I play War games. Twisted Evil
Romantic? When in the mood. I love you

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:44 pm

See how easy it is people? Rolling Eyes

Why R.ageA.gainstN.on-issueT.opic? Sad

- Art

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:03 pm

[quote="Vycem"]I'd almost be less worked up if Joel was just charging for use of his tables and terrain, then I could kind of justify the expense.[quote]

In my opinion this entire debacle is based on faulty logic. How is charging for the use of tables almost as equally desirable as being charged the same amount for league play when you won't get anything in return for one and store credit for the other?
That you would like a venue alternative is another thing alltogether. I think we can all agree that having more room to play in would be wonderful and that it would be of great help in growing the community.
Whether or not Joel sees expanding as desirable for his business remains to be seen.

- Art

Last edited by ar2 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:06 pm

This post went gay pretty damn fast, lets get back to raging against the world ! Twisted Evil
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:08 pm

luis the young wrote:This post went gay pretty damn fast, lets get back to raging against the world ! Twisted Evil

Pretty damn fast? I wish it had gone, as you say "gay" after page one, not page 10!

- Art

BTW, Luis I like that you list your FOW Peasant Cannibal Army in the armies you play. Cuba did send men to WWII strictly as support. Razz And yes I am Cuban, and yes I was born there. Very Happy

Read the post above yours, you jumped in before I finished it. Cool

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Eldar, guy complete the math. In your example #1 player "B" reach 150 points level only spending $20 bucks, player "A" will have to spend $60 bucks to reach the same level. I will be damn if I going participanting in a ponzi scam. One player pays for the other, in the above example I will lose $30, I am still 50 points short, how the fuck is that a deal.

I do agree with you, there should be the same points awarded regardless of the outcome the game, which is basically calling it a draw.

I had suggested to Mr. Sunshine that the player should be reward for the amount of games you play, not how you bashed someones nuts in game.

But, now I have an option, NO FUCKING LEAGUE for me!

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:07 pm

Okay, so the options are:

2 dollars for unlimited gaming with no points towards store credit, and you can only play games against people who are also not playing in the league, OR 2 dollars for up to three League games.

This is a minor improvement, but an improvement nonetheless. As for student parking... I have parking tickets from FIU which date back two years. The only thing those tickets do is keep you from graduating until they're paid, and because my car isn't registered to my student ID, they can't even do that.

I have been known, on occasion, to park in the Admin parking spots all day long. FIU cops are basically mall cops.
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:13 pm

It would really suck, if I came out one night after a game and found my car was towed because of my weekly abuse on not paying.

I not saying you wrong Nick, but I am not willing to gamble on your speculation.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:24 pm

I believe you can still play against people who want the league fee and vice versa, but they just won't get the points (which may discourage some from not playing certain people).

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:58 pm

Well, Ovich the way you were pissing and moaning like your nuts were being step on by an elephant, yes it shoud be a big thing.

But I already knew whatever the outcome, you wouldn't like it short of Joel giving the contents of the store away for free and giving you a thousand dollars to make up for your lost time in carrying the boxes to your car by yourself.

Wrong Jerry. The only outcome that would have been sufficient for me would be the consumers choice between paying a 2 dollar fee and getting store credit later on, or NOT having to pay a 2 dollar fee.

And if you think I'm pissing and moaning, maybe you should take Joel's dick out of your mouth for a little while so you can think straight.

You're paying 2 dollars to a store owner who, months ago had no such fee, because he had competition. Now that he has no competition, he's abusing all of you, like the little one eyed filipino boys that he keeps in the back for his pleasure. No I'm not talking about Rokassan, for those of you who may be confused.

You guys are just gonna sit and take it. Wow.

Aren't we the consumers, aren't we the ones that should be demanding what we want.

I say we boycott all products until Joel decides to offer a choice between paying 2 bucks to play and not paying 2 bucks to play.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:15 pm

What are you going to boycott, Stephan? You never buy anything from him anyways. affraid
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Sodas and chips and the occasional reaper mini

It'll hit him where it hurts.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next